Guys, do you get a lot more attention when you are out with a blonde?

Ian Fleming

Ian Fleming

I have mostly dated brunettes and a redhead before meeting my current girlfriend. For some unknown reason, I didn't get that much attention or hostility when I was dating brunettes or even when I was dating a redhead. Some minor background information on me, I am a guy of indian heritage and I have only dated white girls in the past. Usually I would just hook up with blondes for short term encounters and date brunettes which worked out well but right now I am with a blonde.

Whenever I have been out with a brunette in the past, no one has even noticed or comment which I preferred because I hate attention. Right now I am dating a blonde and it seems like we catch a lot of guys staring in our direction and a few times male strangers have tried to test me. Plenty of guys will comment saying "oh you must be doing well in life" and some have tried to almost make me feel guilty for dating her.

It never happened when I dated a brunette or even a redhead but it has happened when I am dating a blonde. Kinda opened my eyes up a bit about life because I look around and I rarely if ever see an attractive blonde going interracial in general let alone with a guy that happens to look a bit foreign.

Your question totally doesn't apply to me since I am a woman, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is all in your head based on your mindset as evidenced by your posting history.

• Like 6

I am naturally a brunette, but for years now I dye my hair blonde and I have to say YES I do get way more attention from guys hands down. And yes I notice it too, and have been told by others, when men see a fine mane of blonde hair their heads snap around to check them out.

OP, it may be a racial thing that you're noticing when there is a more obvious indication of differing race/ethnicity, sorry to say. There is more "contrast" so you become more visible.

But yes, I have noticed that when I'm out and about with a very attractive, nicely dressed blonde, I get more looks than when I'm out with an equivalent brunette, and I'm Caucasian. Actually, perhaps it was only partly their hair color because the blondes were over 20 years younger than me and the looks were mostly dirty looks from women with husbands in tow. :laugh:

• Like 2

Depends where you come from. :laugh:Where I live in the UK, it's mostly blondes, and I mean a ton of blondes, so naturally brunettes and redheads get more attention.

• Like 1
  • Author
Ian Fleming
Depends where you come from. :laugh:Where I live in the UK, it's mostly blondes, and I mean a ton of blondes, so naturally brunettes and redheads get more attention.

how is the dating culture of the UK? I heard women there go crazy for black men but hate anyone that isn't white or black (so that includes pakistanis, arabs, indians, asians, and so on)

You are too focused on:

race

hair color

and

what everyone else is thinking and doing.

How about this? Meet someone you like. Her race or hair color isn't important.

Get to know her. If you like her, keep dating her. If other guys flirt with her, pay attention to how she responds. If you like how she responds, keep dating her. If people say rude or inappropriate things to you about your races or relationship status, distance yourself from those people.

• Like 2

Stop doing research. Do more passive research.

how is the dating culture of the UK? I heard women there go crazy for black men but hate anyone that isn't white or black (so that includes pakistanis, arabs, indians, asians, and so on)
  • Author
Ian Fleming
OP, it may be a racial thing that you're noticing when there is a more obvious indication of differing race/ethnicity, sorry to say. There is more "contrast" so you become more visible.

But yes, I have noticed that when I'm out and about with a very attractive, nicely dressed blonde, I get more looks than when I'm out with an equivalent brunette, and I'm Caucasian. Actually, perhaps it was only partly their hair color because the blondes were over 20 years younger than me and the looks were mostly dirty looks from women with husbands in tow. :laugh:

Yes, a lot of the brunettes I dated also had tans and weren't the pale skinned freckled ones. One was half italian and half greek so we almost looked like the same race, no one considered us interracial.

As for the hair color comment, I love blondes and plan to stay with my girlfriend even though it is tough given how racist society can be. Race also matters to me as I tend to exclusively date white girls, just not that romantically interested in girls that are from minority backgrounds.

My friend is of Fijian background, dating only white chicks, mostly blonde. He has never dated anyone within his race, and no one here (Canada) gives a crap about it. You date whomever you want, no one notices.

• Author
Ian Fleming
My friend is of Fijian background, dating only white chicks, mostly blonde. He has never dated anyone within his race, and no one here (Canada) gives a crap about it. You date whomever you want, no one notices.

I am a bit shocked at that. Given the high asian population in Canada I wouldn't doubt that some people have a lot to say about it. My personal experience has been that whites do not care as much when a white person goes interracial but mostly minorities are the ones who are angry about it. As an indian dating a white woman I have received the most backlash from minorities, especially women from minority groups who feel that I should be dating them and not some white woman. Yet everyone wants to paint whites as the racists.

