How long did it take your SO to contact you after a 1st Date?

Georgia2014

I went on a first date today. I haven't heard from him yet. I was wondering for those of you in a relationship how long did it take your SO to contact you after the date ended?

Did you call him to tell him thanks for the date?

Did he pay?

Did he organize the event.

-If so thank him if you liked it

Depends. The ones who really likes me text me straight away after we walked out of the pub!

If they like you. Its in their actions.

My OLD went well, and I had left the pub we met and she text me within 30 minutes to say she wanted to see me again.

• Like 1
  • Author
Did you call him to tell him thanks for the date?

Did he pay?

Did he organize the event.

-If so thank him if you liked it

I did text him to say thank you and that I had a nice time. He texted back an hour later saying he didn't feel it. As in the chemistry.

Edited by Georgia2014
acrosstheuniverse

Usually that same night or the very next morning. That's good you got an idea of how he feels, and that he told you straight rather than you sitting and wondering all week when he's going to get in touch. I have always adopted the brutal honesty approach with dates too.

I did text him to say thank you and that I had a nice time. He texted back an hour later saying he didn't feel it. As in the chemistry.

Remember! Its in their actions. You liked him so YOU text him. He wasnt feeling any chemistry so he left you to make any move, any action.

Im sorry for your disappointment however the next person who is into you WILL initaite contact.

About half an hour.

Yes if you like him then text him. Maybe he is sitting there wondering exactly the same thing?

Just because in this modern world we have the ability to be connected 24/7/365 doesn't mean that is a good idea.

Anything contact within 72 hours is fine.

If I remember, DH & I went on our 1st date on a Monday (which had me half off my rails thinking this was a business arrangement not a date). He called me Wednesday & had lunch Thursday.

If you're the lady and he paid for your date, then YOU send him a thank you.

If you liked him then you go ahead and tell him thank you for dinner and great company, it would be my pleasure to do this again.

If you're the lady and he paid for your date, then YOU send him a thank you.

If you liked him then you go ahead and tell him thank you for dinner and great company, it would be my pleasure to do this again.

No, I completely disagree and I've never done that. He contacts you, he thanks you and you thank him in person at the end of the date and that's it. After that he contacts you and asks you out. You don't say " I want to do this again", he says that, he is courting you, and you are accepting his overtures, NOT the other way around. You can offer to pay at the first date but if he takes the money, he can also take a hike.

Usually they ask you out again at the end of the date, or 24 h later. Anything within 3 days is fine, but in my experience, the ones who ask at the end of the date, in person, even if plans are firmed up later (24-72h later) are those who are truly interested.

Edited by BluEyeL
No, I completely disagree and I've never done that. He contacts you, he thanks you and you thank him in person at the end of the date and that's it. After that he contacts you and asks you out. You don't say " I want to do this again", he says that, he is courting you, and you are accepting his overtures, NOT the other way around. You can offer to pay at the first date but if he takes the money, he can also take a hike.

Usually they ask you out again at the end of the date, or 24 h later. Anything within 3 days is fine, but in my experience, the ones who ask at the end of the date, in person, even if plans are firmed up later (24-72h later) are those who are truly interested.

Well, I disagree with you becuase is Gergia2014 hadnt concated he might nit have bothered at all telling her there was no chemistry.

Theres no harm in asking and on OLD there is no gender specific rules who contacts who.

Well, I disagree with you becuase is Gergia2014 hadnt concated he might nit have bothered at all telling her there was no chemistry.

Theres no harm in asking and on OLD there is no gender specific rules who contacts who.

Yes, and why is that a problem? No "I'd like to see you again" at the end of the date, and no contact within 48 h means he's not interested. Why would you be interested in being rejected directly? I don't need direct rejection, no contact is enough for me. But to each their own.

No "I'd like to see you again" at the end of the date, and no contact within 48 h means he's not interested. Why would you be interested in being rejected directly?

Switch "he" for "she" and it makes all the difference though?

I don't think so.

Yes, and why is that a problem? No "I'd like to see you again" at the end of the date, and no contact within 48 h means he's not interested. Why would you be interested in being rejected directly? I don't need direct rejection, no contact is enough for me. But to each their own.

Nope, I never said it was a problem. I mentioned it not geneder specific who contacts who. Thats what the orginal post was about.

Not everyone works to a 48 timescale. This is YOIUR timescale and YES. "Each to their own"!

Switch "he" for "she" and it makes all the difference though?

I don't think so.

Well, I will stop arguing with the men here. Everyone should date the way they want.

I am dating the traditional way. I say thank you for dinner and a great time at the end of the date, that's his cue to say he'd like to see me again, I say enthusiastically "I'd like that", he agrees and asks when is good for me, or says I'll get in touch to set up the details. He gets in touch, we arrange the next date etc. If he says "keep in touch" at the end or "it was nice meeting you", and then he doesn't contact me for a second date, it means he is not interested and that's it! But let me tell you, since May 2013, I had a 100% first to second date call back rate. Therefore, for me dating this way is not going too badly, but like I said, whatever floats your boat. Women here can knock themselves out and do whatever they want, if they notice pursuing and courting men is working for them.

I don't play silly dating games. If I like a guy I will give him a green light. A lot of men after a first date don't know if the woman enjoyed herself, they ask themselves did she just appeared to enjoy herself, was she just being nice, how many times we hear that on here? With me there is no confusion.

It happened I text a guy thank you to let him know if he'd like to get together again it'd be my pleasure then he'd say: really? I was not sure I was your type blahblahblah.

ADD: I am not chasing him down. I give him a green light. Then if he doesn't follow up F him.

Edited by Gaeta

No one is arguing here Blueye. We`re just passing on our opinions.

I m more in line with gaeta about contact.

How long did it take your SO to contact you after a 1st Date?

I don't even remember. But we've been together ever since.