Aesthetic vs sexual attraction

KittyVanilla

Hey guys... I haven't had much experience with relationships but I've been stumped for a while now. Is it possible to meet someone who's completely physically your type and yet not feel a burning lust or desire for them? You enjoy their body and sex with them is good, even great, but when you see them it doesn't feel like you want to rip their clothes off right then and there.

I'm in this situation right now with someone I like. He's really fit and tall and is my type, I love how he feels and looks but I don't feel like jumping his bones EVERY time. Lol. I've been trying to navigate this gray area with sexuality for a while... maybe I'm just not a very sexual person.

• Author
Maybe his pheromones are not a match for you.

I don't think so. I love how he smells and he loves how I smell. I just don't want sex with him every time I see him.

Hard to go off the information provided but my guess is you might be picking up on a lack of confidence on his part. As I'm sure you know, a women's attraction to a man is more than just physical, women do not place as high a value on appearance as men do. Your Limbic system is finding something off putting in his energy.

• Like 1

^ as said above,m I think your relationship is a little strange.

Women really likes guys personality and swagger, a lot more than they like looks.

It sounds to me from your post, that you just may not like the guy, and youre just using him as a human sex toy- which I am also fine with

• Like 1
I don't think so. I love how he smells and he loves how I smell. I just don't want sex with him every time I see him.

Honestly, it seems a bit odd to want to have sex with him every time you see him.

I was super attracted to my ex, but I didn't want to jump her bones every time she stepped inside my apartment.

It seems really difficult to maintain crazy animal lust for a person.

Why do you feel that you need have constant crazy passion?

• Author
Honestly, it seems a bit odd to want to have sex with him every time you see him.

I was super attracted to my ex, but I didn't want to jump her bones every time she stepped inside my apartment.

It seems really difficult to maintain crazy animal lust for a person.

Why do you feel that you need have constant crazy passion?

That's true, but I was just wondering. He's a very sexual person but also loves cuddling, affection and tenderness so I was wondering if a lack of 'animal passion' would be a cause for concern.

Do you generally want to jump other men you've been dating?

If not, then it's just something to do with your sexuality, not necessarily the attraction.

Like others have said, it's difficult to know what advice to give without more info.

• Like 1
That's true, but I was just wondering. He's a very sexual person but also loves cuddling, affection and tenderness so I was wondering if a lack of 'animal passion' would be a cause for concern.

Hah! He sounds just like me. I absolutely love cuddling, affection and constant touch. That's intimacy.

You are almost making is seem like it's a bad thing to just want intimacy and not to have sex all the time.

As much as I think it's great, I'd probably not be able to have sex ten times a day. That's what the non-sexual intimacy is for.

Coming from you, this is quite a shock!