What do you think of this text convo?

Ashley S

This is a continuation of the "Is he trying to make me jealous?" post. Ok, I am just wondering now if he is just really interested in this girl or if he is trying to make me jealous. I need honest opinions on this, I will not consider him, I am just honestly wondering what other people think about it. So I look at my brother's text conversation with him and here it was.

*sends pics of the girl*

My bro- She's hot bro!

Friend- Yeah man and non dramatic too! She's so nice and definitely really pretty

My bro-That's good

Friend- She's good, She's good she's got a kid... uh oh!

My bro- So do you! You're soulmates!

Friend- Right! Looks like we're going to have to go up to Canada with you!

My bro-Huh? What?

That was the end of the convo. First of all I noticed there was no prior convo to this he just sends the random pics to my brother out of nowhere. The last convo they had was a month ago and it was about work, that is how much he is not really close to my brother. Also him and this girl are all over each other on Facebook, they are constantly commenting and liking each other's posts. So I still don't know if he is just trying to make me jealous? Or if he really likes this girl and is just flaunting her? But he seems to be trying to make a point somewhere. I don't get why though he told my dad that sent pics to my brother of this "hot girl" He is really flaunting her and bragging it seems but I can't tell if it's because he's infatuated or trying to make jealous?. So what do you get from this? Just curious. Don't tell me to "move on" or "who cares" Cause I am not considering him, I am honestly just curious. Thank you so much and sorry if I sound rude.

Edited by Ashley S
Typo
WhiskeyJack

For someone who "doesn't care, cause I'm not considering him" you are sure acting like you do actually care, and that this is actually bothering you.

You already know this, but he's trying to make you jealous. And it seems to be working.

• Like 1
  • Author
For someone who "doesn't care, cause I'm not considering him" you are sure acting like you do actually care, and that this is actually bothering you.

You already know this, but he's trying to make you jealous. And it seems to be working.

I asked because I am wondering if it sounds like he's making me jealous or if he is genuinely interested in the other girl and he is just flaunting her or bragging about her cause he is so infatuated. I really don't know, but just wanted to know what other people thought, but thank you!

WhiskeyJack

It could really be either one or both. But it really sounds like he is going out of his way to try and make sure you know about this girl.

• Like 1
  • Author
It could really be either one or both. But it really sounds like he is going out of his way to try and make sure you know about this girl.

Yes I agree!

ExpatInItaly

You are way too invested in this guy. And why are you asking your brother to read his text conversation? Let go, girl. You're participating in this drama now. And I'm sorry, I don't really believe that you're just curious. I think you still like him, and want us to tell you that he's trying to make you jealous. Whatever his intentions are, it's working. If you're trying to move past this, asking your brother to show you his text convo with this person is not the way to do it.

For the record, I think it's both: he's interested in this girl and he's not trying to hide it either. The fact that it makes you jealous is gravy for him.

Do people really lead such shallow lives that every emotional nuance depends on what texts people send each other? No wonder we have so many crazy mixed-up kids. They have no clue what 'the art of talking' actually means. All this "What does he mean? Why did he say....?"....Really? it matters that much?? Does it ever occur to anyone to actually say something?

• Author
You are way too invested in this guy. And why are you asking your brother to read his text conversation? Let go, girl. You're participating in this drama now. And I'm sorry, I don't really believe that you're just curious. I think you still like him, and want us to tell you that he's trying to make you jealous. Whatever his intentions are, it's working. If you're trying to move past this, asking your brother to show you his text convo with this person is not the way to do it.

For the record, I think it's both: he's interested in this girl and he's not trying to hide it either. The fact that it makes you jealous is gravy for him.

I am trying to let go. It's hard, and I can't explain it. I don't want certain answers, I just wanted honest opinions if people think he is trying to make me jealous or not? I am not going after him and I am still not talking to him. I understand what you are saying....and I am fully aware that he is just a jerk and that it would never work between us, I do have feelings but I know to let go, it's a force. I just wanted a lot of opinions on this to see what people thought. It's not a thing where I want people to say what I want to hear. Cause it doesn't matter, it's as clear as day that clearly I don't matter to him.

• Author
Do people really lead such shallow lives that every emotional nuance depends on what texts people send each other? No wonder we have so many crazy mixed-up kids. They have no clue what 'the art of talking' actually means. All this "What does he mean? Why did he say....?"....Really? it matters that much?? Does it ever occur to anyone to actually say something?

It's more complicated than you think. It would take forever telling the whole story but I get what you're saying. If only it was that easy to me lol! :)

ExpatInItaly
I am trying to let go. It's hard, and I can't explain it. I don't want certain answers, I just wanted honest opinions if people think he is trying to make me jealous or not? I am not going after him and I am still not talking to him. I understand what you are saying....and I am fully aware that he is just a jerk and that it would never work between us, I do have feelings but I know to let go, it's a force. I just wanted a lot of opinions on this to see what people thought. It's not a thing where I want people to say what I want to hear. Cause it doesn't matter, it's as clear as day that clearly I don't matter to him.

How did you get your hands on that text conversation?

chimpanA-2-chimpanZ

I think this is narcissism on your part. He may have had feelings for you in the past but he isn't going to be so petty as to stage a happy new relationship just to piss you off. You are the one looking at your brother's texts; this guy is not trying to make you jealous.