Tell us your worst date ever

WhatIsLove2014

Two weeks ago when I got the guts to ask out a guy in a store just because he was cute I never just had guts to ask someone out, and then I ran into him again by accident prior to or date plans he spoke with such excitement talking about what wed do together come date day he didnt call or show up =/

But ill ask out a guy again in public **** it idc what have I got to lose.

• Like 1

Okay, I have a few gems for this threat. I'll toss one out now.

It was a second date with a lady I had met via OLD. The first date was pretty out of hand. Good chemistry, smart, pretty, sexy- topped off with some wild drunken monkey sex. Second date was in a high mountain town for OctoberFest. We drank beer, ate german food, watched a football game. I took her out to a very nice restaurant and had a great meal. Things were going swimmingly.

Somewhere in between the entree and dessert, the booze and the high altitude caught up with her. She went from charmingly tipsy to mean drunk. Like really mean. Mean to me, mean to the waiter, mean to the hostess on the way out of the restaurant. Full on "you're a ****er!" mean. Walking back to the hotel she wanted to go to another bar. I told her that that was a bad idea - which made her even more angry.

She ended up following me back to the hotel yelling at me the whole time. Every four letter word in the book. She was southern and usually proper so hearing that come out of her was a little like hearing a violin make the sound of a tuba. I finally got her back to the hotel and to bed. She ended up passing out next to the toilet. I saw her again the next morning but needless to say, that was our last date.

• Like 2

I've never had a really bad date... but the girls I dated? I KNOW they had bad dates with me. :D

One, for example, was a girl I went to high school with. She ended up being divorced, and a mother of 5. I ran into her at the grocery store when visiting my parents, and we exchanged numbers. I never thought anything would come of it. Her ex had the kids one weekend, she called me, and my girlfriend was busy that weekend (yeah, yeah, I know) , so I took her to my beach house. I shared the beach house with a few other people over the summer.

We had a great time. We danced and partied and she could drink like a fish, and she was totally into me. We went back to my place, and as she went to the bathroom. While she was in there, I rifled through the purse and found birth control pills! Bingo!

Half the night, unprotected! It was great.

So the next morning, we have one more quickie, and then we started talking. I confessed to looking through the purse, and she explained to me that she didn't have a purse, and she was not on any kind of birth control!

OH NO!

I freaked out, as you can imagine. She assured me everything would be ok, but I wasn't hearing it. I explained to her that I certainly didn't want to become the father of her 6th child, that it was a one weekend thing and that my girlfriend wouldn't want me to date her. She said "Your GIRLFRIEND? You never said you had a girlfriend!" We then proceeded to have a frank discussion about the finer points of single men dating women with 5 kids, and long story short, that was our last date. I kept in touch with her just long enough to find out she wasn't pregnant.

I haven't seen her at a reunion yet, and we've had 4 of them since that summer. No doubt she doesn't think too highly of me, but still, I can't help but think that I got lucky.

That was probably my worst date ever, and in the whole scheme of things, I'd say that's not too bad, considering how it came out... But her date? Oh, I can't imagine how badly I must have made her feel.

I'm sorry Meg.

• Like 1

Went for a walk with the dogs and stopped at a local pub for a drink. He got silly over the dogs making a real fuss over them and being stupid and didn't listen when I told him to stop... My dog tells me he was a fantastic snog. She went for it with the tongue... I know where hers has been so I was NOT going to be following her lead! At least he had clean teeth after...

On another my blind date stood me up. It was actually a fab night as a local football club was there and they took me under their wing. Had a fantastic evening with PLENTY of laughs.

Met another for a dog walk and got my bum stuck on a style... :eek:

On another I was convinced that the chap trying to woo me was a gay in denial and that he would be better suited to another chap...

Someone please tell me why I am even considering this again????

• Like 1
You may well have been too... pregnancy may well have been the least of your worries... Silly boy!

yes, I was a silly boy. I was 24, I think, so my anatomical brain had not yet finished developing. As usual, I was thinking with my secondary brain.

At the time, pregnancy seemed like it was my #1 concern. She was clearly not afraid to have babies.

I have a bunch lol

Met up last with a gorgeous young lady that was studying accounting at university. We decided to go to a nice steakhouse for dinner and get to know each other a little bit more. I picked up her at her place and the moment I gave her a hug she smelled like weed (remember its the first date) I have a few friends who do smoke up so it didn't bother me really that much.

We arrived at the steakhouse and its a brand new joint that just opened up. Its quite classy and its a full house that night. She decided to order a bottle of wine..this is were things got interesting! She knew I didn't drink wine and barely drank anything. We had dinner and she drank the whole bottle and was pretty much wasted. She started talking about her family and how her dad was in prison since he was caught dealing cocaine and her mom was also in trouble with the government with taxes and fraud. She was talking real loud and I other people could overheard her talking.

