She said it's impossible but i'm not sure. (Updated)

slinky71

Hello people. I recently found this board and i have a problem i think you might help. There is this girl we've been on a together in a friend-ish way. At first she was paying attention to me and i was like 'meh, okay' and i did nothing to escalate it. We occasionally talked when we run into each other, and then it turned out that we have really similar tastes and passions in life. So it became something like going out to movies together, having lunches and coffees, it's like, when we dated, we had spent 5-6 hours without getting bored.

I thought she liked me and i grow to like her. I thought that she was dropping both sexual hints and hints that we should be together, but i wasnt responding well i guess. I was in another city for a month, hooking up with other women but i always thought like 'yeah i may have something meaningful and beautiful when i get back home', i was thinking about her time to time. So when i got back, i just told her how i felt after a long date. She seemed surprised and she was smiling, and said she's just shocked and cant answer right there and then. So i gave her time. And i waited, waited and waited, and we texted a couple times and after all this crap, i just said her online that i want an answer, why she didnt answer i felt bad about it and bla bla bla.

She said it's IMPOSSIBLE for her to see me that way and she cared me about really much but NEVER in that way. And she said 'sometimes you see a person that way and sometimes you just don't'. And i said, okay then, let's be friends. And she invited me for coffee with a mutual friend who is a dude. I read one member of this site's experience which is similar to mine, and he happened to be with the girl after doing stuff like pulling back. What should i do? I really like her and i can really see us as a couple, but i don't intend to pursue her too much because i lived through such bad stuff for years and i just don't have the energy. But maybe she has feelings for me and she's just afraid. I don't know. What do you suggest, what should i do?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs

Wow, So you came out and you told her that you loved her huh?

Man, People really watch a lot of rom-coms.

I think you can still get with her, if you do 3 things.

Whats that you say?

1. Stop all the mouth diarrhea, telling her how you feel and talking about your emotions. What you do is you show her how you feel.

2. Start/Keep having fun with her and going out with her, regular lightly flirting.

3. See other women

• Like 4

Whats that you say?

1. Stop all the mouth diarrhea, telling her how you feel and talking about your emotions. What you do is you show her how you feel.

2. Start/Keep having fun with her and going out with her, regular lightly flirting.

3. See other women

Especially 3. See other women.

• Like 1
  • Author

Whats that you say?

3. See other women

No mate i didn't go to her and uttered the l-word. I just said that i liked her really much and i knew that we're friends but i wanted to be bf and gf maybe, i said i wanted to give it a shot. Thank God i'm not so mad-in-love anyway. How should i show her how i feel?

No mate i didn't go to her and uttered the l-word. I just said that i liked her really much and i knew that we're friends but i wanted to be bf and gf maybe, i said i wanted to give it a shot. Thank God i'm not so mad-in-love anyway. How should i show her how i feel?

Dude, thats worse than telling her that you love her. haha

Anyway, How you show her how you feel is, you just go out and have fun with her. Dont count anything as a "date" or anything like that. HAVE FUN. Talk about stuff without an agenda. Thats how you show her.

Get it?

• Like 1
  • Author
Dude, thats worse than telling her that you love her. haha

Anyway, How you show her how you feel is, you just go out and have fun with her. Dont count anything as a "date" or anything like that. HAVE FUN. Talk about stuff without an agenda. Thats how you show her.

Get it?

So if i get you, you want me to friendzone her back :D i dont know i'd just feel undignified if i had tried to set up 'dates' with her now. If she wants of course i'd go and have fun but i don't want to chase her much and be her lapdog. I think i need to be the one who calls and texts the other less. I'd occasionally run into her in the school anyway.

I'm not telling you to set up dates with her.

I'm saying you should go out like regular. Definately dont chase her around.

Also remember number 3. - See other women

• Like 2
todreaminblue

you be honest with her...you dont just want to be her friend.....because you have more feelings fro her than that and you dont want to sit by and watch her with other guys so ...you will have to say good bye its up to her.......the shock should have worn off by now and a decision is needed...if she sees you in that way it should be clear to her what to dso....i despise the idea of games....come clean be honest and if she says no..... date other women and move on then you have been true to who you are......deb

• Like 1

She did give you fair warning... she said it is impossible.

I think you should listen to her and...

#3 See other women.

Knock this chick off that pedestal.

