I like my best friend. what do I do.

truerye

I'm a 19 year old guy, sophomore in college. My best friend is 20 year old guy, also a sophomore. Over the last few months, I started to like him, and now I like him a lot. But he has a girlfriend, who is also my friend. (I'm not quite sure of my sexuality yet. I could be straight/gay/bi. All I know is that I like my best guy friend. I think pansexual might describe me, but again, I'm not sure. And this is a hard internal issue to have. All of my friends that would be close enough to talk about his issue are in this friend group, so I don't really think that would be a great idea.) I have heard him mention through random conversations that he is straight, and that if a day man asked him out, he would be flattered that someone thinks he's attractive, but he would have to decline. I think he's hella attractive. When I hang out with him, a lot of the time I "fake" flirt with him, which we both think is funny. Most of the time he fake flirts back. But when he hangs out with his actual girlfriend, and happens to kiss her or something, its really rough for me. I would hate if they broke up, but I really really want him. I don't really know what to do. Also, I know a route to take here would be to separate myself from him for a while, distance myself and try to find someone else, but I'm not going to do that. He's my best friend, so I'm staying with him. I just don't know what to do.

todreaminblue

you are in for a lot of pain.......

being flattered someone is attracted to you doesn't mean you would date them, in all honesty you arent even sure what your sexuality is and dragging someone along with that isnt a very nice thing to do.......work on you be sure of what you want and dotn go fro taken men.....distance yourself

its actually relatively normal to question your sexuality......at some point in time...media society in general makes young adults.... question who they are attracted too........but while you are questioning you dont move forward into a relationship with either sex....you are young take the time you have now to work on who you are what you really want out of life and dont confuse or hurt anyone else in the process.......

it could well be a passing phase or experimentation..... that you very well could change your mind in six months or a year down the track.....travel see the world do some thing good....find new friends for the moment while you have these growing feelings for a guy who has a gf...so you dont get hurt....and try and work out where you stand what you want and what you really need in your life..either way breaking up a couple isnt really on is it...it will be awkward for you and awkward for them..they are your friends ...dont do it......deb

• Like 1