Meeting Women in Stores

Johnson1

Okay, so this is probably your stereotypical question, but what is the best way to approach an attractive woman in the store (let's say Walmart).

Today I came across two beautiful women. One was about 34-ish, the other was around 23. I happened to be walking past the pharmaceutical area and noticed them. I went down one aisle and when I came over the the next I was face to face with this drop dead gorgeous sun drenched 23 year old with long blond hair and gorgeous eyes who gave me a little smile as she passed.

The thing is, I'm 50. Although, I don't look 50. I'm 6' 3" and attractive. People tell me all the time they think I'm in my late 30's - early 40's. I get looks from younger women all the time, but never have the courage to pursue it. Mainly because of this complex I have about my age.

Anyway, how should I have taken this smile? Could she have been interested or was it just a friendly smile? How do you tell?

Bear in mind I'm not looking to marry a 23 year old, but the chance to spend the night with a hot young chick who looks like she did would cross any guys mind.

What could I have said to her to find out if she was interested or was it a 'no go' no matter what? This girl was heavenly. Both women went to the cosmetic aisle. How in the world do you pick up a woman in a cosmetic aisle? What possible excuse could I have for being there unless I was in a hair band. :laugh:

Edited by Vocals5

Get the 23 year old bird, massive respect if you landed that one, what a total BABE.

The cosmetic aisle you say? To be honest I would have probably said that she's in the right place hahaha, I usually say mean things to chicks but it might not work for somebody at 50 years old. Ask her what a gorgeous BABE is doing there, it's not like she needs the products.

• Author
Get the 23 year old bird, massive respect if you landed that one, what a total BABE.

The cosmetic aisle you say? To be honest I would have probably said that she's in the right place hahaha, I usually say mean things to chicks but it might not work for somebody at 50 years old. Ask her what a gorgeous BABE is doing there, it's not like she needs the products.

I'm not one of the 'jerk' types that a lot of younger chicks go for. I'll admit, I'm a 'nice guy'. I hate being the 'nice guy' because women think nice guys can't rock their world. They're sadly mistaken. I would've ravaged this young thing and took her to a place in her mind she's never been before! :D

No offense but you are asking for heartache.

You are what 27 years older then this woman? What in the world could you possibly have in common with her? Even from a friendship stand point..

At best you'll become a sugar daddy and get your heart broken. Possibly even destroy your finances (seen it happen a few times).

You two are both at different points in life... What you could possibly gain from this just baffles me.. Aside from some hot tail.. But be warned she has a father and likely other male figures in her life that will not be happy with you being around.

Go for it by all means but it's trouble I'm telling you.

And no offense.. You're not one of those "jerk" types.. Yet you want to take advantage of this woman and ravage her? Uhh hey buddy go read what you just typed..

• Like 5
  • Author
No offense but you are asking for heartache.

You are what 27 years older then this woman? What in the world could you possibly have in common with her? Even from a friendship stand point..

At best you'll become a sugar daddy and get your heart broken. Possibly even destroy your finances (seen it happen a few times).

You two are both at different points in life... What you could possibly gain from this just baffles me.. Aside from some hot tail.. But be warned she has a father and likely other male figures in her life that will not be happy with you being around.

Go for it by all means but it's trouble I'm telling you.

And no offense.. You're not one of those "jerk" types.. Yet you want to take advantage of this woman and ravage her? Uhh hey buddy go read what you just typed..

Who are you Mother Theresa? What could I have to gain? Are you serious??? Finances? Friendship? Sugar daddy? You're reading waaaaaay too far into it.

Younger women have one night stand with guys their own age all the time. Just because I'm older doesn't mean squat. She wouldn't be bringing me home to meet her parents for God sake. Give me a break.

WrinkledForehead

I see no issue with the age gap. Those who live in glass houses and all that... My partner has 20 years on me; I'll be 30 soon.

That said, in the past when I've been hit on by guys in stores I've found it odd. I personally don't like it. I don't speak for all women, but its a turn off and especially when initiated with cheesy lines.

• Author
I see no issue with the age gap. Those who live in glass houses and all that... My partner has 20 years on me; I'll be 30 soon.

That said, in the past when I've been hit on by guys in stores I've found it odd. I personally don't like it. I don't speak for all women, but its a turn off and especially when initiated with cheesy lines.

