Any guys here ride motorcycles? Need gift idea for bf's bday.

jinjin113

Ok, so I have no idea where to post this on loveshack, but I figured I'd try my luck here instead of joining an entirely new forum. My boyfriend's birthday is next month and I have no idea what to get him. The only thing I can come up with is maybe something motorcycle related? If there are any guys...or girls....who ride motorcycles here that could give me an idea of what would be a good gift, I'd really appreciate it! My budget is about $200-$400. He doesn't currently have a bike now, but is looking to get another one soon. The one he used to have was a Kawasaki Ninja 650r. He's turning 32. Maybe a nice jacket or gloves (what would be a really nice brand for this?) ? Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

It really depends upon if you want to buy him something for himself, or for the bike.

It also depends upon the bike. I ride Cruisers, it sounds as if he rides sport bikes. Sportbikes are notoriously low on carrying capacity, so depending on how he's going to ride it, getting some leather to carry things would be nice. On a sport bike I'd see if you can find a nice leather tank bib with a pocket. That could come in handy for holding a cell phone, gps, or wallet. Whatever he likes.

Does he wear a helmet? If so a new helmet is a nice gift. A good, well made helmet isn't cheap, and they are always appreciated. At least by those of us that wear helmets. I have 3, depending upon the weather and the occasion.

Edited by BikerAccnt
  • Author

Thanks for the input! I like the bib idea, just not sure what kind of bike he will be getting and I want it to fit. I was thinking maybe a helmet. Hard to pick one though. Maybe I'll try going to a store (I'm in Los Angeles) and getting some recommendations and then he can always take it back if it doesn't work out. Another idea is the Go Pro HERO3+ Silver Edition Camera ($300).....I've seen some reviews that this is a good camera to capture footage while riding? What do you think?

I actually have the Hero3+silver . I use the telescoping clamp mount on one of my lightbars. I've gotten some great footage from it. Good idea if he's into photography/video's at all!

Here's a quick edit I thru together of my club's ride this spring. Mount was a bit shaky on this one, and I didn't use the the highest res, but it will give you an idea.

Edited by BikerAccnt