Should I date this guy if he likes me and I don't really like him back?

collegestudent1

collegestudent1

A few guys asked me out in the past and I said no because I wasn't ready for a relationship at the time but this time I think I am ready for a boyfriend but I want to be with a guy that I am attracted to and wants to be with me. The problem is, he says he really likes me but I don't really like him back. He has a great personality but just not my type. He told me that he really cares about me and he really does. He flirts with a lot of girls the first day I met him and kissed me on the cheek. He told me that he likes me a lot and has been touchy with me too. He is a very sweet guy It has been twice that we met and he already tried to kiss me and we even held hands and told me he loved already and were not even exclusive! Should I date him or not bother if he's moving too fast? I really don't want to hurt his feelings or reject him because I rejected other guys in the past and they have been heartbroken. What should do?

A few guys asked me out in the past and I said no because I wasn't ready for a relationship at the time but this time I think I am ready for a boyfriend but I want to be with a guy that I am attracted to and wants to be with me. The problem is, he says he really likes me but I don't really like him back. He has a great personality but just not my type. He told me that he really cares about me and he really does. He flirts with a lot of girls the first day I met him and kissed me on the cheek. He told me that he likes me a lot and has been touchy with me too. He is a very sweet guy It has been twice that we met and he already tried to kiss me and we even held hands and told me he loved already and were not even exclusive! Should I date him or not bother if he's moving too fast? I really don't want to hurt his feelings or reject him because I rejected other guys in the past and they have been heartbroken. What should do?

Apparently no one at kindergarten taught him to keep his hands to himself. Tell him he's a nice guy, but you're not interested.

I would go on one date with him to see if that experience changes your perspective on him. He may be different on a date vs when he's just flirting.

If during or after the date you haven't become more attracted to him, you pick up the check & tell him this isn't working for you.

• Like 1
WhatIsLove2014

He told you he loves you already? Nobody finds that creepy?!

Let him go. He has already been in a relationship with you for 2 years in his head...

• Like 1
confused1001

Are you by any chance seeing Michael Scott? haha;)

But really, if you are not interested in him do not go on a date with him. This will just lead him to false hope. Wait until you find someone you are interested in.

Father'sGentleFlower

Please do not lead him on anymore, if he really is into you and you date him, then he will get more and more attached, which would break his heart even more when you break up... BECAUSE YOU WILL BREAK UP AND VERY SOON if you have doubts right now. I'm speaking from experience because I am on the other side of that coin and it hurts like hell! I have not been broken up with, but even staying hurts when you know that there are doubts. If you at least care about his feelings, the cease and desist!

If you're just not feeling it with this guy then turn him down.

His feelings are his own to manage. You sound like you're a very caring and sensitive person, so I'm sure when you turn him down it will be gentle. Just make sure it's firm.

If you don't like him why bother? If you're trying to be nice, it's still the best route to take. Rejection is always better than manipulation, whether willingly intended or not.

There are people who eventually get more attractive and more interesting as the relationship evolves (as in you both talking more frequently or seeing each other more often). That never worked for me though. If I have doubts at the start, I'll always keep them. It has to be someone who I'm attracted to since the start, else I'll try to find somebody else. May be different for you, so maybe you should try again and see? Then again, if you're sure you don't like him, don't be afraid to break his heart; remember that if you keep seeing/talking to him, he'll just get more attached and it will be even worse to break up in the future.

And wow, you guys haven't even kissed yet and he says he loves you? What the f?