All that Facebook history of your g/f all gone?

irc333

Had a male friend recently break up with a woman. Mainly due to the fact she's turning 40, demand he buy her a house, get married, and have kids together all in one fell swoop. She's been putting the pressure on weekly on this poor soul after a year of dating and just recently went *at *hit crazy on him with the ultimatum.

Of course, all the trips they've taken on global trips together and just about every single pic of them are on Facebook the past year they've been together.

That being said, the question. When this happens to you, do you start removing all your Facebook pics of your sig. other?

I don't know about the Facebook part but your post stuck out because I know a couple that's going through the exact same thing. It seems like a delayed reaction or something, because usually ladies decide whether or not they'll have kids well before they approach 40.

Anyway, I personally would keep the picture, because it was something that happened and I usually never regret prictures that I take with anyone that I care about.

If someone asked me to remve them I might, other than that, I dont care much.

I usually dont put picture of me making out with anyone anyway.

so I might be different

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 2

I deleted her on facebook. I deleted every single picture that reminds me of her. I blocked her on facebook. I blocked her phone number.

I returned everything that was hers. I've found a few things from our relationship. I plan to mail it all back to her. Which include my birthday present, 2 cards she got me and so on.

I absolutely hate her. I also miss her a lot. As horrible as she was to me I still miss the good things. Would I date her again? Hell no. I don't think I can even respect her as a person.

Perhaps some day I'll forgive her. But that day will not come for a very long time. It took me 8 years to forgive one ex and form a friendship with her.

Yeah I'm bitter, yeah I'm hurt and yeah I'm angry. But if you knew what happened you'd understand.

• Like 2

Yes... delete, hid them from view, delete all posts too... erase them from your fb. You wouldn't want to scare off prospective dates with your entire dating history in their face would you?

Had a male friend recently break up with a woman. Mainly due to the fact she's turning 40, demand he buy her a house, get married, and have kids together all in one fell swoop. She's been putting the pressure on weekly on this poor soul after a year of dating and just recently went *at *hit crazy on him with the ultimatum.

Of course, all the trips they've taken on global trips together and just about every single pic of them are on Facebook the past year they've been together.

That being said, the question. When this happens to you, do you start removing all your Facebook pics of your sig. other?

That's why I don't use FB as an archive of my relationship(s) to begin with.

There was another thread on this, several in fact, where people felt it was weird not to put your relationship status or lots of pictures of you and your SO etc...whereas for me, this is exactly why I don't do it.

Breakups are hard enough, but to have to breakup in the "public eye", which is what social media is to an extent, is even more awkward. As see...either you will have people literally commenting and prying when your status changes or when pics disappear (or stay) they comment or like you're doing, take note then gossip about it. Heck, I know I do it too. So no thanks.

I've only had one boyfriend where we were tagged as in a relationship with each other and had a few photos up that other people tagged of us, and yes after we broke up I removed those tags esp since sometimes people would go through and like an old picture of you and the person and when you see it it's a painful reminder. What I find bizarre is those people where you can chronicle the last few years of their dating history in FB pictures where they have a current bf/gf but if you go through their FB you will see each "era" of them and the previous 4 exes still documented in pics for all to see...:confused:

Edited by MissBee
  • Like 1

I never remove my history. Maybe if there was a post specifically to be lovey, but that's not really my style. It would never occur to me to look back and delete it and why would I want to delete photos of my life?

I mean, if a new significant other asked me to, I would to appease their feelings but I'd secretly think that they worried about it was a little stupid.

organizedchaos

I don't remove the posting history bc I don't have that kind of time. But I remove all photos of the ex.

I look at it this way. You can download and save them. But put them away.

Would you keep photos of an ex up on display in your home? On the refrigerator? On the wall for a new lover or friends to see when they come over? No? Then why keep them up online for all to see?

• Like 2

One would be a Fool to keep all their pictures with their significant other on vacations, outings, holidays, etc on their Facebook page for people to see -- when they're Officially, Truly broken up.

It'd scare away new potential people to date -- it screams to friends "I'm not over them", etc., as it Does show they're not over them and don't want to let go.

Why do you want to see/have all those pictures??

• Like 2

I don't post pictures to Facebook and if I did, I wouldn't post pictures of my relationship, but if I did THAT, they would all be deleted very soon after the breakup. I would expect my girlfriend to do the same.

Edited to add: it would irritate the crap out of me if my girlfriend posted pictures of me on her Facebook. I highly respect her decision to keep her personal life private.

acrosstheuniverse

Personally as soon as I split from somebody I go through and delete all of the photos of them/us together. I don't bother with the wallposts/comments but as they're swiftly blocked anyway it doesn't bother me to see them (they're unclickable). I do the same on my phone. All messages, photos deleted. I find it a lot easier to move on from a relationship without constant reminders everywhere, and I find it especially creepy the idea that new people who come into my life as friends, workmates or dates who I add to facebook can trawl back through my own past relationship memories, trips, dates, presents and so forth. Those memories are for me and my ex alone, I rarely if ever visit them but I DEFINITELY don't want anyone else to see them because they are dead and buried.

I keep one or two photos of those people though, in a box somewhere, I didn't print them out post breakup, they were during the relationship. But I never threw them in the trash. As painful as the memories were at one point, they were a part of my life. It's interesting to look back when I come across them at how young I was myself, what else was going on at that part of my life, where I was at the time.

My current boyfriend has photos up of him and his ex on facebook, they don't bother me because they're a year or two or more old and there aren't loads, no sappy couple selfies just shots taken by other people. He has never thought to delete them, he says he doesn't really care enough to do so (but would if I wanted him to - I don't!). He doesn't have any physical photos on the other hand, of them. I can see that that is right for him. I don't think photos can be seen as a massive threat and you can't really expect people to get rid of their memories, although I get why some people don't want them displaying online. I have seen all of them early on but never think to look at them anymore because we're so happy together and the majority of our recent photos are us together!

I just don't go putting a dating relationship all over FB in the first place.

Apparently this is not well liked by those I have dated....so I discovered.

One guy I friended and dated for 7 months pinched a load of my old pics from my FB from when I was 30 something and kept them visible to the public 5 months after I ended it.

He got in a severe strop when I asked him to take them down.

Twit!:laugh:

• Like 1