Newbie - Does She Know?

iamgaius

OK I'm a guy and this is probably the worst question that's you guys will get for some time. Question is does she KNOW I like her?

I work with this girl. She's pretty quiet ...maybe a bit jaded (our jobs aren't exactly important). I have this is "thing"...if I find the girl attractive I can't talk to her. If I am not attractive I am fine. So I make a perfect "safety" date...relationships I'm bad at.

Anyway with her, I usually instigate most of our conversation. She'll ask me work related questions. I answer and make her laugh. But from a conversation thing, I feel I have to start it off. It's fine...she's pretty quiet personality, etc so I don't think she dreads talking to me (or maybe she does???). But my topics are just pitiful haha

But some of the conversations I start are just so bad! When I think back on the topics, they're pitiful lol. Here's today:

-She came after I did, asked how long I was staying (I have multiple responsibilities so my hours are slightly different).

-I flicked her hair (mentioned length) to kickstart a topic. she brought her hair out the front to prove that it was long -> v cut

- We talked about the weather then she asked if why I was still there

I mention her to my coworkers to see if they know I like her but nothing. But her sister (also works) told me that I have come up at home.

I'd be amazed if she doesn't know I like her...what do you guys think.

PS she also has a tattoo that she showed me...don't know if that relevant (she basically just moved her hair over - she always wears it down...weird lol)

I think you've been getting on well with this girl.

Touching a woman's hair is a really sensual thing, believe it or not,

so, she might know that you like her, and by your comments, she seem receptive.

- Anyway, Talk to her about things that girls find fascinating. Like ask her if she's a Justin Bieber fan. What she thinks of the latest fashion trends.

Light stuff that women care about.

YOu might want to ask her, where she hangs out, then ask her to hang out with you some night

Ok, I don't wanna be the guy who ruins your hopes, but I have known women like this, and yes they have let me touch their hair too, but they were just being friendly. She might just be really comfortable around you which does not necessarily mean she likes you.

A girl that likes you will -- seems excited to be around you, ask you personal questions, and be fairy nervous around you (most anyway)

A girl that doesn't like you-- fairly calm and passive, mention other guys, have one sided conversations that practically revolve around her and not you

Just something to keep in mind.

• Author

@assasda- well i don't know it is me. That's the issue here haha. She is pretty laid back, even if she does check the time a lot and text a lot.

@kolem- yeah, she definitely walks a fine line between the two! But she hasn't mentioned other guys...she told me about getting her tattoo- spur of the moment type thing with her girlfriends ( anything to that? It is a pretty intimate detail i think). But she also doesn't seem nervous around me. I am the one who scrambles for the ridiculous topics lol!!!

@hari - lol could you imagine that!!!! Unfortunately, asking her out has its risks...not only would it be out in the open that I like her ( although it would baffle me if she has not picked up on that lol!) but she could always say no.

Also is there anything to the idea that I have come up in conversation between her and her sis @ home? Good/bad?

Edited by iamgaius

If you are still confused about whether she likes you or not, I would say try flirting more with her and she how she reacts. Give her hints that would be unmistakeable signs that you like her and see how she reacts.

Signs such as--

do you have a boyfriend?

what do you think of my body?

what kind of guys are you into?

wow you look great today

you look like my last girlfriend

Create some sort of romantic tension between you two and see what she does. If she starts giving you signs that your just friends you have you answer, if she starts flirting back then likes you. Flirting is your answer, don't focus on all the other minor details like what her sister may have said to her. If it doesn't work with this one, start looking for another.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Is there anything to using the word "infuriate"??? It seems unlikely a person would use this word if they are, in deed, mad about something. Is it wprth reading between the lines?

Is there anything to using the word "infuriate"??? It seems unlikely a person would use this word if they are, in deed, mad about something. Is it wprth reading between the lines?

What's the context?

• 1 month later...
  • Author

Someguy81 - Sorry for the late reply here. The context was/is: my manager (who is also pretty chill to an extent) was basically complaining about me not listening to her properly. So my manager says something to the extent of "sometimes you infuriate me." She says this as the girl I like is walking in our general direction.

So my manager notices the girl and asks "Molly does [brandon ->me] infuriate you?"

Molly looks at me a moment as she goes past and answers "sometimes".

I think it's all fine and you're having a nice rapport with her and it doesn't sound like she's creeped out --- yet. If you didn't work together, I'd be saying ask her to grab a burger after work. But I won't say that since I don't know if your employer frowns on dating employees. Make sure you know. And also you have to know if it doesn't work out, it will be awkward at work from then on. If she should discourage you at all, you have to totally back off except for polite hi like any other coworker.

Why not ask her, "Want to have lunch together? Pizza. I'm buying." Then ask if she wants to order in or go off-premises.

• Author

Our jobs are pretty much dead ends...revolving doors. So I don't think it matters? Maybe it does....

But the thing is, what if she says no...

Shouldn't i start with texting her first? But i may have annoyed her by telling her i keep losing her number...so i really don't know. Help Lol?