is he into me

alexisjones289

alexisjones289

For the past yearish one of the delivery drivers at my job has been what I consider flirty. A few months ago a coworker made a comment that she thought he had a crush on me. A few weeks ago she made a comment on how cute he was and that he was flirting totally flirtig eith me. Every time we work together she makes comments. She knows the attraction is mutual. I have always thought he was nice looking and have caught his vibe a little too. Once a reference to my butt was made by him. Another time he said he was having a bad day. He returned to drop off a missed package and was totally peppy with me where he was in the dumps speaking with my coworker earlier, he frequently teases me and I respond with good humor. I catch him checking me out and one day he stopped his delivery truck to poke fun at me and I know his company keeps tight track of his timing.

The only reason I have any bit of doubt is because he hasn't asked for my number or a date. I guess I am looking for others opinions and how to possibly approach him for further communication.

Some guys don't have enough ballz to ask someone for their number. Just give it to him and say "lets go out for coffee sometime, here is my number". It's not the 1950's, women need to step up and make the approach.

• Like 1
  • Author
alexisjones289

Thanks for the reply. Does it sound like he is mutually interested? I trust my coworkers opinion as she has been married 30 years but looking for outsiders opinion too. thanks

Thanks for the reply. Does it sound like he is mutually interested? I trust my coworkers opinion as she has been married 30 years but looking for outsiders opinion too. thanks

I would not have suggested you giving him your number if I didn't.

Tip: If a man goes out of his way to see you or be around you, it's a no brainer.

• Like 1

Some people are just flirty. Delivery drivers meet all sorts of people in a given day & a little harmless flirting might not mean much.

Do you talk to him?

While I can appreciate the definiteness of a direct approach on your part, before you do that, I'd be a bit more subtle. Are you sure he's not dating somebody else? Have you ever made it clear to him that he was welcome to ask you out & that you'd go?

• Like 1
  • Author
alexisjones289

We do chat quite a bit when he comes in for his delivery. Everyday stuff that usually has a joke or 2 involved. Definitely plenty of eye contact going on room he does not wear a ring. My coworker was going to ask if he was single she said when she catches him during down time. No wedding ring though. I have not made it clear that he can ask me out. Honestly, I am not even too sure how to approach that subject.

My god you are just asking someone out. It's not like you are breaking international security. If he was dating someone he would decline your invitation to go for coffee, simple as that. It's no different than if you were a guy asking a girl out. Seriously the roles are not different these days. Hell over 25 years I was asking guys out on dates, and I was only turned down once because he didn't date smokers. I never had any problems asking guys out on dates. I never second guessed myself, if I liked them I asked them out. If they declined, no big deal...it didn't kill me. Just grow a spine and give him your number. It's not the guy's JOB to do the asking. Like I said women need to step up in this modern age. We have worked so hard to be treated as equals, now it's time to start acting like it.

• Like 2
  • Author
alexisjones289

I'm sorry you got the impression that you think I believe the guy should ask. I don't mind asking I just lack the confidence to do such. Its not a chivalrous matter more of a fear of rejection matter. Not like this is my only chance its that I have to see him daily. Sorry I didn't express that clearly earlier

Say if you dated and broke up...you would still have to see each other, so what difference does it make if you just ask him out?

She said herself she hasn't shown any real indication of being interest to him.....THAT would be a pretty good reason why he hasn't plucked up the courage to ask her out.

Edited by smackie9
  • Author
alexisjones289
Say if you dated and broke up...you would still have to see each other, so what difference does it make if you just ask him out?

That is true

• Author
alexisjones289

I walked into the ass comment. With my sense of humor I would have referenced it too. Wrong words totally fell out of my mouth that day. I agree can still be involved if no ring. Thats why my coworker was going to politely inquire.

I receive orders at my job everyday all day long, and I have np engaging in personal conversation with delivery guys. I always ask how was their weekend, what did they do, or what are their plans for the weekend, talk about the weather, the news etc. I find out all kinds of things, like how many kids they have, vacations, etc. I don't know why you are having so much trouble conversing with him and widdlinging some info out of him.

• Author
alexisjones289

We do chat quite a bit. Granted he is only in the building for a minute or so but conversing does occur. Relationships never come up but everyday things and usually poking fun at my height. I am short. Both of us initiate that topic as I enjoy self-deprecating humor. I haven't pushed for much info on his personal life however.

I'd let your friend find out if he has a GF. If he doesn't when he comes in next time, say something like "Hey on Friday after work I'm gonna be at XYZ Bar, wanna stop by?"

• Author
alexisjones289

Thanks! I do get a ton of free baseball tickets from one of my other jobs. I could tell him I have an extra. But idk. I was going to compliment his humor next time I see him. Maybe that would drop a hint of my intentions. He does zing out some good one liners. This is just a new area for me. I appreciate the responses

I'd mention the fact that you can get basketball tickets without formally extending an offer / ticket just yet to see if he seems interested. Of course if you get an enthusiastic response it's easy to say I have an extra ticket for Friday

Since it involves your work, he doesn't want to chance that he'll get complained on. You might have to somehow let him know you're interested. Not sure I'd just give him my number though because sometimes guys think that's a guaranteed hookup. Maybe you bring cookies or cupcakes to work one day and be sure and give him one and say something flirty and corny like "sweets for the sweet" or "you can thank me later" and then if he doesn't vomit, he probably likes you.

• Like 1
  • Author
alexisjones289
Is this the same guy you've been talking about since Sept 2013?

No that guy I left my number and he never called. No hard feelings. He got another job in the spring.

• Author
alexisjones289

Funny add on to this story. I live near his companies local distribution center. I was driving down the road on the way to the store. I look over at the truck next to me and it was him grinning.

I don't know what you do, but he could be feeling a little inferior, because he wears a uniform, drives a truck and delivers boxes. You could be in international finance, and not have a lot in common.

It is a possibility that he thinks his chances are slim to none.

• Author
alexisjones289
Good lord just ask him out!

I want to be a touch more subtle. I am thinking about coming onto him a little stronger. I couldn't identify his flirting for a while and I know mine fails. Maybe I'll bring up something along the lines of how well we would get along and assess his reaction?