Just another guy in the friendzone......

turnerik

I'm so crazy for this girl and I hate it. We hung out all weekend.

On Friday we went to a baseball game together, she got super drunk and I'm at the bar in the ball park and everyone asked if we were dating. She would always say no, he's my best friend. It cut me deep,every time she would say that. I know we are not together, but it still hurts Then the bartender started telling this woman I was with that I'm more interested in a relationship then being friends. She kept asking me if that was true, but I didn't want to say anything to ruin the rest of the weekend. Then this drunk guy comes over and starts talking to us. He then learns of my predicament and just goes off on her. He tells her basically exactly how I'm feeling, and then tells me I should just leave her and never talk to her again. It was just amazing how he would say exactly the thing I'm too much of a to say.

I then drop her off and her car and we both drive to our own places. The next morning I pick her up and we go to Chicago for a concert. On the drive down she kept asking what was that guys problem, and why he kept acting like that, I once again couldn't say how he was saying exactly how I felt because we didn't go to the concert. At the concert we had a great time.

On the way home we really didn't talk about anything important and I was kinda hoping she would of brought up Friday night. I was planning on pouring my heart out but I couldn't find the right time.

I get so excited to hangout with this woman, and just feel like complete after we are done. It's horrible, I give myself false hope,that maybe something will change, but it never does. I feel like just packing up all my stuff and just moving that way I can stop putting myself thru this. I'm not sure if she knows how I feel. I told her a little bit, but she was drinking, and don't think she knew what I was saying.

We only hangout like every 3 months but it's never just getting together, we always have to be doing something(concerts, sports) etc. I don't think she is using me because she ends up paying for most of her stuff she buys.

I just want the pain to stop, I keep telling myself her smile is worth the pain, and then another part of me says just tell her how you feel and tell her if she feels the same, call me, if not, I can't handle the pain anymore.

If you are only meeting every three months or so, that sounds like a friendship. Who initiates these meetings? If it is you and you don't push for more meetings, then it sounds like you are not showing her you want her as more than a friend. If she is initiating meetings, then who knows what the possibilities are?

If you are only meeting every three months, then what have you got to lose by telling her you are interested in her as more than a friend? You hardly see her anyway.

You're either are going to have to accept this woman's friendship or go for it. What I mean by going for it is at least kissing her but I get the feeling that she is not feeling you like that.

Do not go and confess your undying love for her. That will turn into a catastrophe. It would be better to speak with action.

• Like 3

If you don't want to be in the friendzone, then stop being a friend. Make out with her.

Being in the friendzone and being a chicken go hand in hand.

I don't do the friendzone. Its stupid and degrading.

• Like 1

You have an option... You can see her again and pursue other options and keep her as a friend, or you can not see her again and pursue other options and not keep her as a friend. You're not going to win here, she doesn't feel that way about you and it ain't gonna change.

• Like 2
I'm so crazy for this girl and I hate it. We hung out all weekend.

On Friday we went to a baseball game together, she got super drunk and I'm at the bar in the ball park and everyone asked if we were dating. She would always say no, he's my best friend. It cut me deep,every time she would say that. I know we are not together, but it still hurts Then the bartender started telling this woman I was with that I'm more interested in a relationship then being friends. She kept asking me if that was true, but I didn't want to say anything to ruin the rest of the weekend. Then this drunk guy comes over and starts talking to us. He then learns of my predicament and just goes off on her. He tells her basically exactly how I'm feeling, and then tells me I should just leave her and never talk to her again. It was just amazing how he would say exactly the thing I'm too much of a to say.

I then drop her off and her car and we both drive to our own places. The next morning I pick her up and we go to Chicago for a concert. On the drive down she kept asking what was that guys problem, and why he kept acting like that, I once again couldn't say how he was saying exactly how I felt because we didn't go to the concert. At the concert we had a great time.

