Would you date a person with a facial birthmark?

Clockwork

Or marry them? Obviously people with noticeable birthmarks on their faces get married, live normal lives and have children so they do get married but would you do it or is it a deal breaker? I am not talking about a mole like what Cindy Crawford had that was always deemed sexy, I am talking about port wine stains, red birthmarks, stuff like that. On the neck, facial area. Can you overlook something like that? Not everyone decides to get laser surgery to remove it, some people are just used to it.

Obviously these are unique and to me nothing is more attractive to me than imperfections. But I am just wondering about other opinions.

Edited by Clockwork

I could probably overlook something like that because nobody is perfect but they'd have to have some really great qualities that I loved about them, same as anybody else I could fall in love with.

Are you talking about yourself here or just being whimsy?

Supernatural

Depends on what it looked like. I think each case would be different. But, simply, to answer your question. If I had a great connection and was attracted, yes. It wouldn't make a difference to me.

--------------------------

On an unrelated note...

"you're getting so skinny you're gonna

fall through your ass hole and hang yourself"

- my Grandpa

Wouldn't that be a sight to see!

• Like 1

Someone can be sexier with something like that.

I knew a girl that had an eye problem, and one eye was droopier than the other, but I wouldnt have her any other way. It matched her pesonality, she was sexy with it. She was such a sober realist about the world, the eye was uniquely her.

- She embraced herself, and was sexier for it

In this day and age there is no reason to walk around with it unless you like it. If you can't afford laser or whatever treatments are available, there is special makeup for birthmarks and scars.

What makes me sick is a large, ugly, protruding mole. Get it cut off. Your insurance will pay because I think they routinely biopsy moles.

one eye was droopier than the other. It matched her pesonality... a sober realist

The open eye was her sober side and the droopy eye her drunk side.

• Author

Are you talking about yourself here or just being whimsy?

No, not myself. I don't have a birthmark and neither does my wife. Nor has an ex-girlfriend of mine ever had one. Our son has a very unique birthmark though, not on his face though, but his arm. No, just a thought, it popped into my head and was asking the experiences from other people.

I was once interested in a guy with a port wine mark on his face but it turned out he had big drug issues. He was so grateful I was interested, though, and I didn't realize it was such a stigma until then.

A guy I worked with had big port wine marks all around on his chest and places you could see them, but he had a long-term girlfriend, even though he was quite the alcoholic and very disorganized.

I guess there could be something that maybe the combination of a really ugly face plus red marks could make it hard to deal with, but on a person otherwise average looking, for most women, that would not be a dealbreaker.

So in your son's case, with all the new dermatology out there, you should just inquire in case it can be lasered off. If not, get him a tatoo early if it's bothering him or hindering his confidence.

If I'm attracted to them and like them yep.

A birthmark on the face doesn't automatically mean someone is unattractive. So it would work like with anyone else, am I attracted to them? Do I like them? If yes, then the birthmark doesn't matter.

I know 2 people with facial birth marks, one has vitiligo and around her mouth and eyes are white whereas everywhere else she is brown, and after a while you get used to it and don't bother to think much of it anymore. Lots of dudes seemed to like her in college. Now she's married though with a baby.

Edited by MissBee
  • Author

So in your son's case, with all the new dermatology out there, you should just inquire in case it can be lasered off. If not, get him a tatoo early if it's bothering him or hindering his confidence.

He has a little one where you can't see it though. Almost like a freckle, barely a mole. No, that isn't an issue at all. But it got me thinking about a person with a bigger more noticeable one on their face.