What to say when she doesn't respond to your text correctly?

Hungup123

This always throws me off.

Example:

Her: Hey! Just got back from my trip how was your week!?

Me: Great, real busy, but had a great weekend. How was your trip?

Her: Good to hear, what did you do? It was great! Did a lot of sight seeing!

Me: Glad you had a good time. I hung out with an old friend and went to a cool bar. When are you free to get together again and you can tell me all about it

Her:I'm glad you got to see him!

Keep in mind she reached out to me after a week or so the day she got back. Do I just sit tight?

Lets see, a week late in sending??? It seems like a txt that you have had without a hitch.

I am confused to what part is late.

Could it be you had her return date a week early???

I have had delays with how my mate will order my correspondence.

Sometimes she'll reply to an old message that I thought was long gone.

Other times a few days pass, as she is busy with matters and needs a rest.

It all depends on how much messages she has and how she weeds things out.

If that is the only hitch, I would not worry much, as long as the flow of both personal and txt contact is going well since return.

• Author
Lets see, a week late in sending??? It seems like a txt that you have had without a hitch.

I am confused to what part is late.

Could it be you had her return date a week early???

I have had delays with how my mate will order my correspondence.

Sometimes she'll reply to an old message that I thought was long gone.

Other times a few days pass, as she is busy with matters and needs a rest.

It all depends on how much messages she has and how she weeds things out.

If that is the only hitch, I would not worry much, as long as the flow of both personal and txt contact is going well since return.

No she was out of the country for a week in Europe (unable to use her phone) and we had our first date 2 days before she left that went pretty well. She just got back and that is our string of texts in about 2 hours worth of time.

My disconnect is when I ask "...when you are free to get together", and she responds with something like "glad you got to see him", and seemingly avoids the question. My internal voice is saying "she didn't see your question, point it out again. But my rational mr cool voice is saying, you asked she needs to be smart it enough to read and respond.

Edited by Hungup123

Well, you have a 50/50 chance.....she was either texting while doing something else and legitimately missed it or just ignored it. In either case you have nothing to lose by pointing it out and asking again.

Say something like "so.....about that get together, when did you say you were free?" A little forward and kitschy. I would like it. If she ignores or doesn't respond, you have your answer.

• Like 1

Yeah... umm, this happened to me too.

Me: "<random response to something she said> What time are you free to Skype?"

(She lives far away. She already agreed to Skype.)

Her: "Haha I know right? Yep!"

Sometimes people just misread stuff. I gently pointed out, "When are you free to Skype?" again to her and she, slightly embarassed, suggested a time and we went on to have a really great Skype conversation.

Sometimes people really do just fail to see that question tacked onto the end of the message.

Edited by windows
No she was out of the country for a week in Europe (unable to use her phone) and we had our first date 2 days before she left that went pretty well. She just got back and that is our string of texts in about 2 hours worth of time.

My disconnect is when I ask "...when you are free to get together", and she responds with something like "glad you got to see him", and seemingly avoids the question. My internal voice is saying "she didn't see your question, point it out again. But my rational mr cool voice is saying, you asked she needs to be smart it enough to read and respond.

I get that a lot... more than I like to admit between the both of us. But I am OK with it.

My mate is very busy, and we both can put our emotions at a higher level than just convo. So what happens is trival talk gets mixed with simple questions, and somehow they both are filtered by what is important at the time. So we end up focusing on either the first part of the message or last part.

So, you can imagine when I send a lengthy message about everything. And all I get is a few lines back.

I guess it is all about understanding not everything in a message is going to be seen and talked about at times. Just because you or the other is on the run or trying to get through all the messages.

If anything it can be annoying when you really want to share thoughts.

My only way of combating lost lines of txt, is to wait for times when the other is not so busy, or to send wee messages here and there until you can talk on the phone or in person.

Michelle ma Belle

I think we've all gone down that road where we've misread texts. I know I've done it but I also tend to reread them while I'm waiting for a response. It's usually then i realize I f*cked up and then respond accordingly with an apology followed by an appropriate answer.

This could all be quite innocent but then again she could also be distracted and brushing you off. You don't know until you ask the question again and see how she responds to that.

Good luck.

When are you free to get together again and you can tell me all about it

If that's literally what you said I think there's a good chance she misread that. I think you should go in for the kill and say, "I would love to hear more about your trip over dinner. When are you free?"

OR you could sit tight like a pansy. But if she's not interested best to just find out now and get it over with. If she is interested, she will respond and life will carry on as normal.

For future reference, don't ask women out over text.

I would have just responded with some type of non-sequitir and then not respond for a week.

I take "hints" very seriously.

If I was talking to someone and they dropped me that "hint" (that's how I read it in the OP), I would have just replied politely in the same way and never contacted that person again.

P.S. The hint is that she isn't interested.