Am I expecting too much?

Terrorblade

Terrorblade

Hi folks.

I met this girl a couple of weeks ago on a social networking website. We decided to meet up on a weekend. I went to her place, we had lunch and then saw a movie. She then asked me to stay the night.

We sat up talking that night. She told me that her previous boyfriends had not been very nice to her and that she had been "stupid" in choosing them and being so much in love. She's good company, funny and nice (I've dated enough women to not run after looks, and the fact that she is pretty is not the only reason I like her).

Long story short.. we were sitting close and started making out. Ended up having sex on the first date. She told me that she did not want a relationship (she told me the longest she has been with someone is a couple of months, and she broke up with the last dude 2 months back) because she did not want to be needy. But then she told me that she liked me, and that we would meet up next weekend.

I left next afternoon, and we kept talking on text the entire day. NOTHING about the sex we had, but it was more about how much she missed me and wanted to see me soon. I admit that I like her, and I want to know her better, so I was glad to see that she felt the same way. However, when we were talking the next day, she told me that we were going too fast and our chats were getting "too romantic", and that she wanted us to slow down. I was taken aback, but then she had mentioned this first so I did not push her about this.

However, after telling me this, she has stopped texting me. I am usually the one who initiates these conversations, and it seems like she is not so keen on talking. I am choosy with the women I date, but I fall for them easily. It was the first time I had sex on the first date.. and yes (like other guys would tell me) I don't want to "hit it and quit it" and want to see her again.

However, the way she is behaving makes me wonder, because she was all romantic even after we had sex. I haven't texted her a lot since then, and she cancelled our plan to meet up next weekend.

What should I do?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs

Sounds like something is going on with her and you might have been used to fill a gap. If this where me I'd move along unless you want a roller coaster ride with that one.

She just got what she wanted from you (sex) and then dumped you. Everything she said was lies to get into your pants. She is a predator with no regard for your feelings.

Oh wait, you are the guy? Then she is just en empowered woman excercising her sex positive freedom. You must have done something wrong to chase her away.

Kidding aside, she sounds like she isn't emotionally equipped for any type of real relationship and self sabatages to protect herself. She likely got freaked out with how deep the follow up texting got. You might be able to salvage this by keeping further texting light. But you might want to let this one go. She sounds like a basketful of crazy.

• Like 1
  • Author
Terrorblade

I agree.. most of the women I've met who say "I always meet *******s" are usually the ones that are full of crazy. Anyway, I am usually honest and upfront about my feelings and I expect other people to be too. I can't have sex and not feel something afterwards.

She just got what she wanted from you (sex) and then dumped you. Everything she said was lies to get into your pants. She is a predator with no regard for your feelings.

Oh wait, you are the guy? Then she is just en empowered woman excercising her sex positive freedom. You must have done something wrong to chase her away.

lol, love it !

OP let her go. She told you everything you needed to know before the sex. Why expect something else.

• Author
Terrorblade

I think so, yes.

Sigh.. I told you Greta, I can't have sex and say "goodbye" afterwards. We had planned to meet up again, and well, women who have wanted to have sex with me have been upfront about it. I did not expect her to lie about making plans and then blowing them all up in a flash.

Michelle ma Belle

Nothing. Don't do anything.

She sounds like she's just as confused as you are. She's making it clear she's not interested in anything more so why waste anymore time and energy on her?

Chalk it up to experience and move on already.

Good luck.

• Author
Terrorblade

Thank you Michelle.. the only problem was that I have never been in anything that was over in a flash . But sometimes, things happen. Thanks for the support! :)

dolceamourr

You literally did nothing wrong, at all. This would have happened with her and ANY guy. She's a mess. She doesn't know what she wants, is not emotionally available, and will continue this back and forth "push pull" nonsense if you allow it.

Plus, a woman OR a man who invites you over to their place for a 1st date is almost definitely looking for sex. To me it sounds like she wants sex, and then freaks out the second interest is reciprocated beyond just the physical. She's a hot mess. Leave it and move on.

Hi folks.

I met this girl a couple of weeks ago on a social networking website. We decided to meet up on a weekend. I went to her place, we had lunch and then saw a movie. She then asked me to stay the night.

We sat up talking that night. She told me that her previous boyfriends had not been very nice to her and that she had been "stupid" in choosing them and being so much in love. She's good company, funny and nice (I've dated enough women to not run after looks, and the fact that she is pretty is not the only reason I like her).

Long story short.. we were sitting close and started making out. Ended up having sex on the first date. She told me that she did not want a relationship (she told me the longest she has been with someone is a couple of months, and she broke up with the last dude 2 months back) because she did not want to be needy. But then she told me that she liked me, and that we would meet up next weekend.

I left next afternoon, and we kept talking on text the entire day. NOTHING about the sex we had, but it was more about how much she missed me and wanted to see me soon. I admit that I like her, and I want to know her better, so I was glad to see that she felt the same way. However, when we were talking the next day, she told me that we were going too fast and our chats were getting "too romantic", and that she wanted us to slow down. I was taken aback, but then she had mentioned this first so I did not push her about this.

However, after telling me this, she has stopped texting me. I am usually the one who initiates these conversations, and it seems like she is not so keen on talking. I am choosy with the women I date, but I fall for them easily. It was the first time I had sex on the first date.. and yes (like other guys would tell me) I don't want to "hit it and quit it" and want to see her again.

However, the way she is behaving makes me wonder, because she was all romantic even after we had sex. I haven't texted her a lot since then, and she cancelled our plan to meet up next weekend.

What should I do?

You did everything wrong.

You got super needy, smothered her.

Kinda like you fell in love with her, when she didnt love you.

I think youre dead in the water now.

Youve already texted her enough, and she's done.

Move on

I think so, yes.

Sigh.. I told you Greta, I can't have sex and say "goodbye" afterwards.

I understand that Terrorblade, when you know yourself enough, like you do, then you don't have sex on a first date right. We've all been in your shoes and learn from it, it was your turn, it sucks I know.

• Author
Terrorblade

Funny thing happened today. One of my friends called me up. Apparently she is best friends with the girl I met, but I didn't know that (kind of looked like a setup lol). Basically, the girl was "passing on the message" that I could be **** buddies if I wanted to.

I told both of them to **** off.

Thanks guys. Whenever you visit my city, I'll take you out for a beer :)