When should I ask her?

So there is this girl that I work with and I am having trouble asking her on a date. We both work at a grocery store, in separate departments and she usually works mornings and I work afternoon/nights. I will also only have this job for less than one more month so I am perfectly fine with dating her, but that also means I have sort of a time limit.

When she first started working and I met her, three weeks ago, she was really cute to me and I was 100% sure she was into me. Then there were two weeks in which we were not scheduled the same time. Today was the first day in a long time that we were scheduled together and I was going to ask her on a date, but every time I tried to say hello or smiled at her, I felt ignored. However I would catch her looking at me quite a bit so I feel like she might just be shy or maybe intimidated since I wasn’t great at making it obvious I was into her a couple weeks ago like she did to me. I have a hard time being playful or flirty at work because I take my job seriously. However I didn’t ask her on a date since I was receiving this behavior.

Right now I see myself with four options.

1. Show up early on Sunday. I start at 4pm, she gets off at 3pm. However it might come off as creepy if I wait.

2. On Tuesday, our shifts overlap for 1 hour and I could just ask during work.

3. I could send her a facebook invite or call her, I haven’t yet but her number is posted at work. Calling her when she hasn’t given me her number herself seems creepy though.

4. Then I could just not ask her at all, but I figure this is a bad idea since why not, the worse she can say is no.

Also I was wondering what would be a good way to ask her on a date. I was gonna say something like “Hey do you always work mornings? That’s a shame because I would like to get to know you more. Maybe you could give me your number and we could set something up.”

Griesfootball

Do whatever seems natural to you but I would go with number 2. On a regular work day she might find it cute and surprising when you say you want to go out with her sometime.

That little set up at the end to ask her number, sounds perfectly fine OP.

Youve answered your own question.

Good job backing off when she was giving you the cold shoulder too.. Thats kinda weird.

- Cant ask out a girl thats being just plain rude for no reason at all

• Author

I just got off work at 4 and she gets off at 5. Is it creepy to wait an hour in the parking lot to ask for her number? I only work two more weeks and we are no longer scheduled together. I feel like this might be my only chance.

Edit: I could say something like I thought this would be inappropriate todo at work, but I thought you were adorable and wanted to get to know you more.

I think saying someone you barely know is adorable is creepy....

But go ahead and wait to ask for a date.

• Like 2

It's not that bad . . .

be clear & straightforward when you ask. If she doesn't accept, remain calm & polite & be professional for the remainder of the time you continue to work together.

Dont explain yourself.

Just say hey, I'd like to talk to you out of work sometime. Whats your number?"

Dont wanna be too blunt, but cut the "adorable" stuff out man.:rolleyes: I consider myself a feminist, imagine is she was a feminist?

Good luck

• Author

Long story short, I waited and she was 10-15 minutes late and I felt like a stalker of some sort. Therefore, I chickened out :/