What does it mean if a guy doesn't want to exchange phone numbers?

xobeautyxoo

I am 18 and there was this guy I kinda like at my college that is 7 years older than me. Last week when I talked to him during my lunch break and when I was asking if we can exchange numbers, he said he doesn't want to. I have never seen a guy that has never wanted my number before. What are some reasons why he wouldn't want to exchange numbers to keep in touch?

I am 18 and there was this guy I kinda like at my college that is 7 years older than me. Last week when I talked to him during my lunch break and when I was asking if we can exchange numbers, he said he doesn't want to. I have never seen a guy that has never wanted my number before. What are some reasons why he wouldn't want to exchange numbers to keep in touch?

it means he doesn't want you to call him.

He's not interested in you IN THE LEAST.

- Id go as far to say that, he's particularly not interested in YOU.

thats it

or

There could be some kinda humor somewhere, or the fact that he doesnt own a phone

He's not interested in you and does not want you to contact him for whatever reason. The reason is because he's with someone.

OP,

Time for a little imagination.

He's 25, and considers you too young.

He's involved with someone else.

He doesn't much like talking on the phone, and hates texting. (They do exist.)

Which could all mean that he doesn't mind chatting with you in person, but that's all he wishes to do.

(either for the time being, or for all time.)

All it takes is one to break the universal rule of experience.

He's definitely got a girlfriend or some sort of significant other. He can't risk having you contact him via text or phone calls for her to see.

Seems like a good guy. Instead of being sneaky about it, he just said no.