Dating worth it

teamrocket

My ex would tell me stuff like he didn't care what happened to me or that he thought me attending college was a waste of time. I paid for everything in the relationship and he just treated me so badly, yet for a time I still wanted to be together. Do you think dating is worth it in the end? Even when it ended badly?

My ex would tell me stuff like he didn't care what happened to me or that he thought me attending college was a waste of time. I paid for everything in the relationship and he just treated me so badly, yet for a time I still wanted to be together. Do you think dating is worth it in the end? Even when it ended badly?

The dating you are describing is not worth it.

The person you are dating is suppose to encourage and support you to become the best you can be, trust you, treat you with respect and consideration.

• Like 1

Absolutely! Now you have a negative role model.

If you ever hear or experience these things again, you'll know what to do. Nothing in life is free, and you just paid for a great experience. It sounds like you didn't get hurt, so consider it a win.

• Like 1

Dating that guy was not worth it.

Having a healthy, happy balanced relationship enhances other things in your life. Go find one of those.

• Like 1

Asking whether or not is was 'worth it' doesn't really get you anywhere because unless you've got a time machine (that I'd like to borrow) the time you spent with him has passed.

It's now you in the present with a much clearer idea of what you don't like and what you do like (he must have had some redeeming qualities for you to even start dating him in the first place). You have a better sense of how an intimate partner behaves and how you behave in kind. Some of that has likely glued into your mind, becoming intuition.

We learn through failures and mistakes. Success breeds complacency. Planning or hoping for perfect relationships prevents good ones from forming.

Cherish the good memories that you and he had together and learn from bad ones.

He was but one man in the billions before him and the billions yet to come.

Yah, dating was definately worth it.

This guy made it all the way to be your BF, so he past the dating stage. - You mention him as your ex

I'm sure you would agree too, that it was worth it OP