Thank you for that.

I don't believe in cheesy lines myself, which is why I don't approach. Now that I'm single again I want to have the courage to go through with pursuing, but do it when and where it's appropriate which is why I asked nice people such as yourself. I never pursued anyone when I was married and felt like I missed out on a lot. Other than my ex of 30 years I was only with 2 other women for one night each. Where I live there's A LOT of beautiful women. I feel like a kid in a candy store! :)

It's hard to answer without saying something that might make you feel bad. So I'll try not to but sorry in advance if I do.

Most likely the smile was just a friendly smile. If you hit on 20-somethings, odds are you'll strike out and will be the subject of mockery and disgust to her friends later.

But you might be successful once in awhile. Depends on if you're okay with the rejections.

• Like 1
  • Author
There is almost no way for a guy to hit on a girl less than half his age at the store without looking like a creep, sorry.

Eh. You're entitled to your opinion. Personally I think it depends on the people involved and how it's done. Thanks.

• Like 1
Who are you Mother Theresa? What could I have to gain? Are you serious??? Finances? Friendship? Sugar daddy? You're reading waaaaaay too far into it.

Younger women have one night stand with guys their own age all the time. Just because I'm older doesn't mean squat. She wouldn't be bringing me home to meet her parents for God sake. Give me a break.

Think with your brain.. Yeah some DO but not all. And yeah I've seen a few buddies who were in their 50's have fun with women in their 20's. It never went well.

Either way you're basically saying you're not a jerk but want to use this women like a piece of meat. If she does not mind go for it. But just keep in mind she'll have her own motives and they most likely wont match yours.

• Like 3
  • Author
It's hard to answer without saying something that might make you feel bad. So I'll try not to but sorry in advance if I do.

Most likely the smile was just a friendly smile. If you hit on 20-somethings, odds are you'll strike out and will be the subject of mockery and disgust to her friends later.

But you might be successful once in awhile. Depends on if you're okay with the rejections.

Who cares about her friends? I'm not going to be there to hear it, so it's kind of a mute point. I agree with your success to rejection ratio, but I guess the same would hold true with a woman closer to my age as well. Rejection is all part of the process. The thing is we never know until we try, right? :)

• Author
Of course it depends on the people involved. Your problem is that a vast majority of women half your age will be creeped out when you hit on them, as will most anyone who hears of it. As an older guy who has spent a lot of time with younger women, I wouldn't even hit on a woman 10 years younger than me, let alone 25. The safe bet is to let younger women show interest before you hit on them.

You obviously have to feel comfortable doing it and almost definitely sure they're interested. The question is what is considered 'interest'? Deciphering if the smile is a pleasantry greeting or something more. That's what I'd like to figure out without coming across as a 'creep'. There HAS to be a way. There are younger women who like older guys. I'm NOT your stereotypical 'older guy'. I think it also depends on the maturity level of the woman.

Edited by Vocals5
Who cares about her friends? I'm not going to be there to hear it, so it's kind of a mute point.

Moot point. As long as it doesn't bother you.

I agree with your success to rejection ratio, but I guess the same would hold true with a woman closer to my age as well. Rejection is all part of the process.

I think you're going to have a higher rejection rate than with women closer to your age. If you don't mind being the "old guy at the bar/club", you might have better success there than stores finding younger women who just want to hook up.

The thing is we never know until we try, right? :)

True.

Do not approach when she's shopping for underwear.

And do her a favor and don't spend 2 minutes staring at the stuff. :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Author
Think with your brain.. Yeah some DO but not all. And yeah I've seen a few buddies who were in their 50's have fun with women in their 20's. It never went well.

Either way you're basically saying you're not a jerk but want to use this women like a piece of meat. If she does not mind go for it. But just keep in mind she'll have her own motives and they most likely wont match yours.

Again, you've got that Mother Theresa thing going. Sorry, but just because you would like to spend the night with a beautiful girl doesn't make someone a jerk. I'm sure she wouldn't be looking for a relationship with me. Her motives would be as I would expect. One night, nothing more. I don't know what happened with your buddies, but I'm not looking long term here.

• Author
If you want a younger girl, you might want to go about it a different way than hitting on random young girls in public.

Such as?

