If someone you dated can't be found on the Internet

ShiningMoon

ShiningMoon

If someone you dated a while back (months) can't be found on the Internet at all (Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Random websites) what would you assume? Would you try searching again after in a couple of months or just drop the idea of ever reconnecting with them (assuming that you no longer have their number and don't have their email)?

Thank you!

How well did you know them? Of the 2 people I know who have/had absolutely no trace of on themselves on the internet one was a fraudster giving a false surname, when he got caught the truth came out in the news! The second works in a sensitive field and needs to be untraceable.

If someone you dated a while back (months) can't be found on the Internet at all (Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Random websites) what would you assume? Would you try searching again after in a couple of months or just drop the idea of ever reconnecting with them (assuming that you no longer have their number and don't have their email)?

Thank you!

I'd hire a Private Investigator to find them.

Then I'd go to their highschool, get the year book, look up their birthdate, and go to the hospital that they were born. Then, I'd try to contact their mother

• Like 1

I'd give up, unless it was a life or death emergency. They don't want to be found or you were catfished.

I'm not sure what you mean by "what would you assume?"

Were they someone that you could once find on the internet and they've deleted their accounts? Or is this someone that never had an internet presence. I know, hard to believe but it's true. Some don't.

My ex has no internet presence. Aside form public record of our house sale, she's not on the net. No social accounts, no internet forums, nothing. At least nothing in her real name. Maybe aliases for gaming forums, but even those are sparse and you'd never tie them to her real name.

There are some people, that aren't' into the whole "sharing" thing Very private, and just don't care to post about themselves. This is especially true of us older folk.

I'd assume nothing.