College crush; how can I approach him?

msalek89

So I have been out of the dating game for about a year and I feel like I’ve lost any charm that I had. There is this guy in my class that I can’t stop thinking about. This is the second semester that I have a class in common with him. Apparently we are majoring in the same field. He seems shy and quiet, so am I. We sit in the same row in class and I am secretly looking at him most of the time.

I didn't know his name until yesterday that the professor handed us back our exam. I am having a hard time trying to approach him and talk to him. I am not very good at approaching guys, but if they approach me it’s a different story. I have tried to come early to class to see if he is there early, but he is not. Then, I try to approach him after class but he always leaves fast because he gets picked up.

That’s another thing that got me thinking, who is picking him up? Maybe his parents, girlfriend? I never get to see the person driving so I don’t know. Yesterday I decided to search for him on facebook since now I know his name just to see if he has a GF. He doesn't look like he uses his facebook much and his profile picture is of his family. So what do you guys think I should do? How can I talk to this guy?

Ask him if you can see his notes or if he'd like to study together. As you talk more about class you can find out more info about him.

• Like 1
So I have been out of the dating game for about a year and I feel like I’ve lost any charm that I had. There is this guy in my class that I can’t stop thinking about. This is the second semester that I have a class in common with him. Apparently we are majoring in the same field. He seems shy and quiet, so am I. We sit in the same row in class and I am secretly looking at him most of the time.

I didn't know his name until yesterday that the professor handed us back our exam. I am having a hard time trying to approach him and talk to him. I am not very good at approaching guys, but if they approach me it’s a different story. I have tried to come early to class to see if he is there early, but he is not. Then, I try to approach him after class but he always leaves fast because he gets picked up.

That’s another thing that got me thinking, who is picking him up? Maybe his parents, girlfriend? I never get to see the person driving so I don’t know. Yesterday I decided to search for him on facebook since now I know his name just to see if he has a GF. He doesn't look like he uses his facebook much and his profile picture is of his family. So what do you guys think I should do? How can I talk to this guy?

Keep it simple. Ask him about his opinion on the class and the same major you two share. All else should take off from there if he's interested in you.

• Like 3
JuneJulySeptember

My god, that's easy.

People usually sit in the same place during class.

Find out where he likes to sit, then just sit next to him one day, and ask him if you can get his notes from such day, or if he can explain something to you.

Women have even done this to me when I was in school.

Unfortunately for me, they really did only want my notes. :mad:

• Like 1

The best way to get him is to sit next to him and talk about school and get his contact information when ya'll are talking about school, other than that u will come off as desperate and make him run for his life, always happen to me at school.

But the worst case scenario is for you to confess your feelings for him to his friends, you will make him run forever.

• Like 1

You've gotten some good advice here, OP. I think this guy probably has no idea that you like him. In fact, he might even think you're already taken since you've never said anything to him. Take a seat next to him, and strike up a conversation. If he's a shy guy like me who hates approaching girls, he'll appreciate the attention.

• Like 1