LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Would it be alright to call her work and talk to her coworker?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2014, 5:37 AM   #1
Established Member

Would it be alright to call her work and talk to her coworker?

Ok I know I'm obsessing about asking this girl out. I was thinking of calling her work and talking to whoever pics up the phone and asking if the girl I like is single. The other question I would ask is if this girl I like is willing to date a customer. I figured I wouldn't give my name out so if she says no, I can still get my haircut here. I know a supercuts manager and asked her if hairstylists can date clients and she said they can date whoever they want. It's still gonna be up to the individual, ultimately.
VedderisBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 5:49 AM   #2
Established Member

You'll come off as creepy if you do anything besides directly approaching this woman.
ZimboGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 5:54 AM   #3
Established Member

NO!

Ask her directly.

Can I make that NO any bigger and bolder???!!!
Toodaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 6:27 AM   #4
Established Member

Just grow a pair and ask her out. If you skulk around beforehand, even if she says yes, you'll probably blow it later with that behavior pattern...
A love that should have lasted years
CryForNoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 6:31 AM   #5

A better idea is to ask her directly. Once you know her a little, THEN you can call her co-workers/friends and ask about her. This will drive her wild.
LoneIsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 6:35 AM   #6
Established Member

May as well caulk this one up as a no, you've already blown it with your obsessing and lack of confidence.
sid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 7:05 AM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneIsland View Post
A better idea is to ask her directly. Once you know her a little, THEN you can call her co-workers/friends and ask about her. This will drive her wild.
Trust me it won't.

Never had a stalker? Its horrible.

If some bloke called up my work place and started asking questions about me they would be reported and I would end up with an armed guard at home!

Equally if some strange woman called up and was asking me about the chaps then they would get a very short thrift...

It is not professional to answer personal questions about the people you work with and it is down right creepy.
Old 2nd October 2014, 7:19 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3 View Post
May as well caulk this one up as a no, you've already blown it with your obsessing and lack of confidence.
Lol. I think you meant "chalk" not "caulk", although I like the imagery of "caulking" as it has a certain finality of the deal being "sealed"...
CryForNoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 7:38 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryForNoOne View Post
Lol. I think you meant "chalk" not "caulk", although I like the imagery of "caulking" as it has a certain finality of the deal being "sealed"...
No, I meant caulk, your imagery was correct. Semantics aside, the only thing worse than calling her coworkers would be to wait outside by her car.
Old 2nd October 2014, 7:47 AM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3 View Post
No, I meant caulk, your imagery was correct. Semantics aside, the only thing worse than calling her coworkers would be to wait outside by her car.
or her house... start taking pictures of her and looking through her windows... calling her up at night...

*Shudder*
Old 2nd October 2014, 7:50 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodaloo View Post
or her house... start taking pictures of her and looking through her windows... calling her up at night...

*Shudder*
I don't know, hanging around her house at night would probably ok if he brought a dozen roses, and maybe a box of chocolate.
Old 2nd October 2014, 7:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodaloo View Post
Trust me it won't.

Never had a stalker? Its horrible.

If some bloke called up my work place and started asking questions about me they would be reported and I would end up with an armed guard at home!

Equally if some strange woman called up and was asking me about the chaps then they would get a very short thrift...

It is not professional to answer personal questions about the people you work with and it is down right creepy.
Who said anything about stalking. Calling her friends once the initial contact is already made, and she's has some interest, is perfectly fun.
LoneIsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 7:56 AM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneIsland View Post
Who said anything about stalking. Calling her friends once the initial contact is already made, and she's has some interest, is perfectly fun.
No it really isn't!!!

You can't call friends of those you have just met, you are a stranger.
BlueIris likes this.
Emilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 7:58 AM   #14
Established Member

Boundaries are important. Her work place is not where you should be discussing her personal life. Her co-workers are there to work, not fix you up.

By thinking about doing this, you seem immature. If you actually do it, it will backfire on you big time. I'd never date a man who was so clueless as to embarrass me professionally.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 8:01 AM   #15
Established Member

ok I get everyone's point. I'll admit, I was in a 6.5 year relationship and so I'm trying to get used to the whole dating game again. I need to work on my playa skills I guess lol.
VedderisBetter is offline   Reply With Quote