Should I forget about this girl?

Momentum

So there is a girl I like in school, she often smiles when I salute her etc, so I decided to tell her a poem (which I have written) which praises her Beaty. So I waited for her near the exit of the school (and there was a bunch of people) and she was with a friend(a girl) and then I called her attention and knelt in front of her, starting the poem, her friend immediately started laughing and the girl too, and after 2-3 lines of the poem she laughed and said thanks (before a finished the poem) and left with her friend. Now, what does that mean? She doesn't like me? Or she was embarrassed? Should I forget about her? I shall appreciate any help.

Yes. You should definitely forget about her. And as much as I know your intentions were good, never, ever, ever, ever, ever do that again.

• Like 1
  • Author
Yes. You should definitely forget about her. And as much as I know your intentions were good, never, ever, ever, ever, ever do that again.

Thanks, appreciate your help.

I am terribly sorry Momentum, but I too laughed when I read your post. I mean.. sheesh :D :D

And kneeling too?

Was it in a faux-jacobean diction? "A Sonnet praising thy beauty"?

Next time you consider doing something like this, think of James Bond... would he do this? No, he wouldn't.

:D

(I hope your not trolling, I'd like this to be true :D )

• Author
I am terribly sorry Momentum, but I too laughed when I read your post. I mean.. sheesh :D :D

And kneeling too?

Was it in a faux-jacobean diction? "A Sonnet praising thy beauty"?

Next time you consider doing something like this, think of James Bond... would he do this? No, he wouldn't.

:D

(I hope your not trolling, I'd like this to be true :D )

I'm serious( but since I see her very rarely, I just decided to take a shot. Anyway, I don't care, don't care what other people are thinking about me, and **** that bitch.

Oh you poor thing.

While the idea of a grand romantic gesture is very sweet, as you learned the hard way it rarely turns out well. Yes, you embarrassed her. It was waaaaaayyyyy over the top & backfired. Save stuff like that for your romantic comedy screen play or at least private settings after you have been dating for a while.

If you hope to salvage this, apologize for making a spectacle. Don't say anything else. Just apologize & walk away. Go back to smiling & saying hi. In a few weeks, if her behavior toward you has returned to normal, privately ask her on a date to a movie or a school dance. Just ask. No poems, no bended knee . . . just a Q. If she turns you down, back off & forget her.

Momentum - I really don't think you are going to get this gal... This is a bit over the top and probably embarrassed her.

However, thank you for putting a whooping great smile on my face!

Be happy, carry on, you are clearly a very unique and inspired individual who will always stand out from the crowd! I think the lass that falls for you is going to really be someone very special and crazy and fun. I have a feeling that you have a life full of joy and happiness ahead of you.

*Unlike most of us who are now a bit "jaded"*

P.S. most of James Bonds girlfriends ended up dead... I suspect yours will end up laughing and smiling more than most. That can never be a bad thing... :cool:

It's great when your are confident, but there's no need to be disrespecting her.

It's great if you don't let other people to sway you... we are just saying some strategies are better than others.

Cheerio!

• Author
It's great when your are confident, but there's no need to be disrespecting her.

Cheerio!

And I didn't. What I meant is that I just gonna move on and forget her.

• Author

BTW I forgot to mention that I had already introduced my self to her while we were in a bus. I sat next to her and we talked about our interests, and since we have aLOT in common ( as I discovered in our 40 minutes conversation in the bus( the trip was long)) I decided after a while of idle texting between us to try this.

That's hilarious and crazy - OP you had me cracking up. I wish I had the balls to do stuff like that...

Anyway, maybe not forget about the girl but tone it down for a while. I doubt she'll forget about you in a hurry so there's that at least.

• Author
Momentum - I really don't think you are going to get this gal... This is a bit over the top and probably embarrassed her.

However, thank you for putting a whooping great smile on my face!

Be happy, carry on, you are clearly a very unique and inspired individual who will always stand out from the crowd! I think the lass that falls for you is going to really be someone very special and crazy and fun. I have a feeling that you have a life full of joy and happiness ahead of you.

*Unlike most of us who are now a bit "jaded"*

P.S. most of James Bonds girlfriends ended up dead... I suspect yours will end up laughing and smiling more than most. That can never be a bad thing... :cool:

And

Oh you poor thing.

While the idea of a grand romantic gesture is very sweet, as you learned the hard way it rarely turns out well. Yes, you embarrassed her. It was waaaaaayyyyy over the top & backfired. Save stuff like that for your romantic comedy screen play or at least private settings after you have been dating for a while.

