Experience Dating Older Women or Women dating Younger Guys?

I was wondering what any Guy's experience dating older women, and by how many years? It seems to be more acceptable and popular for younger guys to date cougars/milfs. And older women are more comfortable dating younger (and poorer) guys. Older women don't want that rich middle aged guy, that all the young girls want.

But I think a lot of guys are open-minded to dating Cougars. There are a lot of hot older women I know, and some divorced women.

I was wondering what any Guy's experience dating older women, and by how many years? It seems to be more acceptable and popular for younger guys to date cougars/milfs. And older women are more comfortable dating younger (and poorer) guys. Older women don't want that rich middle aged guy, that all the young girls want.

But I think a lot of guys are open-minded to dating Cougars. There are a lot of hot older women I know, and some divorced women.

My SM is 6 years older than I. Not much to brag about as we both do not see much difference in being emotionally mature. Though, I was one who took a long time to mature in physical form. I look a wee younger than I am, so she looks like what you expect in a cougar. Who ever made up such a term for older women should be shot! Don't like it, as it sounds cheap and degrading. So who am I to complain, as no women's group is complaining yet. Wealth, looks, and expectations are not what allowed us to be so in love. If anyone thinks that material things are needed to find the perfect match, then good luck. Your using each other for status or being needy.

• Like 1

As a man in his 40s, I have dated women older than me a few times. My ex is 4yrs older than me, and the oldest I have dated was 15 yrs older than me (but she was petite and didn't look her age).

For them it was more of a companionship thing, and we both enjoyed the talks, outings and quiet nights in.

However, one has to be realistic that going way over your age group or way lower is only temporary, and as you get older you find yourselves at opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of relating to life.

A lot of my female friends are older women (I guess that's what happens when you work in health care), and while I have never dated any, I hang out with them all the time. SOlo, too.

(I've actually been mistaken for dating several of them, people tend to make assumptions).

One thing I've noticed among older ladies is they know what they want. They're not afraid to voice it. They're MUCH easier to talk to, and even relate to. They're not into playing games and have certain standards.

As far as dating younger guys, the older women that I know tend to prefer to think of LONG TERM with a man their old age, but admit that they like the young guys for fun (be it sexual or non-sexual). But definitely (nearly) all of them say they want a man their own age to settle down with. That's a pretty re-occurring theme.

I actually quite like hanging out with my older female friends. They're very insightful about anything and everything, including relationships.

• Author

yeah, I think a woman still wants a man her own age because of money - she doesn't want to pay a younger man's rent. Even older woman keep their traditional mindsets and expect a man to have the same or higher salary. so much for feminist indepedennce lol.

• Like 1

when i date i dont date for fun.......i dont consider men to eb toys to play with, if i liked a younger man his financial status and or age wouldnt make a difference on whether i dated him or not.......what would was his maturity level.....dated a guy recently who was into party mode ....all the time...i am past that mode.....i dont blame young guys for wanting to party ......but for long term its not where i am at.......

thats what i feel it comes down to ...where a person is in life.....some women are out for long term some are out for short term.....i think it comes down more to maturity than age.......i have been mature since a teen.....havent changed much really....just experienced more...and gotten older ....still feel the same i just live my values now instead of say them and cave in..deb

• Like 2

I've been with a lot of older women! I adore them. They are so sexy. They can have deep, meaningful, real, vulnerable conversations. The sex is always amazing. And the respect is huge on both ends. I love hearing them say "You make me feel young again." The first woman who said that... I swear I fell in love with her right then.

I've dated....

20. I dated a 30 year old (she worked for Warner Brothers and for the Olypmics).

21. I dated a 32 year old Dermatologist.

22. I saw a 28 year old Lawyer.

22-23. I was a FWB with a 43 year old Spanish milf.

24. I saw a 45 year old sales rep woman. She wanted to be my sugar mama- fly me to Hawaii for 2 months, wanted to buy

me really expensive gifts.

24. I saw a 42 year old milf of 2 who was a writer.

24-25. I saw a 44 year old milf of 3 who owned a flower shop.

