First Date Report

So, I figured I would put this out there, because I am somewhat uncertain of how this ended.

I met this girl from POF about a month and our emails to each other were great. No one-liners, well thought out paragraphs, actual grammar. She fits the mold of what I am looking for in a relationship but we had a hard time connecting to go out. Either I couldn't or she couldn't, til I started the fade. She did reach out to me and I figured I'd give it a shot. So we went out last evening at 6 PM.

She was a few minutes late, but she told me she might be. No problem. She walks in and she was just beautiful.

We hit it off, got to talking, it was going really well. Listened to everything she had to say, we have a lot in common, shares my sense of humor. IThe conversation was evolving organically, no pressure, just 1 instance of silence (which never happens to me). I asked about her family, did callbacks to previous conversations we had, and was really interested in her as a person. Eye contact was down and I was keeping a positive attitude throughout. Unfortunately for me, near the end (around 8:00-ish), I could feel the beer buzzing and I started complimenting her. Now normally, I don't do this, but to me she was just absolutely a knockout. I made the bonehead mistake of telling her that it might be a little upfront but the way she was looking at me made me really want to kiss her.

As soon as I said that, internally, a piece of me died.

She blushed but said that it was a little too forward.

I changed the subject, we kept talking about other stuff. Shortly after I asked if she was ready to go and walked her to the car. She said she had a great time and would love to do it again. We hugged, and then actually kissed twice.

Now, I've been on enough dates to know that being told that she had a great time and would love to do it again, nor a kiss, mean anything at all.

I wish I had (a) Eaten something (b) Reigned that comment in.

But all in all, not a bad night. I've already internalized that if we don't go out again, lesson learned. If we do go out again, lesson learned.

Well... she just texted me. Positive vibes.

There really is no point to this thread other than to just actually dish out how a potentially good relationship could evolve. This could be interesting.

It's nice to hear positive stories, gives hope to the less lucky ones.

I am looking forward to hear about new developments :)

• Like 2

Naw.. sounds like someone had a crush. :)

Glad things turned out well.. here's to the eventual kiss. :love:

That all sounds great mate! Let us know eh?

So, I figured I would put this out there, because I am somewhat uncertain of how this ended.

I met this girl from POF about a month and our emails to each other were great. No one-liners, well thought out paragraphs, actual grammar. She fits the mold of what I am looking for in a relationship but we had a hard time connecting to go out. Either I couldn't or she couldn't, til I started the fade. She did reach out to me and I figured I'd give it a shot. So we went out last evening at 6 PM.

She was a few minutes late, but she told me she might be. No problem. She walks in and she was just beautiful.

We hit it off, got to talking, it was going really well. Listened to everything she had to say, we have a lot in common, shares my sense of humor. IThe conversation was evolving organically, no pressure, just 1 instance of silence (which never happens to me). I asked about her family, did callbacks to previous conversations we had, and was really interested in her as a person. Eye contact was down and I was keeping a positive attitude throughout. Unfortunately for me, near the end (around 8:00-ish), I could feel the beer buzzing and I started complimenting her. Now normally, I don't do this, but to me she was just absolutely a knockout. I made the bonehead mistake of telling her that it might be a little upfront but the way she was looking at me made me really want to kiss her.

As soon as I said that, internally, a piece of me died.

She blushed but said that it was a little too forward.

I changed the subject, we kept talking about other stuff. Shortly after I asked if she was ready to go and walked her to the car. She said she had a great time and would love to do it again. We hugged, and then actually kissed twice.

Now, I've been on enough dates to know that being told that she had a great time and would love to do it again, nor a kiss, mean anything at all.

I wish I had (a) Eaten something (b) Reigned that comment in.

But all in all, not a bad night. I've already internalized that if we don't go out again, lesson learned. If we do go out again, lesson learned.

Well... she just texted me. Positive vibes.

There really is no point to this thread other than to just actually dish out how a potentially good relationship could evolve. This could be interesting.

You're right that anything good at the end of a first meet/date means nothing. From my experience stay in contact, text etc, call for a little while before asking for the 2nd date.

Court the girl, don't rush it and chance scaring her away.

Its a good sign if you managed to kiss a girl on the first date as the sexual attraction is there.