I'm Asian. My SO is white. And blond. And significantly older than me. Apparently people can't help but stare and wonder. It's often fun to see people's faces trying to figure out what our deal is. My personal favorite is the adopted Asian son.

• Like 3
  • Author
Ian Fleming
I'm Asian. My SO is white. And blond. And significantly older than me. Apparently people can't help but stare and wonder. It's often fun to see people's faces trying to figure out what our deal is. My personal favorite is the adopted Asian son.

I wish I knew more guys like you. It seems like when asians, indians, and browner latinos date white women we get so much hate for it. A black guy might get hate behind closed doors but not out in public.

Then again, I do not see many asians, indians, or browner latinos with white women. Had to made sure to put browner because latino is an ethnicity, I have known white latinos who date white women but that is no different than some anglo white guy doing so.

I am a bit shocked at that. Given the high asian population in Canada I wouldn't doubt that some people have a lot to say about it. My personal experience has been that whites do not care as much when a white person goes interracial but mostly minorities are the ones who are angry about it. As an indian dating a white woman I have received the most backlash from minorities, especially women from minority groups who feel that I should be dating them and not some white woman. Yet everyone wants to paint whites as the racists.

Canada is very muli-cultural and for some time now, so mixing of cultures and races is now the norm. We are so liberal, and that would be part of the appeal to be living here. Our only concern is beer and hockey.

Note: Ya I know south asians like to throw the racist card at us whities here but we don't buy that excuse.

All cultures have there hates, and don't likes of other cultures. Yet the white race always gets the bad rap.

StoneCold 2.0
Canada is very muli-cultural and for some time now, so mixing of cultures and races is now the norm. We are so liberal, and that would be part of the appeal to be living here. Our only concern is beer and hockey.

I'm in Canada too but I would have to disagree....ultimately

People here SEEM to be a lot more liberal because people here are generally non confrontational and tend to keep things more to themselves. The operative word there is....."seem".

Ultimately I don't care what others think...but I just felt maybe I should add a bit more to your statement

• Like 1
WrinkledForehead
I wish I knew more guys like you. It seems like when asians, indians, and browner latinos date white women we get so much hate for it. A black guy might get hate behind closed doors but not out in public.

Then again, I do not see many asians, indians, or browner latinos with white women. Had to made sure to put browner because latino is an ethnicity, I have known white latinos who date white women but that is no different than some anglo white guy doing so.

Meh. I'm in the US and my ex is a brown Latino and I'm Caucasian. We have two kids. I can't say that anyone really batted an eyelash or paid us extra attention due to our skin color.

It is weird that you simply assume it must be because she is blonde. I assume she may have different features, maybe a different presence, different other things that may also be the reason...or as mammasita said it could all be in your head.

But I could be biased as I prefer darker hair and darker features and so for me I've never understood the whole notion of blonde being some kind of ideal beauty type as for me most women I think are beautiful or would want to look like or something all have dark hair...so if my head is gonna turn for a woman lol she most times will not be blonde.

• Like 1
I'm in Canada too but I would have to disagree....ultimately

People here SEEM to be a lot more liberal because people here are generally non confrontational and tend to keep things more to themselves. The operative word there is....."seem".

Ultimately I don't care what others think...but I just felt maybe I should add a bit more to your statement

People are allowed to have an opinion sure (it's a free country), but racists are those WHO hate. So it's not a bad thing that we don't approve of something, it's a bad thing we force it upon others and cause a hostile enviroment....that's what makes us Canadian....tolerance.

Michelle ma Belle

I'm a natural brunette but since my mother was a hairdresser, I've been all shades including platinum blonde.

The result? I've always gotten attention regardless of my hair color. In fact, if I HAD to pick which hair color got me the most attention (and fun) I'd say it was whenever I was a brunette, definitely.

There goes your theory :p

Is it just my hair color that commands attention or another attribute, physical or otherwise is anyone's guess. Only the men know.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say the latter.

The same with your girlfriend.

Glinda.Good

I think I've received the most attention when I dated a guy who was bald and had his entire scalp covered with a tattoo of an intricate spider web.

• Like 1
  • Author
Ian Fleming

Let me put it this way, some of the brunettes I have dated could pass for mixed race, latinas, or some kind of exotic white women, get what I am saying? Like exotic in the sense they looked more Mediterranean and most people did not think we were an interracial couple at all. Think along the lines of Monica Bellucci or a younger Marina Sartis, no one really cared. In the past I have not dated blondes, most of the times my relationships with them were casual sex and one night stands. My girlfriend is the first blonde I have ever been in a relationship with and it does feel a lot more different.