I don't know if it was a date or even if he's interested?

wonderchild

I went to the movies tonight with someone and I can't figure out if it was a date or even if he's interested me in that way.

Brief back story.. I've known this person for a long time. I guess you could say we were friends for a little while growing up. A few months ago he got in touch with my on facebook and asked me if I wanted to hang out. But I was away at school and busy with work so there was never any time. Finally I get some time off and we agree to hang out. He asked if I wanted to go to the movies, I said yes.

So tonight we go to the movies, make small talk on the way, and when we get there he tells me he'll pay for my ticket. We see the movie, make small talk on the way home, and I drop him off.

He doesn't try to kiss me but tells me to "hit" him up if I want to hang out again. Was it just two old friends hanging out? Or was it more? I don't speak 20 year old boy so I'm not sure. :confused:

• Author

This morning he texted me to tell me that he had fun. I was glad to hear he enjoyed himself. And a few minutes ago he texted me and again said that I should let him know if I wanted to hang out again. So if nothing else he seems to want to be friends. Which is fine.

I don't have a lot of dating experience and I don't get asked out by guys very often so if he were interested in more than friendship, and he didn't seem to be clingy or stalker-ish (those tend to be the only guys that I attract), I would probably be interested too. Although I should probably strive for a little more than that in a future boyfriend :p

This morning he texted me to tell me that he had fun. I was glad to hear he enjoyed himself. And a few minutes ago he texted me and again said that I should let him know if I wanted to hang out again. So if nothing else he seems to want to be friends. Which is fine.

I don't have a lot of dating experience and I don't get asked out by guys very often so if he were interested in more than friendship, and he didn't seem to be clingy or stalker-ish (those tend to be the only guys that I attract), I would probably be interested too. Although I should probably strive for a little more than that in a future boyfriend :p

although.... if you don't have a lot of dating experience I can assume you're a little awkward with this stuff, which means a boy who was interested might be too, and you are both young.... SO he may just want to be friends but if you are possibly interested in more, respond back enthusiastically..

"Definitely! Hmm, What should we do next time?" You can suggest an activity or a specific date if you want.

If he's interested, he'll probably be very enthusiastic back. If not, there will be a calmer response.

He has an interest but he is playing it cool to see how things go before turning it into something romantic. The above poster is right, you need to show more enthusiasm, flirting, etc.