Bear in mind I don't do prostitutes. I'm NOT necessarily LOOKING to screw a 23 year old. I'm just saying if I happen to come across one that's beautiful in a store who gives me a sweet smile. That's all I'm asking. People blow everything way out of proportion. It's a simple question. Would I have a shot? Yes or No.

• Author
Do not approach when she's shopping for underwear.

And do her a favor and don't spend 2 minutes staring at the stuff. :rolleyes:

LOL.......I wasn't planning on it, but okay.

• Author

I've had girls her age flirt with me in stores and start conversations, so it's not like it's so far out there. I suppose you'd have to be in my shoes to see what I see.

I don't know, but I don't think hitting up people is like a Folger's coffee commercial...you know.

In my experiences, when someone tries to chat me up in public it usually doesn't make me comfortable cuz it's like they're catching you off guard. You're there to shop, walk, etc. and here's some dude interrupting me.

Then, of course, you wonder if the guy is a pick-up artist.

IMO, chatting up people in a situation where you are "supposed" to be social works better (i.e. a party, club, group activity/club) cuz I think women would be more open to chatting cuz it's expected - even "if" they aren't necessarily attracted to you in particular.

• Like 1
Again, you've got that Mother Theresa thing going. Sorry, but just because you would like to spend the night with a beautiful girl doesn't make someone a jerk. I'm sure she wouldn't be looking for a relationship with me. Her motives would be as I would expect. One night, nothing more. I don't know what happened with your buddies, but I'm not looking long term here.

Actually I have this novel thing called morals and I respect women. I would hope they would have enough respect in themselves to avoid this. But what ever to each their own.

Have fun enjoy.. I tried to warn you it wont go well.

• Like 2
Bumpin in My Trunk

What a pathetic attempt at whiteknighting. If you were presented with a type of woman who just wasn't only your type, but a weakness, wouldn't you wreak that punani??? It doesn't matter if the guy is 50 or 20. We are what we are and we turn into animals when we see something we like.

• Like 1
What a pathetic attempt at whiteknighting. If you were presented with a type of woman who just wasn't only your type, but a weakness, wouldn't you wreak that punani??? It doesn't matter if the guy is 50 or 20. We are what we are and we turn into animals when we see something we like.

You know me o so well don't you? I'm 30.. I had my fun in my early 20's and at some point the lights came on and I realized what a douche I had been. I would elaborate about how much of a douche I was.. But no point to that.

There is more to life then a hot fling. I can tell you from experience I have nothing but regret from my douchebag days.

Dude your 50 and she's in her 20s let it go. Find someone your own age, you could be her grandfather practically.

• Like 1
WrinkledForehead
Dude your 50 and she's in her 20s let it go. Find someone your own age, you could be her grandfather practically.

Eh, no. That's an exaggeration. He could be a 23 year old's father, but she's old enough to be a mother and is legal.

Anyways. To lessen chances of rejection, a lady in her 30s would work better. She'd be much more receptive to any advances.

I agree with the PP who said to let it happen organically in places that social interaction would normally occur. Throw a house party, go out to eat and hit on the waitress (note to all men: if you're hitting on a waitress, leave 20-25% for a tip. Otherwise she'll think you're cheap and will never call), take a night class, et cetera.

I echo the sentiment that said when I'm in a store I'm usually on a mission of sorts and don't plan on being interrupted. If you DO decide to go with this method, make sure you talk to her the second time you are in the same aisle, but don't give it any more times than that. Don't follow her to the checkout. If you follow her or make your face seen more than twice it increases the stalker vibe.

Because the store is a place where social interactions aren't naturally occurring, the first date invite should be for a cup of coffee. That is a great scenario in which you can chat and get to know each other. Dinner is decidedly longer, and puts a bit of pressure on the lady to engage in an hour+ of conversation. Coffee can be quick.

Best of luck in your adventures!

I love the way the OP has guessed these women's ages & everyone is making a big deal over the age difference. He claims to look much younger than he is, so who's to say these women he was drooling over in the makeup aisle aren't in fact 15 years older or younger than he guesses (assuming they are women too! He was in the make up aisle.)

People guessed me to be 25 when I was 16 & 36! For the record when I was 23, if some random guy who was 50 but looked 35 hit on me in a make up aisle.. I'd have thought he was some wierdo geriatric... Coz when I was 23 I thought 35 was pretty past it.

• Like 2