My Experience on an OLD site

antonio1149

antonio1149

I joined Tinder a couple of weeks ago. Posted five photos and a brief (non-sexual) profile. I'm tall, very fit and above average in looks (lots of positive feedback on photos from other sites).

I spent hours swiping and selecting, choosing dozens if not a hundred or more women. My results so far: I've had about a dozen matches. Most are older than me. I've IM'd a few of these--they either don't respond or I get one or two responses and then they stop. A couple have contacted me, but I respond and then hear nothing from them. I was having an OK chat with one woman and I asked "What are you looking for?" She said "In terms of what?" I said "Dating." She stopped chatting and then unmatched me.

I'm amazed when I read stories here from guys who are meeting lots of women through Tinder. So far, this looks like a huge waste of time. I haven't even had a substantive conversation, let alone come close to setting up a metting.

I'm amazed when I read stories here from guys who are meeting lots of women through Tinder. So far, this looks like a huge waste of time. I haven't even had a substantive conversation, let alone come close to setting up a metting.

From what I've heard about Tinder, it is not a site designed for people looking for substantive conversations. I believe the more common approach is to almost immediately ask to meet. Either for drinks or sex. I'd suggest asking to meet for drinks until you get a better feel for the site.

• Like 1

Stick to real life dating man, don't waste your time with that online dating bs. You will get far better women in real life.

• Like 2
Stick to real life dating man, don't waste your time with that online dating bs. You will get far better women in real life.

With general online dating, I would agree with this. With Tinder, I would disagree with this.

I have met tons of girls on Tinder. Got to the point of essentially shutting it down...was getting a little out of control. No problem with the women, though. They were attractive, successful and had great personalities.

• Like 2

I got on Tinder in May and I love it. I dated a match for a little over a month.

It was great...No expectations, he was from another state really far away and I'm emotionally unavailable...so it was perfect! Nothing serious. We never even discussed feelings and emotions for each other. We just hung out and talked about a lot of BS. :D

Then he flew home and I haven't heard from him since. :laugh:

I told a coworker about it and told him he should try it out and he's having the same problem as you. I say, be patient. Seems like there are more guys on Tinder than girls. Sucks but more and more people are joing everyday. It's still really new so hang in there. Some people are on there just looking for fun some, others are on there looking for the person they want to marry.

Feel better champ.

Edited by me85
  • Like 1
What is a good opening message to say to somebody who matched you?

Hi, hello or hey.

Keep it casual.

Hi, hello or hey.

Keep it casual.

Unfortunately, I've hear that the "hello" or "hey" greetings are the worst possible thing to send a girl.

Would you seriously respond to a guy that just said "Hey" and nothing else?

• Like 1

BTW, what the heck is up with women who have two or more girls as their main picture?

If both girls are cute, I'd just swipe right and continue on. If one girl is cute and the other i not then I have to slog through her pics to find out which one she is. Most of the time she's not the cute one.

• Like 1
What is a good opening message to say to somebody who matched you?

"Want to go half on a 12 pack and an illegitimate child?"

That's my favorite. A girl responded, "yes, except the child part...I want you to cum in me and I'm on birth control". She's 22 and I'm 36. I spoke to her on the phone yesterday and we're working on plans to meet.

Another girl 28y/o, I simply asked about her career since she mentioned it in her intro. When she asked what I wanted on Tinder, I replied "I want to do unspeakable things to your body". I knew that was pushing it since we started with a normal conversation. She pulled back a little, then I asked her out on a hike. We went, and she asked to grab a few drinks afterwards. If she wasn't interested she would have never met me at all. We're still talking but our schedules aren't working right now.

Percentages for me are low but it still comes through on occasion. Bottom line, I'm suggesting you be bold.

• Like 1

I'm not going to lie. I autoswipe right on all women. Even used a FakeGPS for a while and an AutoLiker to have convo in different locations.

