Anniversary ideas?

c.jude

Boyfriend and I are celebrating our one year mark. I don't think it was *that* much of a big deal, apparently he does. He told me he already got me my gift (my friend accidentally spilled the beans, it is supposed to be a surprise.). He went shopping for a ring (not an engagement ring lol) for me for our anniversary since he knows I like to wear rings. Pretty pricy especially for him who does not make a lot of money. I don't know what to get him at all. I mean, he loves video games, reads (already got him books I thought he'd like on two occasions), he has a fascination for guns, typical guy stuff. He has told me to get him something he can use. I mean, he's mentioned he needs a new cutting board for the kitchen lol. I just have no clue what to get him at all.... Is it normal to exchange gifts on year marks for dating (anniversaries?)?

What gifts have you got your significant others in the past? I don't want to seem cheap and selfish. I am 18 by the way, and he is 23. This is my first anniversary in a relationship ever so I'm new to this, guys. Any ideas, constructive advice, etc would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

He has told me to get him something he can use.

I got mine a gold necklace and a card. She got me nothing because she didn't want to make it into this whole big thing. She felt a little embarrassed. I didn't care. I married her a little over a year later anyway.

Don't sweat it. Anything personal is fine, maybe something he can show off at work. It doesn't have to be much, but personal is much better than a cutting board.

he's mentioned he needs a new cutting board for the kitchen lol.

Go to Etsy - they have really cool cutting boards you could order that would be customized with his name.

I'm ordering one for my Bro- and Sister-in-Law who are celebrating a five-year anniversary (wood is a classic gift for that occasion).

I never even heard of dating anniversaries until I started hanging out on message boards.

If he needs a cutting board, get him one.

Since your guy is the one driving this anniversary gift exchange he sounds more romantic & detail oriented than many men, but guys tend to like practical rather than sentimental gifts.

Get him a cutting board and purchase ingredients for his favorite meal. Then celebrate the anniversary by cooking together and use the cutting board.

Best anniversary gift I ever received was a gift basket.

But it wasn't a normal gift basket. In it was a bottle of Jack Daniels, some DVD's, and bags of my favorite chips, along with some cooking utensils.

How all of that fit in that damn basket, who knows. But it was amazing.