What to say when friend zoned?

nightbird101

Yea I'm just gonna say it. I got friend zoned. After the 2nd date we got a bit close and kinda made out (no sex though). Thing is, is that I didn't really feel much of a spark and I'm guessing she didn't either.

My questions

What do I say without coming across as a pure bastard?

I mean after I tell her I'm pretty much going to cut connection with her (not block her or anything cuz thats just rude but simply not talk to her unless being spoken to)

How about this...be honest and tell her there wasn't a romantic connection, but do like her company and maybe you can just hang out sometime.

• Like 1

Honesty is the best policy. I'd rather be an a*shole, than to be manipulative. What's she going to do? Tell her friends how you're an a*shole for telling the truth?

You have to be nice about it, though. If they get offended because you're just being honest, then it's really not your problem at that point, and you're not obligated to agree with them.

How about this...be honest and tell her there wasn't a romantic connection, but do like her company and maybe you can just hang out sometime.

The thing is, there was a romantic connection.

OP stated in the post right before "yea pretty much, I do like her though :P" hahaha.

Why would you tell her you wanna cut all contact?

there is so much left out of your post. Did she tell you "Lets just be friends?"

The trick is, is to back off with the feelings, by telling her that. Then she will feel comfortable to hang out, and maybe over time she will change her mind....but also keep his options open of course.

deathandtaxes

You can't go wrong by being honest in this situation. It will sting, unless she's really not feeling it, and you're just confirming her feelings. You will feel better for telling her you just don't see this as anything romantic. That's all you have to say.

• Like 1