Surprise Visitor and Surprises

frozengirl

Have your boyfriend or girlfriend ever just shown up at your place unannounced making a surprise visit to see you? What about surprises like they showed up for a date and gave you a surprise gift etc.

I had ex's do these things, it was always fun. What about you?

I don't like those kinds of surprises. Anybody who knows me learns that very quickly

I had one LDR BF at the time do that. He actually showed up on my coast (the east coast) from California with an engagement ring. It didn't end well.

• Like 3

It didn't end well for me either because I had to break his heart, again.

It was kind of a Hail Mary thing on his part. We had already broken up. He misunderstood me when I left him thinking that I wanted out because he wasn't committed enough.

I personally don't like people showing up unannounced. Unless we are making long term plans, and you're now part of my "family", that's not something I enjoy.

• Like 1
sdrawkcaB ssA
Have your boyfriend or girlfriend ever just shown up at your place unannounced making a surprise visit to see you? What about surprises like they showed up for a date and gave you a surprise gift etc.

I had ex's do these things, it was always fun. What about you?

I did it a few times myself...

Once a nice younger woman who would stop and chat every time she would stop by to pickup items from the shop I worked at time to time. After a number of talks, I had an odd attraction to her personality, but never knew much of her personally. I had already given work my 30 days notice and had a few days left, but never seen her to tell her I was going, so I made a quick stop by with a b'day pressy to let her know.

She had been out making pickups and deliveries, so I just left the pressy and card at her desk. She probably did not know who left it, as we just talked about what ever, but never brought up exchanging information such as names. I knew she had a boyfriend so I did not bother with leaving a number. I guess I have an odd way of showing appreciation and saying goodbyes.

The other being a surprise visit to a woman I had been FWB with, after our mutual release from each other.

She had been living at home, and 9 months pregnant. I showed up with her favorite flower (Purple Orchid), as she was due for her baby's birth.

At the time we had NC, as I did not want to make things any more difficult than they were. I was a week early as I had gone with her estimation of due date.

I was glad I did not see her, as I still had feelings, and knew it was still too early for her as well.

So, I talked a bit with her mother in parting with my gift. My only thoughts in leaving was being happy for her and believing the soon to be father of her child will be there for her when he returns.

Lernaean_Hydra

My most recent ex showed up at my apartment out of the blue one day (we were together at the time of course). He didn't even have an excuse, he was just...there. It felt like he wanted to catch me doing something I shouldn't be doing, which is probably exactly why he did it. I hate surprise visits, by anyone for any reason.

I don't like it either.

I have always been the type of person who burns the candle at three ends with tasks, to-do lists, and projects.

Having someone show up unexpectedly would throw everything in disarray and while I would be/could be gracious, I would inwardly be very annoyed.

Even now, I am mentally - and physically - planning out my calendar through the end of the year. In fact, there have been some snafus with my husband's kids a few weeks down the line that have already had me discombobulated in re-arranging the to-do list.

When my fiancé and I first started dating, we were apart when he was at a conference and when he returned home on a flight that landed at midnight, he called from the terminal and said he was coming to visit me. It was nice that he gave me the hour's warning, but it still threw off the fact that I *really* wasn't ready for a visitor...

• Like 1

When dating gets serious or in a relationship I tend to do little surprises like that and never was a girl thrown off...they all like the fact I brought them their favorite drink, flowers or food

I guess it depends

I hate this. At least I do in the beginning. If she has a key to my place and is basically living there then that's different. But if we're dating and it wouldn't be normal for her to be at my place without me, then "unannounced drop ins" are a no-no in my book. She doesn't need to ask per se. I just want some heads up. I don't have anything to hide but in this day and age, there is no reason for not sending a text 5 or 10 minutes before you show up saying, "hey I am going to swing by". The only reason not to do so is to pry and I hate prying.

• Like 1