What are the chances of my partner getting pregnant.

shadow15

We use condoms and i also pull out and even put water in the condom to make sure it didn't break. Im just wondering if I do all those things, should I have anything to worry about? We plan on getting back on birth control; however, we have to wait until her next period which isn't a week away. I guess since we don't have that extra protection and we have been acting bunny rabbits we got a little scarred even though nothing out of the ordinary happened. Im just wondering can she still get pregnant even after wearing a condom and me pulling out and also checking the condom?

It is much harder to get pregnant than you think. If you are pulling out AND wearing a condom, chances are extremely slim that she will become pregnant. Keep in mind that when used correctly, condoms are ~98% effective when you don't pull out. So add in the rhythm method and you're good to go!

I have an app called cycle beads that you use to track your periods and after a few months it gives you a pretty good idea of what days you're ovulating. I don't rely just on this for birth control, but it's nice to know so we can make sure we're extra careful.

TMI, but my boyfriend doesn't pull out when wearing a condom and I've never had a scare (2+ years).

EVERY form of birth control has a failure rate...

The best thing you can do is properly use the BC and cross your fingers...In the case of a condom...Check the expiration date; Don't leave it in a hot place like a car, your pocket, etc; Check it to make sure it isn't worn out or sticky; Make sure you put it on right; Don't put it on just before you climax; Make sure you use it before and during penetration; Make sure when you remove it - you don't remove it while you're inside her; and, Don't reuse the same condom if it slips off or you didn't roll it on properly, or if you "sorta" came in it (some men have pre-ejaculation).

Not sure if water would mess with its use, but some people also use a "spermicide" with their condoms or buy condoms that have spermicide (which I hate cuz it tastes yucky and irritates my 'lady area'.

aussietigerwolf

your partner can get pregnant even on birth control... The only 100 % fool proof method is not to have sex but otherwise the chances of her getting pregnant rely on a million things.

If you only have to wait a week, why not both practice your oral sex skills and get a DVD showing how to give an erotic massage? Ban intercourse. It will make it more exciting when you finally have it.

Some women get pregnant easily and others don't. Why take chances? My college roommate's mother taught the rhythm method to her church ladies. She had eleven kids. I'm surprised anyone took her seriously.