In my experience the girls who were interested in me always text me straigh away after a date however this isnt always a prelude to a relationship as being humans we may have a change of heart.

I d say keep on dating to see how things go.

• Author

Yeah, I've had women text me as soon as they got home that they had a great time and would love to do it again and then never hear from them again.

I just got great personal news which I shared with her through text. She said we needed to go celebrate. I said Thursday would be awesome, she agreed.

So Date #2 going down in 50 hours-ish.

• Like 6
Yeah, I've had women text me as soon as they got home that they had a great time and would love to do it again and then never hear from them again.

I just got great personal news which I shared with her through text. She said we needed to go celebrate. I said Thursday would be awesome, she agreed.

So Date #2 going down in 50 hours-ish.

Sounds great.

Seems like you know where you go wrong in your dates, so you'll be fine.

On the next date have some fun with her and get some playful teasing going on.

Keep us posted!

• Author

I definitely will. I spoke to her on the phone last night and she seems really excited about celebrating together on Thursday.

Drinks/apps are in order. We just so happen to have the same favorite bar in one specific area too. So that worked out nicely. It's right by the shore too, perfect for a "romantic" stroll down the boardwalk.

• Like 2
  • Author

Date #2:

Really good one. We both arrived at the same time and had to pay for parking, so I made sure to pay for hers while she was still parking. Paid for 3 hours max, on purpose. Wanted to make sure it wasn't dragged out (common mistake for early daters!) As soon as she walks up to me while I am paying for it, she gives me a kiss. So off to a good start.

Sat down and had drinks/apps and just talking. There were pauses in the conversation. It happens sometimes but we recover nicely every single time. Had 3 apps, few drinks, good conversation, making fun of each other.

By the time the check came (and it was kind of a biggie), she offered since it was a "celebration" for me. I told her only on the condition that the next one was mine. She accepted so we've set the place for #3. No date yet, we'll hammer that out eventually.

All in all, not bad. Somehow the subject of kids came up and it wasn't as off-putting as other times I am asked. She asked with good reason and I can understand why she did it, but ladies... keep this in your holster a little longer. :laugh:

I'm excited to see her again, almost got overzealous and asked for a Saturday night date but want to let this simmer.

HUGE BONUS: In 2 dates, I've yet to see her phone. That is a monumental achievement. I still can't believe it, even when I've gone to the bathroom and come back, she wasn't on it.

• Like 4
PegNosePete

Sounds great, nice job!

Just one thing...

Paid for 3 hours max, on purpose. Wanted to make sure it wasn't dragged out (common mistake for early daters!)

I'd definitely disagree with that, second date with my gf was around 9 hours long, and was all great.

But what you did worked for you, so who am I to criticize :)

• Like 1
at the same time and had to pay for parking, so I made sure to pay for hers while she was still parking.

Good job! + 10 points

• Like 2
  • Author

I like to keep mine relatively short in the beginning, kinda keeps it sexy and sweet that way.

We've texted 2-3 times today just joking about some of the stuff that happened last night. She's looking forward to our next date, next week.

• Like 1

Sounds great,

Its always a good date when you can make fun of each other.

SHows youre not afraid of her.

Another good trick I've learned to build some rapport, is to change venues with the girl.

Like start at one bar, then move to another bar, together.

Or start doing one activity, finish it, then, go somewhere else with her.

It builds real trust.

Sounds great, Good luck

• Like 1

Hey! Good luck! :)

All sound great!

I have to admit....maybe it's just me but I like it when a guy later admits he thinks he messed up on date #1.....It's cute! * Swoon!* :laugh:

• Author

Yeah, well, I am self-aware now when it comes to dating, so I know immediately when I've done or said something. At least I have a sense of humor about it! :laugh:

Date #3 has been set. I offered her Wednesday or Friday for sushi/drinks at a nearby place.

She took Wednesday and said she was very excited to see me. I'm sure this will go pretty well

Figured I'd keep updating... see what happens.

Yeah, well, I am self-aware now when it comes to dating, so I know immediately when I've done or said something. At least I have a sense of humor about it! :laugh:

Date #3 has been set. I offered her Wednesday or Friday for sushi/drinks at a nearby place.

