Should i give him my #? [update]

crazybestie101

crazybestie101

I live on west coast but currently visiting family in east coast. I started going to gym here and i met this cute guy there. He works at gym. He is being too friendly with me from second week , and its been month now of going to gym. He even remembers my gym ID # and when i talk to him he just looks in my eyes lol

Is there really something here and am i just assuming stuff?

Part of me thinks that he wants to talk to me but he is afraid that he works there and i am his customer and may be i dont think same way as he does. May be it will create mess for his work. I am thinking to leave him note with my number and say " text me"

is this a good idea? Sorry but i have never approached guy like this. In past , guys always chased me and then i started dating them. Please i need your input .. Thanks a lot ..

TheyCallMeOx

Are you looking for a hook-up with the dude? I'm assuming you're going to eventually go back to where you live, so it wouldn't make logical sense to pursue a relationship with the dude. If you're just looking to get laid, I'd be professional about it. Telling him to text you just seems kind of childish. I'd go up to him and be like "hey. I've been going to the gym for a little while, been visiting some family, and I desperately need to get out and do something besides spend time with the family and the gym. Would you be interested in going out soon?" Let him know that you won't be there long, which (if he's smart enough), will be a realization that you want to go to pound town, and you're being very casual about it, upfront, and very quick. If he says yes, give him your number. If not, go do yoga and find an even better lookin' dude by observing which males admire dat ass during downward facing dog. Or grab some 45's, slap em on the bar, and pump 315 until all the other women on the elliptical get intimated by you and leave the gym.

melodicintention

Don't give him your number unless he asks. Don't chase after men, let them chase you or risk always being the one to initiate. If he's truly interested he will let you know, most guys don't let their dream girls just slip away. You could however talk about something you'd like to do (like mention a new movie for example), open up opportunity in the conversation for him to ask you for your number.

• Like 1
  • Author
crazybestie101
Instead of offering your #, ask for his.

Like how would i do that ? Should i just go up to him and start conversation and ask him for his number? I am going back to west coast so i need to cancel gym membership , so i guess that time i will ask him.

its like time to leave and all these is happening. i feel like whats point of getting his number since we live in two different coast. But he is sweet guy and i do want to talk to him.

And above all i feel like what if he doesnt think that way and i give him my number , i will look like complete fool lol

• Author
crazybestie101
Are you looking for a hook-up with the dude? I'm assuming you're going to eventually go back to where you live, so it wouldn't make logical sense to pursue a relationship with the dude. If you're just looking to get laid, I'd be professional about it. Telling him to text you just seems kind of childish. I'd go up to him and be like "hey. I've been going to the gym for a little while, been visiting some family, and I desperately need to get out and do something besides spend time with the family and the gym. Would you be interested in going out soon?" Let him know that you won't be there long, which (if he's smart enough), will be a realization that you want to go to pound town, and you're being very casual about it, upfront, and very quick. If he says yes, give him your number. If not, go do yoga and find an even better lookin' dude by observing which males admire dat ass during downward facing dog. Or grab some 45's, slap em on the bar, and pump 315 until all the other women on the elliptical get intimated by you and leave the gym.

yeah hook up sorta lol i just want to talk to this guy out of gym like have some real conversation and see what happens. Sadly , its time for me to leave in 2 weeks. i wish he lived in AZ .i feel like whats point of asking his number and all where i wont be able to hang out with him. And part of me says that regardless of all this i should still go that route and ask him for his number and see. I have had long distance relationship , i know not so great idea. But i am okay with long distance if person is worth pursuing for.

TheyCallMeOx
yeah hook up sorta lol i just want to talk to this guy out of gym like have some real conversation and see what happens. Sadly , its time for me to leave in 2 weeks. i wish he lived in AZ .i feel like whats point of asking his number and all where i wont be able to hang out with him. And part of me says that regardless of all this i should still go that route and ask him for his number and see. I have had long distance relationship , i know not so great idea. But i am okay with long distance if person is worth pursuing for.

Just be real with yourself. Two weeks is an instant relationship boner kill because if the dude really turns out to be the man of your dreams, then it's going to feel pre-mature. You won't want to leave, and then you'll go back home and be all depressed and your lady bits will be blue ballin and you'll have to be changing your panties every 5 seconds because it's gushing out like Niagara falls and you'll be back visiting your family in 3 days. They'll wonder why you're back so soon and why you brought a box of 300 condoms and strawberry lube, they won't see you for extended periods of time even though you came back "because you missed them so much" and assume you're prostituting yourself, call the cops, and the cops track you down when you're bangin' the backseat of his car because you couldn't wait to get back to his place. He'll get arrested, you'll get arrested, and then you'll eventually go back to where you live and wonder "why didn't I just bang the dude and run?" If you're real, you know you aren't up for a long distance relationship. The dude is probably sexy as hell, got a nice physique that you can cook scrambled eggs on his chiseled abs, and you want to metaphorically blow his brains out of his skull. Well, go do it. Just be professional, that's all.

