Stops Talking or Barely Talking

disneygogetter

disneygogetter

If the person your getting to know and have gone on a date or a couple of dates stops talking to you for a day or a few days does this mean they're no longer interested in you?

To me if the person I am interested in texts me once throughout the whole day then doesn't talk to me until the following day with again only 1 text or phone call, to me I feel like this is telling me they're not interested.

Or am I over thinking this?

Could be lack of interest; could be wanting to not overwhelm you and seem overly interested; could be different communication styles which could be an issue as much as lack of interest. Too little information to tell yet.

Are your messages responded to with enthusiasm?

• Like 2

Agreed. We don't know enough. What else is going on besides that?

Some people are not big texters/communicators. This is my only slight problem with the guy I'm seeing now, he's communicating a bit less than I'd like, but that's just who he is, is not because he doesn't like me. I'm not a texter either, so I can adjust to that, but if for you is hard to go on with non-daily/hourly etc communication, it could be a deal breaker.

If the person your getting to know and have gone on a date or a couple of dates stops talking to you for a day or a few days does this mean they're no longer interested in you?.

I hate to say it, DGG, but I think it probably means that you took them to the wrong place on your date. :o

It means their interest is low at best. It means you are not top priority.

You can always tell how interested someone is by how much leverage and say you have in that relationship. The less you are able to get someone to give into you.. the less they like you.

• Like 1

My experience is that men's communication styles can vary greatly. This is one of the hardest things for me to remember. Just because the last guy texted me daily and the new guy calls but only every couple of days it doesn't mean one has higher interest than the other.

I try to fall back to the #1 way to tell - if they ask you out consistently they are interested. Everything else will make your head spin as you try to figure out what this text or lack of call meant.

• Like 1

Don't be such a text-needy dude. Chill out and be confident. Just use the text or call to set up the next date. Not for anything else. CONFIDENCE.

• Like 1
Don't be such a text-needy dude. Chill out and be confident. Just use the text or call to set up the next date. Not for anything else. CONFIDENCE.

OP...this, and the fact that women tell each other NOT to respond to a text by a guy immediately. It's part of the head game / drama most like to indulge in, and to be honest it's petty and childish.

You can beat her at that game though, and she might get round to dropping that attitude. I have done it to women, and continue to do it. Actuary one just text'd me now saying "did I lose you" :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Holy ****! OP, are you a man? No offense, but I have always thought you were a woman.

Originally Posted by deathandtaxes viewpost.gif

OP...this, and the fact that women tell each other NOT to respond to a text by a guy immediately. It's part of the head game / drama most like to indulge in, and to be honest it's petty and childish.

You can beat her at that game though, and she might get round to dropping that attitude. I have done it to women, and continue to do it. Actuary one just text'd me now saying "did I lose you" :rolleyes:

• Like 1

She's a she

I had to scroll down a page of "partners", "persons" and "people" to get to some clarification

Reminds me of the "Pat" skits from SNL

To the OP:

You are over thinking

I recommend a steady regimen of under thinking to correct this imbalance.

• Like 1
  • Author
disneygogetter

Well I am noticing a new pattern of chatting. He use to text me between 1-3PM now its later like 5PM or later. Do you think since its later in the day/evening/night time its a bad thing because we're only talking for a few hours and not all day?

To the OP:

You are over thinking

I recommend a steady regimen of under thinking to correct this imbalance.

I'm afraid it may have been a steady diet of underthinking that has led to this particular strain of overthinking.

• Like 1

People communicate differently. Some more than others.

It's also no secret that men are less social/chatty than women.

In fact, sometimes we simply can't keep up with the other person's communication pattern.

The girls that texted non-stop are the girls I was least interested in. Not because they weren't good girls, it's just that it was hard work having to keep up with them. How people second texts nonstop is beyond me.

So in the end, I don't think it is lack of interest. As someone else said, if they continue to go out on dates with you, that means they're interested. Don't let their texting style dictate their interest level.

• Like 1