Suggestions for asking a girl out in a funny way?

iamgaius

I want to ask out a girl but don't really know how to do it. I want to be unique about it since i can't really play the tall, dark, and handsome card.

The girl is pretty shy( a fact earnestly established by her sister to me)...i know her clothing style ventures on gray and black...obviously goes with being a little shy (i think). But with me she kinda holds her ground...if i tease/joke with her she'll respond. But it is usually me that has to initiate the conversation.

Do i take the chance of doing the standard "wanna hang out?" I think that's risky, personally. She says no and then I'm out of options.

Confessions:

-we both just graduated college

-It took me a few weeks to ask her for her number.

-she gave it pretty readily

-i kept overthinking how to ask for her number so my guy friends make fun of me now. My female friends basically roll their eyes.

-i am pretending to constantly lose her number just to keep getting her number (so she wont think i like her). Is this smart on my part?

Edited by iamgaius
  • Author

Hey Sid3 - thanks for the speedy reply, first. So any suggestions on how to make amends? Also, on the "losing her number" topic. I played that card again recently, and she said "this is the 3rd time, I've given you my number."

Also is it signifiacnt that she said "3rd time"?... She's keeping count. Is this good/bad?

Should i read into the fact that she said this? (The previous time she literally said "oh my god.")

Finally how do i ask her out once and for all? Bite the bullet so to speak. And should i be honest that i didn't actually lose the number but needed to buy time or is that creepy?

You need to just get it over and done already.

Say something like "You waanna go to have some dinner with me, or should I just ask you for your number again?"

Something like that.

Dont have any expectations, if she says no, then give her your number, and tell her "Call me if youre free and you wanna go out and have some fun sometime."

Give her a smile and be on your way.

Overthinking is part of losing the battle man. Dont doo it.

The next time when you see her, approach her instantly, that way you dont talk yourself out of it.

• Like 1

Don't worry about being funny. While women can respond to that and find it as an admirable trait.. It's not going to make you their boy friend. Asking out in a "funny" way can lead to a he's not serious take and so on.

If there is some natural comedy to it that's fine. But don't go in there trying to make it happen.

You want to be confident and strong. That is what women respond too. They want a confident strong man in their lives.

So just go up to her be yourself and ask her out. What's the worst that could happen? She say no? Big flipping deal! She's not for you. But you're a confident dude and you know she's going to say yes.

• Like 2

Dear iamgaius

If you have her mobile number or e-mail you could try writting something like this:

CONGRATULATIONS You are our very 1st Jackpot winner. You have won a free dinner and movie for being totally awesome. To claim your prize please text YES to this <your number>....Disclaimer by accepting this offer you agree to have a fun night with <your name>,this offer cannot be exchanged for any other offer, however negotiation is possible on said movie and location of the dinner deal.

Good luck with it - Bud.

• Like 1
  • Author

So i was also thinking of these possibilities:

1.) if i start texting her and then either via text or in person say "it's basically impossible for me to INTENTIONALLY lose your number a 4rf time, so can i ask you out?" Would this work?

2.) go up to her and start with "so ummm...nevermind.[insert stupid/meaningless comment]." Walk away so she figures out that i wanted to ask her out but got cold feet. Maybe she finds it endearing? and maybe she approaches me later on and is like "did you try to ask me out"? Or am I overthinking now?

3.) something like "on a scale of 1-10, what are my chances of going out with you." FYI "on a scale of..." topics are something we do to pass the time. or would come of as childish? And i feel like it sort of puts the onus on her though?

BTW

-she's a little sensitive about her height...about 5'2 so i kinda say she's 3'5 -> just a character trait I thought to include(?)

-she recently had to take her dad to the hospital so my timing may be an issue

-But she is also pretty much bored out of her mind "has no idea what I doing with my life now that I'm out of college" type boredom lol

Please help lol....my friends basically have given up on me as far as this topic gies lol. Usually I ask a girl out with "wanna hang out/ go to the movies/ im paying" and it works...but with this girl i am likely to freeze up lol.

