Does He Like Me or Is He Just Looking For a Rebound?

missk803

Guy friend approached me saying he wanted to see where things would go with us and we've been doing a lot of flirting and talking since that day. As we've talked, the more and more I liked him and noticed we had so much in common. One thing that kind of made me think though, was the fact that he said him and his ex had recently broken up because she thought they should take a break. It made me think that maybe they'll get back together or something but I figured I wouldn't worry about it too much because he seems to be so into me. Well, things were going great up until today.... I confessed to him that I really liked him and he said he felt the same about me. He then pretty much asked what I wanted to do about it and I asked what he wanted... He then pretty much told me he wasn't looking to rush into another relationship when he just recently got out of one and that he didn't know what he wanted. I'm just really confused (and bummed) now because I really like him but he obviously still isn't ready to start a new relationship...then why did he contact me with wanting to try things out to begin with???? I understand wanting to wait before you start a new relationship but why say all these things about how you've always like me, etc..when you know you don't want to pursue a relationship at that time? Now, I feel like maybe he just wanted me for a rebound or fling..that's the only reason I could think of for why he would go through this much trouble with me and I've been single too long to just sit and wait until HE'S ready to date again so I'll pretty much be going back to getting to know other guys in the meantime. Am I right for feeling the way I do or am I just over thinking things?

I think he likes you, he tested the waters, and is now confused about how to handle the situation given he is on the rebound.

Potential is that he likes you enough to realise getting involved now is a bad idea, but only realised that after he talked to you about it.

Continue meeting other guys in the meantime and see what happens. Don't try and force it with this guy as nothing good ever comes from that.

• Like 3

OP, You and I know that youre not going to leave him.

He gave you the chance to define the relationship on your terms and then you basically gave it up.

So my advice to you is that you tell him that you want to be exclusive the next time you guys are making out

• Author

Did you mean to write this to me or did you mistake this post for someone else's? Because your advice doesn't even really match what I stated above. To be clear though, We have NEVER slept together or even kissed..just talked on the phone mainly because he lives an hour away from me.

OP, You and I know that youre not going to leave him.

He gave you the chance to define the relationship on your terms and then you basically gave it up.

So my advice to you is that you tell him that you want to be exclusive the next time you guys are making out

If his gf broke up with him, then you might just be a rebound cuz he's not over her...

I think the key here is "who" made the break up cuz whomever does the break-up had time to grieve and get over the other person before they actually announce the break-up.

The guy you are seeing wasn't the dumper, so, he's still grieving.

Guy friend approached me saying he wanted to see where things would go with us and we've been doing a lot of flirting and talking since that day.

Why did he approach you if he wasn't ready to date you? Not very caring or responsible.

He then pretty much told me he wasn't looking to rush into another relationship when he just recently got out of one and that he didn't know what he wanted.

Weak. He approaches, then pussyfoots around. Not an attractive quality in a man.

I'm just really confused (and bummed) now

I can see why. He's behaved like a moody teenager, not a responsible man.

why say all these things about how you've always like me, etc..when you know you don't want to pursue a relationship at that time?

Ego boost after a breakup. Being careless with your feelings to scratch his own emotional itch. Loser move, IMO.

Am I right for feeling the way I do or am I just over thinking things?

I'd drop this lame-o like a hot potato.

• Author

Thank you everyone who made a reply. Come to find out, he's nothing but a sneaky, lying, jerk who was only looking to get in my pants. I found out not only does he still have a girlfriend but they also live together. He totally denied it all and tried to make me look like a fool. Kind of changed the little bit of faith I had left in ever meeting someone but oh well..

Don't let one loser turn you off from real love. That would be giving this bum WAY too much power in your life.

• Like 1