hot and cold. interested or not?

chstr

greetings,

this is my 2nd thread and i must say, this site may have been a useful part of my life.

i've been out of a 5-year relationship with a girl who is experiencing the grass is greener syndrome. during my early days with this girl, i went out with another girl. i got introduced to her family and i was overwhelmed with guilt. i confessed, she cried. end of story.

after 5 years, i met with the girl. she seemed cold during our conversations online but in person, i guess she is still fond of me as i am with her. we talked over coffee and i found out that she is dealing with a breakup as well.

we talked about the past, where we left off. she jokingly mentioned that i made her cry and all that. i sincerely apologized about it. we spent about 2 hours just chatting. as we parted ways, before giving her a kiss on the cheek, she accidentaly said 'see you soon'.

we communicated a day after but she seemed cold and distant. 2 wleeks have passed and her replies to some of my messages within 6 hours. i noticed on her facebook page that she really converses that way but im still confused.

she doesn't answer my messages immediately and when she doesn't answer back, she tries to get attention through her fb page. i find it lame and predictable.

i asked her out twice but she flaked. im about to ask her out for the last time this weekend. im very confused if it's a test or she knows im just convenient since i am currently unemployed and waiting for graduation. she only gives a quick reply when i ask her out.

is she interested or just keeping me on the hook? any insight would be appreciated.

i asked her out twice but she flaked. im about to ask her out for the last time this weekend.

Unless she gave a damn good reason for flaking the first time, I wouldn't even have given her a 2nd. Let alone a 3rd. But hey if you enjoy smacking your head against brick walls, go for it!

• Like 2
  • Author
What did you confess??

Whose idea was it to meet? You went 5 years without seeing this girl after you confessed?

it was my idea but she lead me on. she said that she was at this mall and just waiting for her job interview. i didn't ask where she was, or if she wanted to meet till she mentioned that. yes, i went 5 years without seeing her.

• Author
Unless she gave a damn good reason for flaking the first time, I wouldn't even have given her a 2nd. Let alone a 3rd. But hey if you enjoy smacking your head against brick walls, go for it!

a relative died during the 1st. the 2nd time, she was honest. she was available but too tired. so am i about the smack my head on brick walls? :) thanks for being blunt by the way.

If she was interested, she wouldn't have been too tired. And if she really was too tired she would have suggested an alternate date. "I'm too tired to come out with you tonight but how about tomorrow at 8pm are you free?"

Yes I think you're about to smack your head against a brick wall but there's only one way to find out for sure...

• Like 1

Some basic principles when it comes to dating...

HOT & COLD - person isn't 100% into you. They like you as an option but not enough to commit to you. Most times they hold onto you until someone they like better comes along. They're cold when a new prospect is in the picture; they're hot when you're the only option.

Flaking - when someone flakes on you, that means they got something else going on. It also means they do not respect you.

Best way to handle people like this:

1) Ignore them. Do not give them time of day if they contact you.

2) Turn the tables. Give them a taste of their own medicine. If a woman is suddenly hot for you, let her believe you're into her, then drop her.

it was my idea but she lead me on. she said that she was at this mall and just waiting for her job interview. i didn't ask where she was, or if she wanted to meet till she mentioned that. yes, i went 5 years without seeing her.

So she cancelled. she did not flake.

Flake is when someone cancels at the last minute with no reason.

Anyway You seem to be pressureing her too much.

Watching her facebook and all that, back off for a little bit