Any dating tips

tomtheman1234

tomtheman1234

A new friend of mine sort of set me up with a friend of his. We chatting on Facebook off and on for 2 days than we agreed to go to the movies. We had only text each other on facebook and seen facebook pics of each other. So off we went 2 days later to the movies. As it happens the date was last night. We seemed to both have fun and the date seemed to go well. She is just so amazing and right on my level and fun to hang out with and really pretty and the sort of person I have been looking for, for a long time. As the date came to an end I said hope to see you again or something like that. She said you will. Next day being today I sent her a sticker on Facebook then said how much I enjoyed the date. She replayed with bless. We have not chatted on Facebook much today.

I am not the best at the dating game and am best when someone introduces me to someone. I know she has not had many boyfriends before so I think she might not be the best at the dating game either. I just wonder what the next step is I should take as want to try and win her over? This is the first date I have been in in ages that I think wow what an amazing and cool and fun lady.

On your next message make sure you get her number, take it off Facebook and on to the phone. Also ask her out for date number 2 at the same time.

Something like

"Blah blah blah, funny reference to your previous conversations.

Go for the ask on the date with a firm idea/date, but close with asking for the phone number to firm up plans"

Make sure on the second date that you kiss her. If a woman likes you, she will WANT you to kiss her otherwise you could lose your chance. Try and set up a chance early or in the middle of the date for the kiss rather than going for the kiss at the end as it removes a lot of the framing and makes it seem spontaneous. My favourite is splitting the date into 2 things, usually a walk and an activity (whatever the activitiy is you can decide). Find a nice picturesque place to have a seat during your walk and go for the kiss there.

The usual stuff. Be yourself, because anyone who doesn't like the real you won't be a good long term partner anyway.

Dating is not a game. A lot of people say it is but honestly it is not. Every relationship or dating experience I've had that was a game did not last.

The only relationships that became ANYTHING of substance were relationships that happened on their own.

My best advice to you is do not try to win her over, just be yourself. Being yourself should be more then enough to win anyone's heart. If not they are not the person for YOU.

Let things happen on their own. Don't over think things just have fun getting to know her and see if it grows into a relationship. Sure you can show interest.. Kissing, holding hands, flirting and so on.. But the general idea is to be yourself. If she does not like it, if she does not want to be with YOU. Then she is not the woman for you.

The whole idea of dating is to find someone that loves you.

Get off FB. Call her on the phone. (if you don't have her #, ask for it on messenger) Ask her for another date preferably something that is not the movies so you have some more time to talk.

I am with dOnnivain - Facebook was fine to meet and break the ice but real relationships do not take place in social media - they happen face-to-face and voice-to-voice. You both had a good time so there is no reason to be shy or afraid of asking for the next date. By the way, probably shouldn't refer to dating as a "game" when in contact with her. Dating is a relationship of discovery so engage with eyes wide open and the anticipation that this is going to be a fun process. Hopefully, the purpose is to find someone to marry and spend the rest of your life with. For that reason, take your time and get to know one another without rushing into anything. Blessings on you!

• Like 1