Had a so-so second date, and I am kicking myself in the head...

runaway

I went on a date with this cutiepie about six days ago. It went well, and the girl really seemed interested in getting to know me. She texted me the same night, and I was able to secure the second date. Then, we had our second date last night. Even though I was enthused about seeing that pretty and charming girl again, I was in a pretty bad mood at the same time because I am coming off a bad week. Anyway, I took her to a restaurant in a hip area of the city, then checked out some interesting stores in the neighborhood, then walked like a mile together to an improv club, and then walked together to her apartment building. I think she liked all the places I took her to, but I felt I wasn't interesting enough. I kept asking her these questions that made me ask myself, "****, why did I just ask this dumb question?" We kissed in front of her place, but I felt that the kiss was kinda lacking in passion on her part. It was a completely off night for me, and I probably won't get to go on date #3. I know there are plenty of fish out there. Nevertheless, I feel so bad.

I feel like I can never make it past date #2. I need to do something about it, but I don't know how and what...

Just ask for a third date and see what happens. If she declines, you have your answer. If she accepts, she's probably into it as well. From a personal standpoint, I feel its rare to get beyond a second date if neither party really has any interest.

You can try apologizing for the evening by saying it was a long week, but really, I'd just ask her out again.

WhatIsLove2014

I'd try a third date as well...it's pretty obvious that you werent into it because of your workweek. So try another date, just to be sure.

Well here it is a whole 6 days later so did you even ask for a 3rd date yet? I'm just saying, a lot of time has passed between now and the 2nd date.

It seems like you had a decent 2nd date here. It was one that should make you and her feel good afterward. Why did you feel like you wasn't interesting enough? I wouldn't be focused on this during the date. I would be more focused on learning more about her an d then you don't have to worry about seeming interesting. With a good choice of a date, which you had, and focus on learning more about her, this should carry you to your 3rd date with good frequency. Now you did bring up something interesting. It is also important not to say stupid things too but, again, if you keep the focus on your date this can be avoided most of the time.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the passion of the kiss. You didn't get her cheek instead or complete bob & weave so it is not bad. It could have been better, especially if she smiled afterward. Ask her out for the 3rd date if you haven't. You will need to take her to another spot which will generate good feelings again. Let the spot you choose help to do some of your work.