On the verge of break up or broke up..? Don't know what happening

Before I start its a bit of a long story and to let yous know we are both 22 and been together 1.5 years

Sunday night we were out and it was good but we got to pub and there was this guy their and she said her was an a**hole. She persistently told me this before. Later on he came and started talking to us and they to had a good laugh and he asked her to buy him a drink and she did. Despite she has no job and has very little money she can't afford to do things with me . Anyway me n her went to the dance floor n I leave to get a drink and literally straight away this guy comes in like a hawk n starts dancing with her! I was raging! I was left standing there on the dance floor myself looking like a idiot. They weren't grinding or anything. I just walked out and she chased me we argued.

Next day we argued and I told her she never shown me respect and passed my boundaries. She told me I had OCD regarding respect and boundaries.

On Tuesday she just text me saying we need to talk about this relationship, it isn't the same as it was blah blah. I asked ' how is not working' and she replied you know it isn't. We have hardly ever argued but recently we have had a few fallouts on nights out and through drink. We've be made up before after these nights out but says she hates going on them with me because drink changes me.

Personally I want this to still to work out but obviously have to work a lot on my self and respect my self not to let this happen again.

Yesterday she messaged me going mentally because I asked a mutual friend about what she was upto and stuff. She sent me a message asking why I went behind her back and seemed information about her. I ignored that text and haven't heard anything back. I've been told to go into no contact for the time being to.

I know she isn't seeing anyone else and there isn't anyone in the picture so what should I do?

PegNosePete

Working on your own self respect will not prevent her from disrespecting you, by buying drinks for other guys and dancing with them.

Sounds like she is not committed to you and has no respect for you or your relationship.

Time to move on.

So in front of you... she buys him a drink and dances with him?

What is it you want to work on, making more money so that she can pay for more drinks for him?

You know how you make this not happen again, ditch her. She obviously disrespected you by buying this guy a drink and dancing with him when it obviously bothered you. You take her back or "forgive her", all you are telling her is that it is okay to do this again. All she will get is a "slap on the wrist".

No women I've ever gone out with for OVER a year would even fathom doing anything like this. She clearly has 0 respect for the relationship... so, there is no relationship.

You've outgrown each other. you're no longer the people you used to be.

Things have changed, and it's time to move on, and give you both the freedom to do what you enjoy doing. Because you sure as hell ain't enjoying this, at all. Are you?

GorillaTheater

I see a lot of guys clinging to Lost Cause relationships, where the girl doesn't want to do the "dirty work" of breaking up cleanly and resorts to making the relationship uglier and uglier. The guy doesn't take the hint and winds up clinging on all the harder until everything ends in a thermonuclear explosion.

Don't be that guy. Recognize that the relationship has stopped being healthy and take the lead to end it in a respectful, calm way.

• Like 1

Sounds like you get jealous a lot. OP

I guess you do need to work on yourself

Find out why youre not confident enough to let things be

Shes a grown woman, she's going to do what you want to do, getting jealous is just going to drive her away, you can either trust her, or break it off with her

• Author
You've outgrown each other. you're no longer the people you used to be.

Things have changed, and it's time to move on, and give you both the freedom to do what you enjoy doing. Because you sure as hell ain't enjoying this, at all. Are you?

Nah I ain't enjoying this at all. I have already emotionally starting distancing myself from her however a conclusion needs to be drawn and I don't know why I just can't bring myself to end it when she clearly is disrespecting me big time. When any other girl has done something I don't like I always dumped or next but I can't understand why I have bother with this one.