Encounters of Online Dating

BroknHrt

Since June, I have had sex with 2 girls and been on dates with 6 girls from OKCupid and Tinder. Both girls I had sex with were from OKC and I did not go on dates with them. Of the 6 dates I went on, 4 of them ended after the 1st date (always because I was not interested), 1 of them went 2 dates(she became uninterested), and I have another 1st date tonight.

To have this success, I message on a continual basis. I find something interesting in their profile to talk about or try to come up with a joke or sometimes just call them cute. I have gotten 20+ numbers from online dating and am currently texting 4 girls at the same time. 1 of which I have the date with tonight and I’m still working on getting dates with the other 3.

I have also been talking to girls in my everyday (not-online) life. I have found that the number of girls I talk to and go on dates with online is much greater. However, the real life encounters I have had have lasted longer and have been more fulfilling. Although, I still haven’t found a girl I’d be down to be in a relationship with.

Considering how emotional of a wreck I was after no-contact began with my 3 year ex in March, I am happy to have figured out how to talk to women again.

Some suggestions and discoveries:

Never send a 2nd message.

Make sure your profile picture is of you not looking at the camera.

Have a picture with you and a few other girls

Don’t put out so much information in your profile.

Make it your goal to get their number, but only after a decent exchange of messages (5-10 each).

Once getting the number, make it your goal to get a date (the hardest part)

Be flirty, but not overly suggestive.

The hot bombshells online have been just out of my reach. I can never close due to being intimidated.

Don’t be overly needy or emotional.

DO NOT get too attached too fast.

The most important advice is don’t give up! It’s a numbers game and there are tons of girls online.

I’m not trolling, I’m here to help all of y’all who are struggling online. I’m by no means the greatest with women, so if I can have success online I am sure I can help y’all have success! Ask questions away.

Some suggestions and discoveries:

Make sure your profile picture is of you not looking at the camera.

Seems like you're doing well, so that's great, but I gotta say, I don't think that whether the person is or isn't looking at the camera is relevant. In fact, I'd personally recommend that making eye contact with the camera is better. My boyfriends OLD picture was a headshot of him smiling right at the camera, and I thought it was a cute picture.

Pictures with other girls is a risky choice. I can definitely backfire. To me it's a turn off because it's such an obvious attempt to say "women want me, you should too". I don't care what other women want. I will have my own opinion regardless of others.

The other points you listed seem to be reasonable

• Author

I see why some girls would like a front face pic, but OKC actually did a study and proved that guys who have their profile pic not looking at a camera get more responses.

I also noticed an uptick in responses once I put 1 picture on of me with 2 girls on it. Maybe this wasn't causation here but it seems to work.

• Like 1

Have a picture with you and a few other girls .

Almost every girl I've ever met hates that, and it has to be compensated for... I hate it, too.

I agree with all your little discoveries.

I never new about the rule about not looking into the camera, hahaha but I did that without knowing.

Pretty soon you'll realize that quality women is where its at.

Once you get enough experience, quality always rises to the top

I don't think that whether the person is or isn't looking at the camera is relevant. In fact, I'd personally recommend that making eye contact with the camera is better.

I had most success with a looking-away pic. The theory goes that women like to check out guys, but don't like to be seen checking them out. Although of course the computer can't see you, the natural instinct is still there. With a looking-away pic, women can check you out without being "seen".

But having some eye contact in the secondary pics is definitely essential, because once you decide you like him, it's nice to be looked at and smiled at!

I would never use a pic with other women. If you read the PUA stuff and are looking to get sex then maybe it would work, but I think this would put off many who are looking for a relationship.

Don’t put out so much information in your profile.

The important part of a profile is to make yourself attractive, interesting and exciting. Many guys just do the "I like X, I like Y" thing and fill it with cliches which is boring. Long profiles with a lot of information can work but you need to keep it interesting and exciting otherwise they will get bored. Again I think this depends on your goals, whether you're just trying to get laid or looking for a relationship.

Once getting the number, make it your goal to get a date (the hardest part)

I found this the easiest part. In fact almost every time I got a number, it turned into a real life meeting.

• Author

I found this the easiest part. In fact almost every time I got a number, it turned into a real life meeting.

Hmm, that's cool it works so easily for you. I've found that if I send out about 30 messages, I'll get about 10 replies. Of those 10, I'll get 3-4 numbers. And from those numbers I'll get about 1 meet up.

• Author
Almost every girl I've ever met hates that, and it has to be compensated for... I hate it, too.

It's weird that you hate it because I am getting so many more replies now that I have put in this one picture of me in the middle and a girl on my left and right on my profile.

It's a noticeable uptick in responses.