Edited by iamgaius

Dont over think it. Wait for a time that you know that she is not working or around girl friends, preferably at night but not too late. And ask her straight forward and to the point. Show that you are interested in her and that you dont want to be her friend. Make it very clear that you are not looking for friendship with her.

If you want to say it in a funny way you need to have extreme confidence in yourself to pull it off and it will backfire if you show the slightest nervousness.

organizedchaos
So i was also thinking of these possibilities:

1.) if i start texting her and then either via text or in person say "it's basically impossible for me to INTENTIONALLY lose your number a 4rf time, so can i ask you out?" Would this work?

2.) go up to her and start with "so ummm...nevermind.[insert stupid/meaningless comment]." Walk away so she figures out that i wanted to ask her out but got cold feet. Maybe she finds it endearing? and maybe she approaches me later on and is like "did you try to ask me out"? Or am I overthinking now?

3.) something like "on a scale of 1-10, what are my chances of going out with you." FYI "on a scale of..." topics are something we do to pass the time. or would come of as childish? And i feel like it sort of puts the onus on her though?

BTW

-she's a little sensitive about her height...about 5'2 so i kinda say she's 3'5 -> just a character trait I thought to include(?)

-she recently had to take her dad to the hospital so my timing may be an issue

-But she is also pretty much bored out of her mind "has no idea what I doing with my life now that I'm out of college" type boredom lol

Please help lol....my friends basically have given up on me as far as this topic gies lol. Usually I ask a girl out with "wanna hang out/ go to the movies/ im paying" and it works...but with this girl i am likely to freeze up lol.

Holy hell just stop it all already. Call her. Ask her out. Stop all this b.s. It's pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Author
Holy hell just stop it all already. Call her. Ask her out. Stop all this b.s. It's pathetic.

Yes, I am aware. Doesn't change the fact I need info on this. Would texting suffice?

And The thing is I can't get a read on this girl. So I have nothing to go on. Other than being shy, she also got a tattoo because she was bored and has a lot of piercings (ears only), for the same reason. Her fashion style is also to wear black/gray. She also counted the number of times I've "lost" her number.

But i think I kinda have a rapport with her? Basically if I ask something p, get a 1 word answer, make a hand gesture like "go on". She'll imitate the gesture with a smirk. Is this even rapport?

Usually "wanna go out/hang out works." But most of the girls I've dated are gamers etc.

I have 0 fall back if she declines, other than bringing it up as a joke whenever i see her lol. Would that be stupid?. And i am not quick on my feet to say something cool at that moment...

Edited by iamgaius

Usually "wanna go out/hang out works." But most of the girls I've dated are gamers etc.

"Wanna go out" works on ANY girl, if she wants to go out with you.

Don't pretend to lose her number, don't plan to wuss out, and stop overthinking. If you want to ask her out, do it. Doesn't matter if it's text, phone, or in person, just DO something instead of harping on it!

• Like 2
organizedchaos
Yes, I am aware. Doesn't change the fact I need info on this. Would texting suffice?

And The thing is I can't get a read on this girl. So I have nothing to go on. Other than being shy, she also got a tattoo because she was bored and has a lot of piercings (ears only), for the same reason. Her fashion style is also to wear black/gray. She also counted the number of times I've "lost" her number.

But i think I kinda have a rapport with her? Basically if I ask something p, get a 1 word answer, make a hand gesture like "go on". She'll imitate the gesture with a smirk. Is this even rapport?

I have 0 fall back if she declines, other than bringing it up as a joke whenever i see her lol. Would that be stupid?. And i am not quick on my feet to say something cool at that moment...

Once again, stop it. Stop over analyzing. Have some balls, call her and ask her out. Damn man, don't overly complicate it.

• Like 2

This is just too weird. If you did any of these with me, I'd say no. If you asked me for my number a million times, I'd write you off. And that "oh nevermind"and walk away thing just makes you look like a bumbling idiot.

I can feel the "frantic" in your writing so I can't even imagine how it comes off in person.

Don't insult her, don't try to be funny, don't try to be anything you're not.

Don't ask her to "hang out". That phrase should be eliminated from dating situations.

