Good 2nd Date. Kissed. Should I text or wait for him?

ThisisIt606

Had a fun 2nd date with this guy I met from online dating. During the first date (driving me home) he suggested a 2nd date and day. He told me to let him know what I wanted to do. The day before date 2 he texted me saying he was looking forward to it and hoped we were still in. I said yes and said it might be fun to go bowling. He agreed and we went last night (he picked me up). We played 1 game. We had a drink there and then we went for a short walk and had a drink at another place. After that he drove me home. We talked more, he told me more about himself/ his upbringing asked me some questions about my likes/school I went to etc. He was a little more touchy on this date (5 five bowling, back pat, leg pat, etc) just breaking the contact barrier other than hello/goodbye hug like the first time.

When we got to my place he came around to my side of the car to open the door, but I just opened it myself bc I felt awk waiting for him to do that. We hugged and said we both had fun and he kissed me, we made out for a bit and I did enjoy it. He said he was away this weekend (he told me on the first date- visiting family out of state) but we should get together next week. I told him that sounds good and went inside.

Text post date here::)

Should i just wait for him to initiate contact again he is away | HeTexted

Should I just wait for him to initiate contact again? He is away this weekend for a trip. Would it be alright to text him/hows trip etc during this time or is that “too soon” and clingy? I just want to make sure he knows I’m interested.

Send something short & pithy but do not try to start a conversation.

I'd say something along the lines of "Hope you are having fun on your trip. Let's reconnect when you get back."

When he gets back, you call him & ask him to do something for which you will pay.

• Like 1

I wouldn't text him or anything. To me, when I say I'm going to be out of town, I'm pretty much checked out and off limits until I'm back in town ready for the next thing. I see no advantage to texting him anything as long as you told him you enjoyed yourself already.

• Like 1
  • Author

the night of our date when I got home I texted him thanks for the fun night! had a good time with you:) have a good night.

he replied that he agreed- had a good time as well and i was a good kisser.

I told him he was too :) to which he said he's glad we can both kiss well and it's one of his favorite pasttimes. in his opinion, nothing better than a make-out with someone you like.

i told him "i agree :) sleep well!"

It's now THursday and no contact since that exchange of texts post date.

I believe he leaves tomorrow/friday for his trip. Would it be too much to text him tomorrow, "Enjoy your trip! looking forward to meeting up again when you get back" or something to that effect

he mentioned a movie he wanted to show me that he has on his computer. Should i allude to watching that?

I believe he leaves tomorrow/friday for his trip. Would it be too much to text him tomorrow, "Enjoy your trip! looking forward to meeting up again when you get back" or something to that effect

he mentioned a movie he wanted to show me that he has on his computer. Should i allude to watching that?

I already told you to do that very thing. I also said do not try to start a conversation via text since he was going out of town. Mentioning the movie is starting a conversation, isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Author

no, I don't want to seem desperate. I guess I'll just wait for him to text me when he comes back...I just don't know if he KNOWS i'm interested since I am introverted and a bit awkward as far as flirting does. but i think the fact that i actually did kiss him/make out and texted him when i got home that night that i had a good time would be enough proof for him hopefully.

Hello Thisisit606,

I say... do not contact him. Neither of you should be contacting eachother right now. He's doing the right thing by not contacting you since that second date because look at how much you want him, your climbing the walls haha.

If he was contacting you a lot I'm sure you'd hate it and go right off him. Tension and mystique is a good thing. I personally despise it when a man is clingy.... Your in a very good spot right now! This is where most women f*** up completely and go all psycho lol. Please don't ruin it by "innocently" contacting this guy!

Never rush into anything, take it veeeery slow.

• Like 1
  • Author
Hello Thisisit606,

I say... do not contact him. Neither of you should be contacting eachother right now. He's doing the right thing by not contacting you since that second date because look at how much you want him, your climbing the walls haha.

If he was contacting you a lot I'm sure you'd hate it and go right off him. Tension and mystique is a good thing. I personally despise it when a man is clingy.... Your in a very good spot right now! This is where most women f*** up completely and go all psycho lol. Please don't ruin it by "innocently" contacting this guy!