She took Wednesday and said she was very excited to see me. I'm sure this will go pretty well

Figured I'd keep updating... see what happens.

what does it mean when a girl says shes excited to see me and dance with me?

im assuming more than a friend she sees me

• Author

Third Date Report:

Had a great time with her. We went to a sushi place right next to my apartment. We had some Korean Wings (which were amazing and she loved) and an assorted variety of sushi. This was definitely the highest comfort level we've had with each other. We were pretty open about plenty of subjects. She even opened up about being worried about the "3rd Date Rule" at some point.

I let her know that we weren't under the guise of any rules and things should just happen as they need to. I told her that I just wanted to get to know her more and if it happened tonight, fine, and if not, fine. No rush. She seemed a lot more at ease after that and a lot more open to talking about other subjects. We both disclosed the fact that we didn't have plans for Saturday, so we are going to spend it together.

Had some beers, good food, great conversation, and walked her to her car. We kissed for a while next to her car and then I cut it short and told her she should probably head on home and be safe driving. Opened her car door for her and kissed her good night.

With every other woman I've met, I've pretty much sealed the deal by Date 3. With her, not in a rush. It could happen on Saturday or on Date 5, but for once, I'm actually enjoying the dating process. It's not a matter of WILL it happen, it's WHEN. So with that in mind, I'll let the courtship continue and see where we go. So far, I've liked a LOT of what I have seen from her.

• Like 1

Yes It all sounds good.

Do you know why she mentioned the 3rd date rule garbage?

Thats right... because she's thinking about it. :rolleyes:

So, this is a fantastic indicator.

Also Korean BBQ is always very good.

You guys should see a movie

• Author

Oh trust me, I know that's why she mentioned it. It's definitely on her mind. Obviously it's on my mind. I think she's beautiful and definitely sexy. It's why I also felt no need to rush it. I've definitely laid it out there how interested I am in her, so it's NO secret at all. Like I said, it's not an IF, but a WHEN.

We'll see a movie... probably Date 5. I definitely enjoy her company and seeing her.

But definitely, I know there's a deep sexual tension between the two of us at this point. I think the fact that I broke up the make-out session and told her good night definitely helped build the anticipation.

Looking forward to #4.

• Author

Spoke to her on the phone just now. Date #4 is set.

We had been talking about local breweries in the area and she's an avid craft beer fan, as am I. I know of one specific brewery that I absolutely love that is close to a beach as well.

She'll be dropping her car off at my place and then I'll drive us to the brewery and a restaurant on the beach shore. She'll love it and I'll definitely enjoy showing it to her.

She said she was looking forward to seeing me on Saturday and she was excited about seeing my apartment. I just told her that she'll at least get to see the outside before we leave for the brewery and no promises after that.

I am actually REALLY looking forward to seeing her. Last night was an absolute blast with her. It's very rare that I enjoy this whole process sometimes, but with her, it's become completely natural. She's a throwback. She's younger than I am by 5 years, but if I tell her to text/call me... she'll call. We don't text often. We don't have to hear from each other everyday, I've never seen her pull out her phone AT ALL in 3 dates. I may never see it. She seems to come from a really good and stable family. She's got her career in order. Not bad right now, not bad at all.

• Like 4

Sounds fantastic.

Be sure to give her a tour of your apt before you head out to the brewery.

I always like when it gets to this casual phase.

Get to teaasing her the same way you've been doing

It sounds like you're both on the same wave!! It's smooth and enjoyable, that's how it's suppose to be! Very happy for you.

Versacehottie

How have I missed this thread?!? I love seeing things unfold in such a great way!!

btw, i don't think it's bad what you said on first date. Not bad to admit that she is pretty etc. You didn't gush and put on some unreal pedestal. Mostly i don't like if guys ask IF they CAN kiss me. But i don't mind when they say something to the effect of what you did. Like if he said it once, maybe twice is ok but beyond that yes i would probably perceive him differently at that point.

So funny, is there a handbook that tells some cool guys that they shouldn't be complimenting girls? I feel like i've seen that position from guys on here several times. If you're a confident guy, being able to give a compliment (i guess where guys perceive that they are being vulnerable) is a great thing. And we just think highly of you for doing that. If it is is done when you are not confident and you are trying to sway us or act like we are out of your league, well it's not terrible but not going to change our minds with compliments.

Anyway, excited for your dating. It all sounds great.