Random Text Message

ediebrick

I met a guy on a blind date only for dinner last week. Since then we have been texting back and forth quite a bit. I sometimes initiate the messages; sometimes he does. Yesterday, he sent me a message asking me to remind him whether we were going hiking or playing tennis on Sunday. I responded to him that he should choose which he prefers and then asked him to get back to me. He did not text me all day nor did I text him (I sent the last message last night) but, just now, I received a random message for me to "be careful and have fun tonight" What do you make of this? He doesn't respond to my last message but sends this?

THanks

Possibly just a bit of confusion. I suspect he misunderstood, and was waiting for you to text him. In that case, this text is just to show you that he has no hard feelings about you not getting back to him.

:)

• Like 1
Possibly just a bit of confusion. I suspect he misunderstood, and was waiting for you to text him. In that case, this text is just to show you that he has no hard feelings about you not getting back to him.

:)

I agree. I have done this often. Just a bit of a nudge to remind someone to text back, really. I know that if I don't reply to a text straight away for whatever reason, I might forget about it. And I know many people are like that as well. So if "enough time has passed and I haven't heard back (and the text was meant for a reply), then I'll text something soft and nice, like "have fun tonight" or whatever is appropriate in the situation, just as a reminder that I still haven't received a text.

If that text is not forthcoming after that... then I take a hint! But more often than not it is really just either a misunderstanding or a forgotten reply (or, as I found out a few weeks ago, it might be that your phone is playing up and not receiving actual texts!)

• Like 1

Text don't always make it to the other end, imagine that eh!

Why not give him a call to set up Sunday.

Last night was 4th of July. You from the US? He could have been referring to the holiday--- the night when people go nuts, blow hands off, drive wasted more often, go crazy.