Follow up after first date

Anthonyr71

I met a girl for a first date this week through OLD. The night went well, we met for drinks at a local brewery and spent a few hours chatting (no awkward silences, interesting conversation, a bit of teasing/laughing, etc). We seemed to have a lot in common and got along really well. At the end of the night she said she hoped we could do something again soon which I took as a good sign.

The next day I asked her to dinner for a second date - we agreed on a day but she did mention that she might have to do something with a family member who was in town. I texted her the morning that we were supposed to go out and she cancelled because of this conflict. My question is this - she cancelled without suggesting a different day to meet up, how bad of a sign is this? I feel like if she was really interested in meeting again she would've made an effort to offer a different day that she was free. She doesn't seem very responsive over text (this was the case before and after the first date), I don't know if that's just her style or if it's due to a lack of interest.

Just wondering how I should take this - should I move on or make another attempt to arrange a second date? I am interested in seeing her again but don't want to be too pushy about it.

I met a girl for a first date this week through OLD. The night went well, we met for drinks at a local brewery and spent a few hours chatting (no awkward silences, interesting conversation, a bit of teasing/laughing, etc). We seemed to have a lot in common and got along really well. At the end of the night she said she hoped we could do something again soon which I took as a good sign.

The next day I asked her to dinner for a second date - we agreed on a day but she did mention that she might have to do something with a family member who was in town. I texted her the morning that we were supposed to go out and she cancelled because of this conflict. My question is this - she cancelled without suggesting a different day to meet up, how bad of a sign is this? I feel like if she was really interested in meeting again she would've made an effort to offer a different day that she was free. She doesn't seem very responsive over text (this was the case before and after the first date), I don't know if that's just her style or if it's due to a lack of interest.

Just wondering how I should take this - should I move on or make another attempt to arrange a second date? I am interested in seeing her again but don't want to be too pushy about it.

It sounds like she might not be interested. Women tend to take a lot of interviews even if they don't want the job. I'd wait a few days, make another quick text with a specific date idea, maybe something she said she enjoyed doing.

I know this is hindsight, but for future use: ask for that second date at the end of the first if you are interested. It might seem pushy in your head but its really not. I found it to qualm any of those after first date uncertainties that are so damn painful. Either way, you know where you stand! Good Luck!

Yeah, she should have suggest some other time.

Yeah, you want to see some other women

nack off of her, she'll contact you, if anything

I think you played it the right way. It just happens sometimes. I've had a long line of first dates that never panned out.

AND they HAVE ended with kisses or hearing from them how much fun they have had and wanting to do it again. Or texts when they get home with a million smiley faces. It means nothing.

To me the only good indicator of a decent first date, is a second date. The best indicator of a GREAT first date, is a third date.