What do you think about this?

Real36

I've had 2 dates with a man I met on OLD. His profile listed him as divorced but on our first date he told me that his divorce isn't final for 30 more days and that they have only been separated since April of this year. It's bothering me a little that he hasn't been single very long. Feels like a rebound to me. I agreed to a third date for tomorrow but I'm having doubts about going much further.

Go out with him, but be honest with your concerns, feelings. You might think it's too early to discuss something serious, when you are supposed to be "dating", having fun. But when we are dealing with perspective mates, a possible long term relationship, if that's what you're looking for, want, you MUST ask the tough questions.

Ask him to explain what's going on. Ask him how he feels about it, about the ex. Ask him what is his opinion on rebounds. Give him a chance to open up. If he can, and can tell you he's in a good place, in a healthy place (make sure he backs that up with how he's living in healthy way.)

If he's in an ok place, and likes you, thinks you are worth a fourth date, he'll be ok answering your questions.

If he avoids, gets upset, thinks it's too early to discuss such things, or says, "I don't know how I feel about her (ex), or can't clearly tell you he's NOT still in love with her - WALK AWAY. And trust your gut feeling, instincts, any red flags. If something doesn't feel right, it usually is not. Trust in that. Not what a man who wants to get laid, is saying with words, with all the charm in the world.

• Like 1