Yeah, You should ask him for his number.

You can make small talk with him, ask him what he does there. If there are any classes that girls like you would like.

Then ask him for his number?

Life is too short, to think about stuff like going back home and stuff.

Live in the now. I say go for it

• Like 1
Cunning_Linguist

Confident women turn me on. If you see something you want, go for it. If you want something in life, you have to be proactive.

• Like 1

No.. don't leave a note.. if you are interested, ask him if he's single. If he is single indeed, suggest going to have ice cream one day; or any other activities that you'd like to do.

If he has a girlfriend, just ask him another question, and take the conversation somewhere else, so it doesn't become awkward.

• Like 1

If he is working, and you are a customer, he'd have to be an idiot to ask you out. Good way to get fired. So either you need to step up, or count on him being an idiot. And if he's an idiot, probably don't want to date him.

• Like 1
Like how would i do that ? Should i just go up to him and start conversation and ask him for his number? I am going back to west coast so i need to cancel gym membership , so i guess that time i will ask him.

its like time to leave and all these is happening. i feel like whats point of getting his number since we live in two different coast. But he is sweet guy and i do want to talk to him.

And above all i feel like what if he doesnt think that way and i give him my number , i will look like complete fool lol

Since you will be going back to your coast soon, you must consider whether you really want to start this.

Asking for his number during your next conversation is far less awkward or presumptuous then handing him yours.

• Author
crazybestie101

So today i went to gym and he was there. As soon as i was about to sign in , he said my gym ID # ( he remembers) , i smiled as way to confirm it. His coworker and customer was there at moment . Without thinking about anything i just asked him " what's your name", he said his name after repeating my question twice ( he was surprised). Then i went my way. I felt so stupid after this like i didnt get response i wanted. After then when i was passing by his desk , he called me. I didint wanted to be creep so i told him that since he remember my ID # , i wanted to know his name. He said" its cool. its good to know who is working". Then there was complete silence so he said have a good one "

Then, i finally exited gym , i was with my friends . He greeted good night to my friends and then he saw me , he smiled at me and shook his head like saying bye or whatever.

Honestly , after today i may not want to ask his number. Part of me thinks that he is just being customer friendly and i might be thinking other way. I dont want to look like complete creep by asking his number. At this moment i only know this guy's first name , i looked around internet couldn't find him. I wish i could find him online but i don't know his last name. I will have another chance to talk to him tomorrow so lets see. I do want to risk everything and ask his contact info but idk. And yes i already thought about him being employee and i am being customer , he would never ask me for number , he doesnt seem idiot lol. So i guess its up on me to step up this game. But i have the feeling that when a guy is in to you , you will just know it. Regardless what's situation , he will make an effort to show that he is trying . i don't see that here or may be i am wrong .

Oh heavens. At this point since you don't know his name until today & you are leaving soon, I do think that you may have been misinterpreting good customer service for interest. I suppose you don't know if he's single either.

• Author
crazybestie101
Oh heavens. At this point since you don't know his name until today & you are leaving soon, I do think that you may have been misinterpreting good customer service for interest. I suppose you don't know if he's single either.

I know.. i never thought about him and all earlier. But i don't think he looks at other customer the way he does to me. Something his eyes tells me. I have been to other places where guys works so i know the difference in behavior.I might be just running guesses.

But here what i think want to do next .When i go for cancelling my gym membership, in middle of procedure i will tell him everything. I will be like " i know this is so weird but i am going back to AZ and i think you are pretty cool so i was thinking that i want to keep in touch with you. May be we should exchange our facebook info or phone numbers.. It's totally cool if you say "no" to this.

I will just wait for his answer and even if he says no, i still will smile and say "its cool". i know this can lead me to humiliation , he might laugh at me later while talking to his friends about me but who cares.

AS you are leaving the state, I don't see the point. If you can manage to go on a date or two before you become long distance, that would be better.

• Author
crazybestie101
AS you are leaving the state, I don't see the point. If you can manage to go on a date or two before you become long distance, that would be better.

I so wanted to hang out with him , i wish i had gathered courage before to ask him. But it's too late. I do wish i could go on date with him but i am so packed with family time. Dates and much more can happen if he was in AZ but its impossible. i know there is no point .. But i just want to put my words out there. Never know i might back to this place again in December.