Would you like to go on a date with me? Suggest where you think she might like. Don't say you're paying. Don't mumble. If she says yes, suggest a day. If she says no, you're done. No fallbacks.

Now stop.

• Like 1

Dear iamgaius

Being that she has given you her number on multiple occasions already and you have not had the courage to ask her out on a date, your chances with her are diminishing by the second. Unless you are able to pull yourself together soon and ask her by whatever form of communication that you want then she is very likely to close the gates on you. Taking into account that her dad is unwell and was taken to hospital her tolerance level for shenanigans is probably going to be very low. If you truly like her then don't try any strategies that are not very clear to her like the below. It's just going to infuriate her more.

1.) if i start texting her and then either via text or in person say "it's basically impossible for me to INTENTIONALLY lose your number a 4rf time, so can i ask you out?" Would this work? - definitely NOT, because it's refering back to a negative scene and highlights your cowardice.

2.) go up to her and start with "so ummm...nevermind.[insert stupid/meaningless comment]." Walk away so she figures out that i wanted to ask her out but got cold feet. Maybe she finds it endearing? and maybe she approaches me later on and is like "did you try to ask me out"? Or am I overthinking now? - definitely NOT, because she won't know what you want and it will just make you indecisive in her eyes, another NO NO.

3.) something like "on a scale of 1-10, what are my chances of going out with you." FYI "on a scale of..." topics are something we do to pass the time. or would come of as childish? And i feel like it sort of puts the onus on her though? - this is a possibility if you want to go through with it but I wouldn't do it.

What you have done previously in: ' Usually I ask a girl out with "wanna hang out/ go to the movies/ im paying" and it works...' is perfect. It's uncomplicated and is clear as day. Being that you have her number you should really just call her and ask her out because you already said that it's too hard in person. She opened the door the first time that she gave you her number to you so all you have to do is have the courage to ask. Do this quickly before she slams the door on your face. However you decide to do it, make sure that it's simple and uncomplicated. You can do it.

All the best - Bud.

Edited by I am Bud
  • Author

@scorpiogirl- it's the "no fallbacks" possibility that really stops me in my tracks. If she says no, what then? Do i still joke around with her...do i incorporate the rejection? Lol.

I do make her laugh but I don't know if it's with me or at me. Lol. I mean some of my jokes are a bit on the self deprecating side (now). Maybe i have become a bit more "frantic" these last few weeks...joined an online site lol!

Should I step back? Distance my self from her a bit ...fewer interactions for a couple of weeks, that way I can seem more serious? Then ask her out up front. My usual experience is with girls that I am not THIS attracted to. Thoughts?

@ IAMBUD- same thing...should I step back? Also why would the door be closing? I mean kinda get why...but i just want it spelled out pretty much - for my own sanity (if that makes sense) lol.

PS- We talked and I found out that she goes to clubs with friends ...maybe once a month or every six weeks...but doesn't really get hit on too often since she looks about 16-18 (she's older obviously). So she does have friends and does regular girl stuff. She isnt just "shy". Anything to read into this?

PPS- she likes nail polish...if that helps to gauge anything about her personality....

Edited by iamgaius

All your suggestions 1, 2, & 3 are foolish and/or needy and weak.

You just need to say "Would you like to go to XXXXX with me at xxxx time?"

Thats it man.

I think you've already had enough help with this topic

• Like 1
  • Author
All your suggestions 1, 2, & 3 are foolish and/or needy and weak.

You just need to say "Would you like to go to XXXXX with me at xxxx time?"

Thats it man.

Ok when is the best (if not ideal) time to ask the girl? I've obviously never put this much effort into asking a girl out - in my defense I think pretty highly of her ;)!

Ok when is the best (if not ideal) time to ask the girl? I've obviously never put this much effort into asking a girl out - in my defense I think pretty highly of her ;)!

Stick a fork in you, you're done. I've never heard of a guy over-thinking to this degree after middle school. People on a message board can't tell you exactly what to say and when to say it. It's situational. Like I said before, if she likes you, she'll go out with you. But if you just keep posting needy questions here instead of doing anything, nothing will happen.

Oh, and please stop trying to judge her based on things like "liking nail polish." It's just digging your hole deeper.