Am i overthinking this? What did he mean?

Guy and i have been dating for 2 months and we see each other once or twice a week due to work schedules. When we hang out things seem

to be going well. We dont really run out of things to talk about and i like that we always do stuff together as opposed to just sitting in his room watching a movie. Ive met some of his friends and his daughter. Hes not the most affectionate but when i kiss him or hold his hand he'll reciprocate. I dont know to me i thought things were going really well. But the last time we saw each other, things were also great until we said goodbye. I mean we had our arms around each other while he walked me to my car, kissed goodbye then said goodnight. The one phrase that bothered me is that as he walk away he says "i'll see you around" and i dont even remember what i said coz in my head i was like "huh? What does that mean?"

I dont know i guess my interpretation of "see you around" is more of negative like i'll see you again someday. Am i overthinking? What do you think it meant?

Sounds like an innocuous statement to me. Just a blanket statement since it sounds like you haven't set up the next time you will be seeing each other?

• Author
Sounds like an innocuous statement to me. Just a blanket statement since it sounds like you haven't set up the next time you will be seeing each other?

Thanks for your reply Molimo! Yeah we dont have a set plan on when we're gonna see each other again. Altho we are supposed to go to an event next weekend together.

• Author
Would you rather he say, "Hasta la vista, baby?"

Honestly yeah. At least i wouldve just taken it as him

kidding around.