First date tonight

tomtheman1234

tomtheman1234

Long story short this new friend of mine heard that I was single and looking to find my Miss Right so he asked if it would be ok to send my Facebook page to this lady he knows. So he did and 3 weeks later I get a friends request from her on Facebook and for the last 5 days we have been chatting on Facebook and we have so much in common and we are going on a date to the movies tonight.

I want to make the best impression tonight. I just wonder should I take flowers or chocolates or both or nothing? Should I play for her movie ticket?

Any tips for this date would be great as I think I want to try and make this date work.

PegNosePete

I wouldn't take any gifts on a first date. What is she going to do with a bunch of flowers in a movie theatre? Yes paying for the date is usually the guys job even in this age of gender "equality".

• Author
tomtheman1234

I am picking her up from her house and not meeting her at the cinema. When I said I will buy you some popcorn at the cinema she said to buy it from the shops as its cheaper so I will be coming with some snacks for the movies. Thanks for the info. I was planning to pay for her movie ticket.

I am so bad at chatting up ladies face to face but for some reason chatting on Facebook has been pretty easy really. Just hope my nerves do not kick in tonight.

Edited by tomtheman1234

No flowers or gifts this early.

Dress nicely. Put some effort into your outfit. Be a few minutes early to her location but don't ring the bell until exactly on time.

Open doors for her. Do pay for the movie tickets.

Be careful about the outside food in the theater. It's not allowed around here & they can ask you to leave for "smuggling".

If the evening goes well, do try for a kiss goodnight even if it's on the cheek.