Adding someone on facebook. The new equivalent to getting a phone number?

Mr. Handsome

Well, now that everything is available on facebook and its so easy to contact someone on the computer and mobile through it, isn't the mere act of finding someone and adding them implicating some interest?

For example, you meet a cute person. You talk off and on for awhile, and then a day later you receive a friend request from them. Doesn't that mean they were thinking about you? They spent the time to look you up and send that request. And this by accepting, i can be contacted at any time by them.

And when could friending someone on facebook have a negative impact? You have an interest in someone, and you talk for a bit in a public area and then that night after you send them a friend request. Couldn't that be interpreted as creepy?

Opinions?

I think its better to get someone's number in real life rather than facebook. I think adding someone on facebook rather than approaching them in real life is a little bit lacking character and wouldn't impress the person you intend to pursue.

Eh, Facebook friend requests don't require much effort at all. It takes a few seconds to look someone up and send a request, so I wouldn't interpret that as very significant in terms of expressing interest. Some people add friends like it's their hobby. I would personally be far more impressed by a man taking my number and then actually calling me. Maybe I'm dating myself a tad, but I also don't accept friend requests from guys I've just met.