how to tell a girl youll be ready in a few weeks

natwilliams

natwilliams

Is there a way to tell a girl that you just barely started to date and share attraction that you need a few weeks before seeing each other? Another girl that I've been wanting for a long time just opened up to me but it will only be a fling since she is moving in 3 weeks. Besides I prefer brief relationships right now. I know I should say something to the first girl rather than just play distant. Maybe distant for 2-3 days and then something like ' sorry I've been so Mia... This is a super busy time for me suddenly and I don't want to false start things. Can we hang out later this month?'

So you don't have time for one girl because you're busy messing around with another? If she's smart she'll figure out why. If it was me I'd prefer the guy to be honest and say he's seeing someone else. I mean your basically telling her she's the second choice either way. She will probably move on by then if she has options. A guy did this to me he went poof instead of just saying he was seeing someone. Then he came back expecting to start things up again. I gave him the boot. Had he been honest and not just disappeared I probably would have gave him a chance because I understand sometimes you meet people at a bad time.

• Like 2
WhatYouWantToHear

"I really want to date you, but I feel bad if I do because I'm going to be banging this other chick for the next 3 weeks. You understand of course."

That would be the correct way (aka honesty). Now, what you want to hear is a near-lie that your concious will allow you to tell without thinking you actually lied. If your not creative enough to come up with a near-lie that will allow you to trick yourself morally, then we won't be able to help you craft that near-lie.

• Like 1
Is there a way to tell a girl that you just barely started to date and share attraction that you need a few weeks before seeing each other? Another girl that I've been wanting for a long time just opened up to me but it will only be a fling since she is moving in 3 weeks. Besides I prefer brief relationships right now. I know I should say something to the first girl rather than just play distant. Maybe distant for 2-3 days and then something like ' sorry I've been so Mia... This is a super busy time for me suddenly and I don't want to false start things. Can we hang out later this month?'

What the actual....? Are you serious?! You're either in, or you're not. Don't mess with a young lady this way. You either say yes, or no, but not "hang onto this piece of string while I keep you dangling, and have fun over in this corner with Minute Minnie... she won't keep me long, she's moving away, so I just want to make sure I can bang her before I come back to you and do likewise...." My reply to you wouldn't be very polite, to be honest... :mad:

• Like 2

You could always use the "I'd like to take things slow" line on the new girl. Whenever I hear that from a woman, I assume that means she is not done banging some other guy. Three weeks is not very long to put her off.

Do people not have any morals anymore. Seriously you want to ride one woman and have the other just happily wait on standby until your done. Pick a lady, treat her as such and there's a less of a chance one of those women figuring it out and beat you with your own testicles.

• Like 6

I don't see anything wrong with telling her "I'm seeing someone right now who is moving away in three weeks. I don't want to do anything to hurt her, but we are breaking up once she moves."

• Like 1

You can start by being fully honest with both girls, and not hiding the truth for your own personal gains.

starrynightz45

The utter lack of morals here is unbelievable.

"What do I tell girl 1 to keep her hanging around, while I have fun banging girl 2 until she leaves, because at some point I'd also like to bang girl 1."

Regardless of what "excuse" you decide to go with, I sincerely hope she's intelligent enough to pick up on being your 2nd choice rag doll, and that she loses your number.

• Like 1

I think you just straightup tell girl #2 the deal.

That way she knows what you're like from the get go and can leave you behind before she invests anything.

Lernaean_Hydra

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm as morally bankrupt as it comes but this is so low the last vestiges of my sense of decency is rearing its ugly head. Are you really asking this right now?

Best case scenario, you tell her you're wrapping things up with someone else but in a few weeks time it'll be done for good. She should know what that means and the choice will be hers to wait around enjoying the silence until you return or move on.

Whatever you do, please don't pull a temporary fade out on girl 2 then come back in nearly a month when the rodeo's left town with some lame ass "oh I've just been so busy" excuse. It's 2014. Social media and mobile phones are alive and well so any girl worth her salt (or over the age of 13) will know that is complete bull***** immediately. Don't insult her intelligence like that.

Edited by Lernaean_Hydra
  • Like 1
deathandtaxes

Do what you will OP, but do you really want to start something with a chick with a LIE? Is that how you want to start a relationship? Answer that question, and you have your answer.

• Like 1
  • Author
natwilliams

Ok so I told the girl that I am seeing someone. She's a little upset. I didnt' say she's moving soon because that seemed too plan-oriented. Should I tell her that we're ending things?

Later on if you truly still like the girl ask her out. Just don't lead her on right now. Let her make the call if she wants to bother with you in the future. Maybe she will be available maybe not.