25. I saw a 34 year old lawyer.

25. I was a FWB with a 35 year old yoga teacher.

And I think there is an older woman now who has a pretty big crush on me who comes to my work fairly often. And she is so sexy. She came in and asked me to hold her flower that she bought for her sister. Then looked at me and said "It would be great if someone would be me flowers"... I'll ask her out next time I see her.

Older women are like walking on clouds. Women my age... They are nightmares. I may as well date Freddy Kruger...

Edited by Supernatural
  • Like 2
A lot of my female friends are older women (I guess that's what happens when you work in health care), and while I have never dated any, I hang out with them all the time. SOlo, too.

(I've actually been mistaken for dating several of them, people tend to make assumptions).

One thing I've noticed among older ladies is they know what they want. They're not afraid to voice it. They're MUCH easier to talk to, and even relate to. They're not into playing games and have certain standards.

As far as dating younger guys, the older women that I know tend to prefer to think of LONG TERM with a man their old age, but admit that they like the young guys for fun (be it sexual or non-sexual). But definitely (nearly) all of them say they want a man their own age to settle down with. That's a pretty re-occurring theme.

I actually quite like hanging out with my older female friends. They're very insightful about anything and everything, including relationships.

This +1.

My Girlfriend is 6 years older then me (She's 44, I'm 38) It's at the upper end of the range I was considering, but this aspect is awesome. The ones my age and especially younger did have issues with the games/ not speaking their truth and what they really wanted in a relationship. It could be just a personality trait of my girlfriend too.

I've been with a lot of older women! I adore them. They are so sexy. They can have deep, meaningful, real, vulnerable conversations. The sex is always amazing. And the respect is huge on both ends. I love hearing them say "You make me feel young again." The first woman who said that... I swear I fell in love with her right then.

I've dated....

20. I dated a 30 year old (she worked for Warner Brothers and for the Olypmics).

21. I dated a 32 year old Dermatologist.

22. I saw a 28 year old Lawyer.

22-23. I was a FWB with a 43 year old Spanish milf.

24. I saw a 45 year old sales rep woman. She wanted to be my sugar mama- fly me to Hawaii for 2 months, wanted to buy

me really expensive gifts.

24. I saw a 42 year old milf of 2 who was a writer.

24-25. I saw a 44 year old milf of 3 who owned a flower shop.

25. I saw a 34 year old lawyer.

25. I was a FWB with a 35 year old yoga teacher.

And I think there is an older woman now who has a pretty big crush on me who comes to my work fairly often. And she is so sexy. She came in and asked me to hold her flower that she bought for her sister. Then looked at me and said "It would be great if someone would be me flowers"... I'll ask her out next time I see her.

Older women are like walking on clouds. Women my age... They are nightmares. I may as well date Freddy Kruger...

Whoa dude. Sounds like your floral shop is a honey pot for cougars.

I am 48 (female) and dating man 35. He likes that I am secure in who I am, I am stable, I don't sweat the small stuff, I have let go of my inhibitions, and I don't want children (obviously). I like him because contrary to men my age he's not bitter, he communicates, he's ambitious, he's full of energy, he has dreams and goals.

• Like 2
Whoa dude. Sounds like your floral shop is a honey pot for cougars.

Yessir! It's been a nice ride. Always learn so much from each older woman.

if i liked a younger man his financial status wouldnt make a difference on whether i dated him or not.

Hmmmm.....on paper this sounds good, but am sure in reality offline it's a different matter. So if this younger man has money issues / hasn't got a job / is a leech......he will still make for a good candidate?

I knew this was where I was going wrong, no wonder I keep getting the "you seem busy", "your profile is intimidating", "I can't keep up with you" i.e. being a go-getter is working against me :rolleyes:

I am 48 (female) and dating man 35. He likes that I am secure

I say...I am sure that is NOT the only thing he likes. wink wink. As a man in his 40s, I couldn't do the opposite because most want kid(s), and they come with drama, head games and a whole lot of other BS.

Edited by Tayken