Had a really good date tonight

music_and_poetry

music_and_poetry

Sooo him and I broke up five weeks ago and have been NC throughout. Even though I am still healing from the hurt, I decided I could handle dating again. I joined the website POF and have been talking to guys.

I exchanged a few messages with a guy who lives in my town and we decided to meet at a local bar/restaurant for dinner on a whim (since we literally live 5 minutes apart).

The evening went better than I thought! I didn't know much about this guy initially but there was instant chemistry. We had so much to talk about and we talked for four hours straight! We stayed until the restaurant closed! We also took a walk around the downtown area after leaving the restaurant.

He's really handsome and smart. We had great conversations and he's a good listener too. I guess I'm surprised at how well it really went. I even let him kiss me at the end of the night. Not sure if we'll have a second date but I want to!

I'm just really really surprised at how much I enjoyed myself!

• Like 2

Good for you!

They say the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else ;)

Seriously though, just roll with it. Keep enjoying yourself. Life throws us pleasant little surprises sometimes and it's our job to take them.

• Like 2
  • Author
music_and_poetry

Yeah he was just a total gentleman, I do hope we have a second date, we'll see :)

deathandtaxes
Yeah he was just a total gentleman, I do hope we have a second date, we'll see :)

Why are you 'not sure' about a second date? Why do you 'hope' for a second date? If you want a second date, TELL HIM you want to see him again!! :)

It's always nice to read the successful dates on this site. Thanks, OP!

• Author
music_and_poetry
Why are you 'not sure' about a second date? Why do you 'hope' for a second date? If you want a second date, TELL HIM you want to see him again!! :)

It's always nice to read the successful dates on this site. Thanks, OP!

I'm not sure, I did tell him I had a great time, thanked him, and said I hoped to get together again. There seemed to be a spark, conversation flowed easily, and we had a pretty nice kiss at the end of the night. We exchanged numbers and he sent a text after walking me home saying he had a fun time and was glad we met up. It's been about a day since. Haven't heard anything about arranging a second date. I don't know if that's a sign that maybe he's not feeling it the way I was, or maybe I just need to wait a couple of days and I'll hear from him in time. What do you think?

leavesonautumn

In my opinion, just take this one easy and roll with it naturally. Don't worry about texting and only use it as the tool to meet up. You could potentially lose something if you spend a lot of time communicating through text. However, there's nothing stopping you from texting him to set up a second date. Go for it!

He could be busy, he could be working, it could literally be anything. It sounds as if you both enjoyed yourself so that's awesome. Even if nothing comes of this at least you have the comfort in knowing that you are enjoying yourself and not entirely hooked on your ex.

I dated a guy for about a month and we would go a few days without talking. It didn't bother me, I could tell he was still interested in me but I ultimately ended it for other reasons.

deathandtaxes
I'm not sure, I did tell him I had a great time, thanked him, and said I hoped to get together again. There seemed to be a spark, conversation flowed easily, and we had a pretty nice kiss at the end of the night. We exchanged numbers and he sent a text after walking me home saying he had a fun time and was glad we met up. It's been about a day since. Haven't heard anything about arranging a second date. I don't know if that's a sign that maybe he's not feeling it the way I was, or maybe I just need to wait a couple of days and I'll hear from him in time. What do you think?

IMO, you were too passive in your telling him you hoped to get together again. To me, as a guy, that's just smoke and bs. It's a polite response, but a noncommittal one. If you had said, let's go do blah blah next Saturday, then that would indicate very clear intention. The fact that he didn't try to arrange a second date is also indicative of lukewarm interest. When I am really interested in seeing a lady, I let her know by the end of the first date!

If he hasn't asked you out within a day of the last date, I think he's waiting on other things or just isn't interested. By all means text him, or better yet call him, today! :)

• Author
music_and_poetry
IMO, you were too passive in your telling him you hoped to get together again. To me, as a guy, that's just smoke and bs. It's a polite response, but a noncommittal one. If you had said, let's go do blah blah next Saturday, then that would indicate very clear intention. The fact that he didn't try to arrange a second date is also indicative of lukewarm interest. When I am really interested in seeing a lady, I let her know by the end of the first date!

If he hasn't asked you out within a day of the last date, I think he's waiting on other things or just isn't interested. By all means text him, or better yet call him, today! :)

Interesting opinion, I am wondering if anyone else would support this idea? I'm not saying it's wrong, I just know as girls we're told to sit back and let the men do the initiating so as not to come off as desperate or needy.