If you hope to salvage this, apologize for making a spectacle. Don't say anything else. Just apologize & walk away. Go back to smiling & saying hi. In a few weeks, if her behavior toward you has returned to normal, privately ask her on a date to a movie or a school dance. Just ask. No poems, no bended knee . . . just a Q. If she turns you down, back off & forget her.

But guys, I thought girls love to be serenaded, praised by a poem publicly etc. Since when this became over the top?

But guys, I thought girls love to be serenaded, praised by a poem publicly etc. Since when this became over the top?

It was always over the top. It's why it works in the movies.

Teenaged girls who are still in high school don't like having that much attention drawn to them. It's safe to be in the middle of the pack rather than to stand out.

• Author

Teenaged girls who are still in high school don't like having that much attention drawn to them. It's safe to be in the middle of the pack rather than to stand out.

But if you do nothing but talk with her, so that we can better know each other, it turns out that I'm in her friend zone. Therefore I decided to do something crazy). What would you have done instead ?

Probably a good 300-400 years ago.

• Like 1
But if you do nothing but talk with her, so that we can better know each other, it turns out that I'm in her friend zone. Therefore I decided to do something crazy). What would you have done instead ?

Maybe given her the poem in a sealed envelope to read later.

Momentum-

That stuff does work....in movies. Girls love to pretend that they would love a guy to do something like that for them, something crazy and romantic and beautiful. But that's just their fantasy. In reality, it creeps them out.....unless you are the most amazing looking guy in the school and the girl is a 5 or lower. Then that stunt might fly.

But in general, yeah....don't so that.

Now, once you're in a relationship with a girl, and ONCE IN A WHILE you want to do something over the top, then by all means, go for it. But until then, less is more. Play it cool. Be a little mysterious. Be a little aloof.

None of this Rapunzel/Cinderella nonsense.

I don't need to add to this.

Except to say don't stop being you. One day you will meet a girl who is a complete and utter nutter who will love all this stuff and the pair of you will be giggling long into your 80's.

I am a nutter but not to this extreme and I tend to only show my nuttiness in private (just in case).

It will be fine. She knows you obviously like her now, all you need to do is remain your lovely self and keep smiling. I would suggest that you give her a bit of space and refrain from making any other "bold" moves though! Just don't stop smiling. She can take this as a joke or as a romantic gesture either way is fine just don't push it. Leave it be now ;)

I don't need to add to this.

Except to say don't stop being you. One day you will meet a girl who is a complete and utter nutter who will love all this stuff and the pair of you will be giggling long into your 80's.

I am a nutter but not to this extreme and I tend to only show my nuttiness in private (just in case).

It will be fine. She knows you obviously like her now, all you need to do is remain your lovely self and keep smiling. I would suggest that you give her a bit of space and refrain from making any other "bold" moves though! Just don't stop smiling. She can take this as a joke or as a romantic gesture either way is fine just don't push it. Leave it be now ;)

This is correct.

She walks in beauty, like the night,

This girl I'd rather **** than fight.

So for her, I recited my poem.

Her response? LEAVE ME ALONE!

Alas, our love is like a shooting star.

Here but moment, I didn't get far.

And this is truly a lesson learned.

Don't write poems for strangers, 'cause you'll get spurned.

- by mightycpa

You've heard of too little, too late? You were too much, too soon.

Edited by mightycpa

OP you're crazy! Lol although I'm also going to go straight up to my crush and tell her I'm crushing on her I'll do that when she's alone, never with friends

She walks in beauty, like the night,

This girl I'd rather **** than fight.

So for her, I recited my poem.

Her response? LEAVE ME ALONE!

Alas, our love is like a shooting star.

Here but moment, I didn't get far.

And this is truly a lesson learned.

Don't write poems for strangers, 'cause you'll get spurned.

- by mightycpa

You've heard of too little, too late? You were too much, too soon.[/quote

Last bit of advice is do not let cpa advise you on romantic poetry... next he will be reciting about a woman from Dorset who had trouble with her corset...

• Like 1
Last bit of advice is do not let cpa advise you on romantic poetry... next he will be reciting about a woman from Dorset who had trouble with her corset...

There once was a girl named Toodaloo

About her worst date, I did misconstrue.

She wasn't buggered, I got that part wrong.

She got stuck in a fence, her legs aren't that long.

So, here, my dear. This poem's for you.

Last one, I promise.