I'm tall, attractive, and athletic myself. I'm a black male. It seems I get a lot less matches. Usually women that have kids, are overweight, or not my type.

I've had maybe 2-3 dates on it. It's a waste of time for me to be quite honest and I do much better in real life than online.

leavesonautumn

That's my favorite. A girl responded, "yes, except the child part...I want you to cum in me and I'm on birth control". She's 22 and I'm 36. I spoke to her on the phone yesterday and we're working on plans to meet.

Another girl 28y/o, I simply asked about her career since she mentioned it in her intro. When she asked what I wanted on Tinder, I replied "I want to do unspeakable things to your body". I knew that was pushing it since we started with a normal conversation. She pulled back a little, then I asked her out on a hike. We went, and she asked to grab a few drinks afterwards. If she wasn't interested she would have never met me at all. We're still talking but our schedules aren't working right now.

Percentages for me are low but it still comes through on occasion. Bottom line, I'm suggesting you be bold.

Alright, it's settled. I'm going to use Tinder.

• Like 1

Wait....some girl told you she wanted you to pop in her, and now you're talking to each other on the phone?!

May I ask why?

Under The Radar

This sounds like a script for LIFETME NETWORK "movie of the week".

You can get away with overtly sexual stuff on Tinder. Either that or get blocked . It doesn't necessarily mean it will transpire into any sort of real life meet though.

insert_name

NEWSFLASH: If you are a guy who is basing his self-worth on tinder, then you're pretty much ****ed. And not in the way you want to be.

Unless you are in that very small bracket of men who have pics of them bare knuckle boxing with tigers in a bear pit in a country so niche no-one else has discovered it then tinder is effectively nothing but a cool little validation tool for females when they are having a fat day.

That being said, if you like aimlessly browsing a never ending gallery of women who you will never meet IRL then yeah, I guess it does have its uses.

• Like 2
Hi, hello or hey.

Keep it casual.

I don't respond to ANYONE who writes "hi" "hello" or "hey."

I'm sorry but it's the laziest way to talk to someone. Especially since it's texting on a keyboard. How hard is it to move your thumbs around and poke a few more keys??

• Like 1
Even used a FakeGPS for a while and an AutoLiker to have convo in different locations.

Huh. Interesting.

This probably explains what happened with one guy I was talking to on Tinder. Had some good convo and our first date came around and he had to cancel. We rescheduled. Second time around, he cancelled. Both reasons were really stupid too, and it was obvious he was stalling and BSing me with meeting... but I didn't know him so whatever. Sure you get your second chance. After the second time he was done. Saw a few days later him logged on about 650 miles away.

Wait....some girl told you she wanted you to pop in her, and now you're talking to each other on the phone?!

May I ask why?

Some people like them stiddy's.

FortunateSon

I have been really disappointed with tinder, I haven't actually met anyone yet, despite getting a decent amount if matches. I much prefer "traditional" OLD like match where I have had a lot more success.

truth_seeker

I've matched with 30+ women on Tinder.

Went on 3 dates.

1) nice woman but no connection

2) woman was a bitch and I walked out.

3) had a nice date, we're friend's on FB now and chat here and there - possibly might hook up again in the future.

I've had several unmatch me after simply saying "Hi, how are you." There are some real lunatics on Tinder and don't take it very seriously at all. The women who write on their bio "I'm not interested in a hook up" are full of sh-t.

NEWSFLASH: If you are a guy who is basing his self-worth on tinder, then you're pretty much ****ed. And not in the way you want to be.

Unless you are in that very small bracket of men who have pics of them bare knuckle boxing with tigers in a bear pit in a country so niche no-one else has discovered it then tinder is effectively nothing but a cool little validation tool for females when they are having a fat day.

That being said, if you like aimlessly browsing a never ending gallery of women who you will never meet IRL then yeah, I guess it does have its uses.

What are you talking about? I meet tons of women on Tinder. It's ridiculous. I won't even message a woman first, and I still meet more women than I can handle. Its a great way to meet women.