I then called it a night...she was sick beside the car in the parking lot. She was rambling a bunch of personal stuff about her life in the car. When I dropped her off she tried to kiss me and invite me in...

lets say I disappeared afterwards

• Like 1
She was clearly not afraid to have babies.

I can do nothing but roll my eyes (and secretly admit to myself that I have been there... hindsight and age eh...).

As for the style - I mean the things that allow one to pass over or through a fence on a public right of way (i.e) footpath and yet prevent livestock from escaping if some silly sod doesn't know how to close a gate. This particular one was in the shape of a V. You had to step through the V which normally isn't a problem but this one was set quite high up so I ended up having to jump to try and get through it... Needless to say I didn't jump high enough and got stuck by my bottom, legs dangling... I don't think it was very elegant to watch but must have been funny... he had longer legs so didn't have the same problem. We didn't see each other again. He was polite enough not to mention it... Nice chap but I figure if thats not funny what the heck would he laugh at so not a big deal but I still blush.

• Like 1

Well, this incident didn't occur on a date, but it was still very off-putting. For my senior design project at my university, we were assigned to work with a team composed of 3-4 people throughout the course of a year. Over time, one of my classmates started to show signs of interest, but for some reason, I felt like something was slightly off about him. One day when I was sitting next to him in class, I removed an itchy choker around my neck and set it on the desk. He stopped what he was doing, studied the choker for a moment, and then said, "You have a very small delicate neck...Perfect for someone to just squeeze their hands around..." As he said this, he raised and closed his hands in a strangling motion. He didn't crack a smile, laugh, or tell me he was joking. Needless to say, when he asked me on a date later on, I turned it down.

I can do nothing but roll my eyes (and secretly admit to myself that I have been there... hindsight and age eh...).

As for the style - I mean the things that allow one to pass over or through a fence on a public right of way (i.e) footpath and yet prevent livestock from escaping if some silly sod doesn't know how to close a gate. This particular one was in the shape of a V. You had to step through the V which normally isn't a problem but this one was set quite high up so I ended up having to jump to try and get through it... Needless to say I didn't jump high enough and got stuck by my bottom, legs dangling... I don't think it was very elegant to watch but must have been funny... he had longer legs so didn't have the same problem. We didn't see each other again. He was polite enough not to mention it... Nice chap but I figure if thats not funny what the heck would he laugh at so not a big deal but I still blush.

I clearly misunderstood what you meant by that. I was thinking that you had come up with a very original euphemism for something else.

EDIT: Ouch!

It was my 1st OLD date ever. He was good "on paper" & offered to meet for dinner since we would both be traveling an hour. We were in the same field but he was farther along owning his own business: I had just opened my shop. He said if the date part went wrong we could just talk business so it sounded OK.

He was 10 years older & 50 pounds heavier than his photo. He used a walker & had previously lied to me about his physical condition. He told me he sprained his ankle but it turned out he had MS. I don't know how you work MS into the conversation but lying was a problem. He reeked of cigarette smoke. He told me he didn't drink but had 2 martinis while we were waiting for our table & another 2 with dinner. During dinner he told me about his 300 1st dates including some woman who was sitting on his lap, making out with him & grinding on him. As I was driving him back to the train station because it was raining, he told me he wanted to consummate his marriage, lose his virginity & impregnate his wife all in the same act. I wished him luck with that goal, assured him I wasn't the woman for him & got the heck out of there.

He pursued me for another 2 weeks, despite me repeatedly telling him that I wasn't interested until I threatened legal action.

• Like 2
I clearly misunderstood what you meant by that. I was thinking that you had come up with a very original euphemism for something else.

I am the definition of innocence... ;)

No really I am... :D

He was 10 years older & 50 pounds heavier than his photo. He used a walker & had previously lied to me about his physical condition. He told me he sprained his ankle but it turned out he had MS. I don't know how you work MS into the conversation but lying was a problem. He reeked of cigarette smoke. He told me he didn't drink but had 2 martinis while we were waiting for our table & another 2 with dinner. During dinner he told me about his 300 1st dates including some woman who was sitting on his lap, making out with him & grinding on him. As I was driving him back to the train station because it was raining, he told me he wanted to consummate his marriage, lose his virginity & impregnate his wife all in the same act. I wished him luck with that goal, assured him I wasn't the woman for him & got the heck out of there.

I take mine back - you beet me hands down!

• Like 1

-- we would both be traveling an hour.

-- He was 10 years older

-- 50 pounds heavier than his photo.

-- He used a walker

-- He told me he sprained his ankle but it turned out he had MS.

-- He reeked of cigarette smoke.

-- He told me he didn't drink but had 2 martinis & another 2 with dinner.