On the way home we really didn't talk about anything important and I was kinda hoping she would of brought up Friday night. I was planning on pouring my heart out but I couldn't find the right time.

I get so excited to hangout with this woman, and just feel like complete after we are done. It's horrible, I give myself false hope,that maybe something will change, but it never does. I feel like just packing up all my stuff and just moving that way I can stop putting myself thru this. I'm not sure if she knows how I feel. I told her a little bit, but she was drinking, and don't think she knew what I was saying.

We only hangout like every 3 months but it's never just getting together, we always have to be doing something(concerts, sports) etc. I don't think she is using me because she ends up paying for most of her stuff she buys.

I just want the pain to stop, I keep telling myself her smile is worth the pain, and then another part of me says just tell her how you feel and tell her if she feels the same, call me, if not, I can't handle the pain anymore.

I feel your pain my "friend"

Friend zone level 9000 is no joke

In all seriousness, you have to cut contact. You're not this woman's manservant/butler/activity companion. You could play these roles but you know and I know that's not what you want.

If you go cold on her and she starts initiating contact with you and showing signs of interest, you have a shot at starting a relationship. If she simply disappears, move on. Have some self-respect. You're a man, not a puppy dog wagging your tail and following this chick around with no hope of ever getting laid

The friend zone is kind of like a black hole. There is a point where you get so close to it that there is just no return and once you're in it you're screwed.

I hate to break it to you. But she's never going to care for you in the way you care for her. That shipped sailed a long time ago. You and I both know it.

Now it's time to cut ties and get her off that pedestal you have her on. There are tons of women out there. More attractive women, women that you have more in common with, women you will have more fun with, and women that will actually return your feelings.

I know you think being her friend is better than nothing, but it isn't. Not at all. And if you don't cut ties you'll never get over her.

What I really want to happen is for this girl to get a Boyfriend to utterly crush OPs heart, because, he's doing the most foolish thing.

Girl dont like puppy-dogs, they may think that they're cute to play and hang out with, but they dont make love to them, they dont feel safe around them, and they dont respect their honest opinion.

I suggest that the puppy runs away for about 4-5 months, and comes back into the woman's life as a man

• Author

So we are meeting today so she can get all the stuff she left in my car from this past weekend. Should I just go "you know why all those guys said that stuff to you on Friday night?" Then just grab her and kiss her and tell her because it's exactly how I feel and I've been too much of a pussy to say it to you?" Or do something else. This pain has got to go away, and I'm not sure I know how to make it go away.

OP when I was in my early 20s I was in your predicament many a time.

The girl friendzoned you and is using you for company. The dudes in the bar coming up and spelling it out for her shows its painfully obvious to everyone and should be to her what you want from her.

You need to break it off. This girl will just trash you like the selfish b**tch she is. A few times when I woke up from the dream and kicked the girl out of my house they were mystified and confused as to what was happening, but everyone else around COMPLETETLY UNDERSTOOD.

She is locked in her own mind thinking that the world is her oyster and that you are her b**tch.

Sad to say, you will never convert this woman to your girlfriend. She is using you for an ego boost. Ditch her.

If you don't want to be in the friendzone, then stop being a friend. Make out with her.

Being in the friendzone and being a chicken go hand in hand.

I don't do the friendzone. Its stupid and degrading.

Yes or take this guys advice.

Next time your out with her, before you even go anywhere grab her and kiss her full on with tongue.

If she says ewww gross then leave her at the curb. If she likes it then actually go to the destination.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well we didn't meet up, I had to work late. Now I can tell the rest of the story. We met in college, her first semester was my last. Ready for the big kicker.... She's a 36 year old woman, who has 3 kids and just got divorced. And me...... I'm 21. I'm honestly not looking for a quick lay. I'm really interested in a relationship. I feel no romantic interest in her best friend who I talk to even more than this woman. I know there is probably no way it could work out, but I've come to the conclusion that logic doesn't matter when it comes to the feelings of the heart.