• Like 2

She's definitely not shy (why do men always want to think that?) since she up and told you "it's impossible" and gave you a firm no. You're wasting your time. Since you're seeing other women, that's good, but no way you should focus on this girl, but if you can handle just friends, she might be up for that or not later on. If she senses you're still after her, she'll probably end it.

• Like 2

She isn't afraid, she's just not interested. You can't do anything.

You've told her how you feel. Now turn around and walk away because she doesn't feel the same way.

Life does not work life a romance-comedy FYI.

Versacehottie

Whats that you say?

3. See other women

I would add:

4. Pull back. She needs to worry.

• Like 1
  • Author
I would add:

4. Pull back. She needs to worry.

Yeah i do that. Seems like she doesn't care tho. And she stopped liking my photos and posts on Facebook too, maybe a good sign and maybe not.

Yeah i do that. Seems like she doesn't care tho. And she stopped liking my photos and posts on Facebook too, maybe a good sign and maybe not.

Who cares about FB? Every relationship these days is linked somehow to FACEBOOK, wake up people.................FB is the root of all evil.

• Like 3
  • Author
Who cares about FB? Every relationship these days is linked somehow to FACEBOOK, wake up people.................FB is the root of all evil.

Yeah but she was all like 'like like like' to my stuff but now she has stopped

That's because this is what she wants you to do (back off). She was straight with you and told you it wasn't going to happen. Move on. See other women.

• Author
That's because this is what she wants you to do (back off). She was straight with you and told you it wasn't going to happen. Move on. See other women.

Yeah they all do that, and when you start to see other women they just magically reappear in your life with their sulking faces and ask if you're with her or not. She told me that and i know it's probably like we wont get together but still i'm not the number 1 believer of what women say.

Yeah they all do that, and when you start to see other women they just magically reappear in your life with their sulking faces and ask if you're with her or not. She told me that and i know it's probably like we wont get together but still i'm not the number 1 believer of what women say.

Well you have been warned. If you stick around and get hurt, don't come complaining.

Versacehottie

listen sometimes precisely the reason people don't like the one who likes them is because they are too available. When you pull back, they have an opportunity to see that they don't mean the "world" to you and if there are feelings there at all, she will start to realize them when she doesn't have as much access to you. It's a test. If there aren't feelings there on her end, well then nothings different by doing this because it just allows you to protect yourself and open yourself to other people. Right course of action, no matter her feelings.

Give it time. After a denial of feelings and discussion of the relationship, people try to "hold true" to what they claimed was their position. If she doesn't like you, she isn't giving you false hope. If she does, she is just trying to prove to herself and you that you don't hold a romantic place in her life. Sometimes people don't exactly KNOW their feelings until they are faced with them, ie you pull back, are dating a new girl, etc.

It's a win-win to do this. :)

Yeah but she was all like 'like like like' to my stuff but now she has stopped

Because she lost interest.

• Author
listen sometimes precisely the reason people don't like the one who likes them is because they are too available. When you pull back, they have an opportunity to see that they don't mean the "world" to you and if there are feelings there at all, she will start to realize them when she doesn't have as much access to you. It's a test. If there aren't feelings there on her end, well then nothings different by doing this because it just allows you to protect yourself and open yourself to other people. Right course of action, no matter her feelings.

Give it time. After a denial of feelings and discussion of the relationship, people try to "hold true" to what they claimed was their position. If she doesn't like you, she isn't giving you false hope. If she does, she is just trying to prove to herself and you that you don't hold a romantic place in her life. Sometimes people don't exactly KNOW their feelings until they are faced with them, ie you pull back, are dating a new girl, etc.

It's a win-win to do this. :)

Yeah that's what i thought :) If i dont see her much i wouldn't be all over her and she said she wanted to go on as friends but i don't intend to just give that to her. She needs to see consequances of what she said, not because she said something wrong but the things cannot be as they were from now on. And actually i'm okay with being with other women.

Because she lost interest.

Maybe. But i think she has something on her mind, she could just like em 'as a friend'

• Like 1

Did she use the words 'a date' and 'with you'?

Or did she just invite you out with her and her friends?

They're vastly different things.

• Like 1
  • Author
Did she use the words 'a date' and 'with you'?

Or did she just invite you out with her and her friends?

They're vastly different things.

Second one.