-- told me about his 300 1st dates

-- including who was sitting on his lap, making out with him & grinding on him.

-- I was driving him back to the train station

-- he told me he wanted to consummate his marriage,

-- lose his virginity

-- impregnate his wife all in the same act.

but it was the LYING that was the problem.

You're a saint.

but it was the LYING that was the problem.

You're a saint.

No the whole thing was the problem. If the only thing that went wrong was the walker/MS I still would have been upset that rather than remain silent on the subject before hand he made up a story. I'd like to think that if had otherwise been a good guy -- the guy he seemed like "on paper" -- I could have worked through the illness challenges. I'm no saint.

Surprisingly, I don't have hardly any that spring to mind. I have a whole LOT of crazy stories from past experiences but bad dates?? Umm...well, just one...this guy who really liked me, asked if I would be his date for a reception/dinner thing after a wedding. It was at one of his relatives' houses. Anyway, I go and it was so awkward! I'm a social person, smiley and very polite but none of his family spoke to me. They all just gave me sort of a dirty look. I remember thinking "WTH?" and feeling so anxious to leave and was very happy when we finally did. On the drive back, the guy told me he loved me while driving me home...ugh, it was bad. He had only known me and been hanging out with me for so long. It was way too soon to say he loved me. It was just ludicrous to me! I did not feel the same so then I had to be honest with him. It was not the best date I ever had, for sure.

I've been on a couple of dates where the guy did not open doors for me and walked in front of me...those I consider to be "bad" dates. It's just ungentlemanly to me and a bit of a turn off for me as well.

No the whole thing was the problem. If the only thing that went wrong was the walker/MS I still would have been upset that rather than remain silent on the subject before hand he made up a story. I'd like to think that if had otherwise been a good guy -- the guy he seemed like "on paper" -- I could have worked through the illness challenges. I'm no saint.

No really - I am considering writing to the pope about you...

I think your ending of consummation/ impregnation on the marital night did it for me... not sure as there was just a bit too much that was... why did you go out with this guy again?

I'm no saint.
Regardless, you're AOK in my book. I "get" you about 80% of the time. I agree with about 80% of that.

Not bad for two strangers.

And for the record, that does sound like a date from hell. So far, you're in the lead, which is a dubious place to be.

• Like 1
No really - I am considering writing to the pope about you...

I think your ending of consummation/ impregnation on the marital night did it for me... not sure as there was just a bit too much that was... why did you go out with this guy again?

I didn't. It was one bad date. At the end of the meal when he got up to go the bathroom, the next table asked me if I was OK. I just paid the check because I didn't want to delay leaving.

He wasn't a bad person. He was just a bad date. Saddest part was he didn't even understand what he was doing wrong but at that point in time it wasn't my place to educate him.

I finally agreed to go on a date with a guy I had been friends with for a few years. He had been into me, but I wasn't very attracted to him, I'll admit...but after hanging out as friends for a while and seeing that he was truly a good guy, I decided to give him a chance.

Things started okay. Dinner was fine. We walked downtown afterward to a bar/lounge. Once he started drinking, his inhibition left him. He started going on about how awesome I was...getting louder and louder. Then, he got angry. At this point, his phone rang and I heard a girl on the other end, chewing him out. Apparently he'd been seeing someone, and she was under the impression that it was exclusive. He stepped away and I heard him curse her out a bit and told me to "not worry about" when he came back. He continued drinking...and kept getting louder and more angry. He threw some scenarios in there, like "if we were married..." I told him he needed to stop drinking and we had to go. He had driven. I drove his car back to his house where mine was. He actually tried to kiss me before I left! I got out of there so fast I accidentally left my cell phone in his car. I was so disgusted with his behavior and told him so afterward... I declined to retrieve my phone and just opted to get a new one. I really had no interest in seeing him again.

He was so ashamed after that night. I forgave him and it took many months of remorse on his end for me to pick up a friendship with him again.

I didn't. It was one bad date. At the end of the meal when he got up to go the bathroom, the next table asked me if I was OK. I just paid the check because I didn't want to delay leaving.

He wasn't a bad person. He was just a bad date. Saddest part was he didn't even understand what he was doing wrong but at that point in time it wasn't my place to educate him.

Sorry that probably would have read better if I rephrased... so tell me again why did you go on that date??

You really are a saint... I dont think I could have been so polite. Poor you... your still winning for worst date...

Did he not think you might notice all the little fibs? I use the word little in a lose way... You are by far the better woman. I bow down to you!!

Never a worst date ever, just a few from OLDing where they showed up and I didn't fully recognize them because their pictures were out of date. I stress that on my profile now, at least when it was up. I do a pretty good job of recognizing flags in a written profile, so I haven't had any real horrible ones to speak. The stories though that some of these women tell me about their OL dates can be pretty hilarious and I can't believe they are true but they are.