Never rush into anything, take it veeeery slow.

That's good advice, I never thought of how id feel if he was constantly texting post 2nd date. Thinking about it, I would be pretty annoyed! There's not much to text about now anyways.... Just our regular days. After this weekend he has his trip he could tell me about and I have some fun plans too. When he's back would it be ok to ask how his trip was ( visiting fam )? he told me the name of the dog too bc we both love dogs, and mention the dogs name? Or still just wait for him to contact.

I say still wait for him. Even when he's back from his trip. Even it takes a damn long time. I know it's tough going.... it sounds cliche but if he really likes you then yes he will absolutely initiate contact, why wouldn't he? I think he's deciding and processing his feelings towards you at this moment.

His time frame of when contact "should" be happening is very relaxed and casual - have the same attitude he has and don't really care. I bet he'll be really happy that you just gave him space and let him live his life and your not like all the other girls outhere who always initiated contact with him leaving him feeling hounded.

In the meantime don't think about him. I know it sounds boring, but the best thing to do is let life carry on as normal :D

the night of our date when I got home I texted him thanks for the fun night! had a good time with you:) have a good night.

he replied that he agreed- had a good time as well and i was a good kisser.

I told him he was too :) to which he said he's glad we can both kiss well and it's one of his favorite pasttimes. in his opinion, nothing better than a make-out with someone you like.

i told him "i agree :) sleep well!"

It's now THursday and no contact since that exchange of texts post date.

You initiated contact after the date to thank him and tell him you had a good time. THAT is showing interest and desire to continue seeing him.

I personally am not crazy about his comments on kissing, he likes to kiss, it's his favorite pastime blahblah. I would have preferred he talked about how you 2 get along, how much you laugh together, how he felt comfortable with you, that type of comment.

I would not put this guy on top of my list of prospects.

I would also NOT initiate contact with him because YOU initiated your last contact. The ball is really in his court.

So my feeling is this guy puts much less importance in you then you put in him. I would definitely put him in the back of my mind and let him show me what he is made of.

• Like 1

Are you totally cool with what he said about kissing..? Be brutally honest with yourself and think of his flaws, physical attractiveness, and personality appeal etc. It's all about how you feel about him.

He knows you like him, which is why I stress no contact. I don't want you falling into the hideous trap of believing that this guy is the only option you have right now.

Edited by mrslovely
  • Author
Are you totally cool with what he said about kissing..? Be brutally honest with yourself and think of his flaws, physical attractiveness, and personality appeal etc. It's all about how you feel about him.

He knows you like him, which is why I stress no contact. I don't want you falling into the hideous trap of believing that this guy is the only option you have right now.

Well I just feel he is the best (and I know there are obviously more guys in the future) option I have right now. I've been on a lot of dates and had to cut quite a few guys loose for various reasons (just wanting to hook up, being gross, boring, or overly eager/annoying)

The kissing comment definitely wasn't my favorite... but I was worried if he liked it or not,so at least it confirmed that he did. We didn't kiss date 1 and after that date he texted how he had a nice time/was looking forward to date 2.

I guess I just won't hold my breath with this one, obviously still stay on the sites and just be glad he was definitely a huge step up than my other dates with other guys.I won't contact him, just wait and see if he contacts me.

When I read the comment of him texting post date about the kissing... I got grossed out. Made it seem like he's just after sex.

to which he said he's glad we can both kiss well and it's one of his favorite pasttimes

If a girl said that to me... I wouldn't think about how she made me feel that night... I would think about all the other men she has experienced before me.

Grrrreaaatt her favorite past time is kissing... That means she must do it a lot.

Never talk about kissing. Let kissing just be there.

First rule of kissing. don't talk about kissing.

Second rule of kissing... DONT TALK ABOUT KISSING!

As for the texting... Keep living your life. You've done enough here. If he wants to see you again, which it sounds like he does... He will contact you when he's back..

Chill Homie.

I think the kissing comment was OK, it wouldn't weird me out. Then again, I love kissing as well.

OP, I am pretty sure this guy will contact you. Be patient.