• Author
crazybestie101

May be we can have airport date if he wants haha

• Author
crazybestie101

After all the confusion and nervousness , i finally got courage to go up to him and this is how our conversation went:

Him: hey , signing me in for session.

Me : Hey , can we do cancellation procedure..

Him: What! Are you cancelling? (twice with surprise face and with " i am gonna miss you " face lol

Me: Remember i told you i live in AZ.

This was turning point ..

Me: Hey , can i tell you something.. I know it's weird but i think you are pretty cool. I am leaving for AZ next week and wanting to keep in touch with you. If it is okay if we can exchange our facebook info. or phone numbers.. Its cool if you say "no" to this , i totally understand it.

Him: oh no thats cool.. Here let me give you my number.

Me: Do you have facebook?

Him: i am not like so social person; i do have it but it has some crazy stuff on it & i don't want to freak you out. Let's start with here and go on from this.

Then we had talk about our states and he said he would move to Arizona..

Then we went through cancellation procedure and he kept telling me even though you are cancelling but you can come tomorrow until end of this month..

When leaving gym he came out and waved his hand and said good luck and bye, said we will keep touch . May be was thinking i would hug him..

Oh lord i never approached guy before but ehh. Originally, i only wanted to add him on facebook ..because he is still stranger and i want to know him before handing my number. but i guess texting only option..

Now that i have his number , i am not gonna jump right away. i will text him later this week or may be when i go back.. What do guys think ?i dont want him to feel like i got his number and here i am ready to blow his phone away. I want to take it slow and dont want to come off some crazy chick.

• Author
crazybestie101

I have posted thread about how i met guy at gym ( he works there ) while visiting east coast. We both live in two different coasts.He was complete stranger. I thought something was there , started conversation. I was able to get his number.I havent texted him yet!( busy).But Whenever we found ourselves alone in gym we talked more openly about our lives , future and stuff.

I live in west coast and this guy family lives in west coast too. So from first instance , distance doesn't seem to be an issue and he told me he would move to my state. Yesterday, he asked me more about place i live now ,my career and where my life is heading. He told me about same about his life. It seemed like we are on same page. But then we got into age discussion and he told me he recently graduated high school. i am like what ?? He look like he is in college. i am college senior. I was completely shocked like wth.

Call me old fashioned but i never thought of dating younger guys. We sure have some good 4-5 years of age difference. I do enjoy talking to him , he seems to be liking that too. We both tell each other that we will stay in touch after i move back to my state. But where is all this heading..

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs and merge

I had the very same problem you had with a girl. In the end I eventually decided it wasn't worth pursing. Some times I wonder what could have been but then again I just saved myself a whole lot of adjusting. I would recommend finding someone your age, but the choice is yours. That's probably the most frustrating thing about real world dating, that random age gap. I know it's frustrating.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Delete full quote
  • Like 1

I always hate the question "where is this heading"

The question is, does this guy make my life fun and enrich me.

Its always the trip not the destination.

4-5 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things

• Like 2
  • Author
crazybestie101

Background info: i met this guy at gym while visiting another state. i got his number, we communicated , always said to each other we will keep in touch.

Now i came back to my state and we are long distance now. And we finally started communicating via text. Yesterday , we talked all day long. He was quick in replying , and wrote detailed text message. So i assume he was interested in me. He even was texting me while he was at work. At moment i fell asleep while waiting for his reply , but after few hours he texted me and apologized. So i replied saying that i understand that he is at work and wished him good night.

Its been more than 12 hours and i haven't heard from him. i couldn't wait so texted him " seems like someone got so busy:P" i know its pretty normal but i am freaking out. I want to get hold of him but i know its pretty stupid to do all this. i don't want to act like crazy so i am gonna leave him alone..

Please help me take this off my mind.

This wasn't a good idea. I read your last thread. That last post about how he would move to Arizona, where is this heading, pondering about the age issue, he has family in the west coast -- building castles in the sky. Looking into the future when you don't even know the guy.

Now you are freaking out over a guy you hardly know that hasn't responded in 12 hours and sending a passive aggressive text message.

These LD situations don't do anything for you but to cause you chaos and drama in your head. People advised you that it wasn't in your best interest.

What do you think could possibly come out of this -- a guy that's on the other side of the country, just graduated high school, works in a gym (tons of girls parading around) and tells you it wouldn't be a good idea for you to visit his FB because it may freak you out.

Edited by Zahara
  • Like 2
seems like someone got so busy:P"

No.. it's passive aggressive. It means "I was waiting by my phone, but you didn't message me. Are you ignoring me?"

Leave it alone.